AirMiles Canadian Resident Tickets

StarSeven7

DIS Veteran
We have one Canadian resident ticket that we "purchased" through AirMiles back in 2017 the first time they offered Canadian resident tickets, so it has no expiration date. Has anyone upgraded these tickets at guest services to add on days? If so, how do they calculate the price? We also have 2 tickets purchased directly through Disney at the same time (we only had enough AirMiles to purchase one), and I called about adding a day on and it's pretty expensive since they won't do price bridging when the tickets are bought directly from them. So in order to add 1 day onto a 7 day ticket, it will be an extra $79 per person (the difference in price between an 8 day Canadian Resident ticket now and the price I paid for a 7 day back in 2017). I'm just wondering if it would be the same price with the Air Miles ticket or not. Thanks!

Sorry to say that the AM tickets are treated exactly the same way as the others you have -- there's no question of the value of those tickets and that's all they're giving people.
I would suggest doing other things instead of an extra park day that won't cost as much! So many choices:

• mini-golf
  • waterparks
  • Disney Springs
  • Resort hopping
  • Sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast somewhere you've always wanted to go but didn't want to "waste the time eating"

Sorry to say that the AM tickets are treated exactly the same way as the others you have -- there's no question of the value of those tickets and that's all they're giving people.
I would suggest doing other things instead of an extra park day that won't cost as much! So many choices:

• mini-golf
  • waterparks
  • Disney Springs
  • Resort hopping
  • Sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast somewhere you've always wanted to go but didn't want to "waste the time eating"
Thanks for your response! That's what I was afraid of! We do have some of those options planned since we're taking a 10 night trip and only have 7 day passes, just thinking about adding one more park day to join in with our extended family for that day. Thanks!

Just wanted to add another question to this! If we bought the 7 day tickets that Air Miles is currently offering and added on a day once we got down there, would it just be the difference in price between the 7 and 8 day Canadian resident tickets that Disney is selling now? We have Onyx status for Air Miles and I did get a quote for 8 day passes but we don't have quite enough Air Miles for 3 tickets.

Just wanted to add another question to this! If we bought the 7 day tickets that Air Miles is currently offering and added on a day once we got down there, would it just be the difference in price between the 7 and 8 day Canadian resident tickets that Disney is selling now? We have Onyx status for Air Miles and I did get a quote for 8 day passes but we don't have quite enough Air Miles for 3 tickets.

Depends on when you go... if they are still selling the tickets it should be but if it is after the promotion it will likely be the full difference between a discounted CAD 7-day ticket value and a full price 8-day ticket.

Depends on when you go... if they are still selling the tickets it should be but if it is after the promotion it will likely be the full difference between a discounted CAD 7-day ticket value and a full price 8-day ticket.
It would be in January that we used it and Disney is selling the Canadian resident tickets through March!

I hope no one minds me asking about adding the park hopper option to an AM 7-day ticket. I believe that I had read somewhere previously that this is an option but does anyone have any idea as to how much this might cost? We definitely want park hopper passes but if the costs to add that to an AM ticket is excessive, I'm wondering whether it might be better to spend my miles on something else?

I hope no one minds me asking about adding the park hopper option to an AM 7-day ticket. I believe that I had read somewhere previously that this is an option but does anyone have any idea as to how much this might cost? We definitely want park hopper passes but if the costs to add that to an AM ticket is excessive, I'm wondering whether it might be better to spend my miles on something else?

The cost to add park hoppers to your AM tickets will depend on when you go. If you go while there's a Canadian promo (like now and until March 2019), the cost shouldn't be outrageous. If you go while there's no Canadian-only promo, the cost will be the difference between the price AM paid for it and how much it is that day. It's impossible to give an exact price because of the new date-based pricing.

I personally never got PH and we never regretted it. Yes it would be nice but it's far from being an essential option for us, especially when my tickets are practically free because of AM.

We just added the parkhopper to the AM 7-day ticket. It cost us just over $100 US. We won't do it again.

We just added the parkhopper to the AM 7-day ticket. It cost us just over $100 US. We won't do it again.
Can I ask when you purchased your AM tickets? Was it the Canadian resident ones that just came out this fall? And was it over $100 USD per person?

Can I ask when you purchased your AM tickets? Was it the Canadian resident ones that just came out this fall? And was it over $100 USD per person?

They were not the Canadian Resident ones, we got them before Air Miles got their Canadian Resident promotional tickets. Yes, it was over $100 per person. She said because of the new pricing levels, that's what they were. We upgraded on Oct. 28.

I just got back from Disney and tried to add on parkhopper/water park option to airmiles ticket....it was going to cost over $250. Needless to say we did nnot go ahead with the upgrade.

Thanks to those who commented on the cost to add on the parkhopper option. That does NOT sound like a good deal :(.

Just wanted to add our experience too - we used or AirMiles for 5 day base tickets back when AirMiles were due to expire. We went to upgrade to park hoppers and it was going to be $274 USD each - over $700 Canadian! Thankfully I'd had it in the back of my mind that it might be expensive - I wasn't sure what "value" the tickets would have so it was impossible to calculate the difference. We were there October 27-Nov 3 so the new ticketing structure was in place.

I have to say the week worked out perfectly even without the hoppers! We left guest services at Epcot and sat on a bench to try and revamp our plans, opted to go to Hollywood Studios instead (it was the best night for us to plan for Fantasmic), we were able to rearrange fastpasses and our Jiko reservation for plans that wouldn't make sense without hoppers. The only downside was we only ended up having 1 day for the Food and Wine festival.

My suggestion is if you are hoping to upgrade, maybe just keep a back up plan in mind in case it ends up being outrageous!

I've seen on a couple of groups that the airmiles tickets are still saying 2030 expiry. Has anyone added any recently?

From the Airmiles website for adult Canadian resident tickets:

Valid for arrivals through September 27, 2019. Blackout dates of December 24, 2018 through January 1, 2019 apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!