Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Hello, if I go through airmilesshop.ca and order something from Staples (and use the staples code), does this count towards two offers or just the one for airmileshop?

Thanks!

I was just reading on another site. Someone mentioned that the IGA sign up coupon was valid Mar 22 - April 12 (paper coupon from the flyer). @isabellea can you confirm this. The online coupon is definitely Mar 8 - April 12. This discrepancy may explain the "cannot validate" message. Airmiles should still honour the online coupon for MM as they are the one with the two different dates.

The coupon that I got at IGA (it's not in the regular booklet but is on a separate loose sheet included in the booklet) has March 8-April 12 as dates and no coupon required. The 10 AM will be added to our AM account within 30 days after the offer ends. I am keeping the coupon in my files so if we ever need a proof, I will have it.

The cannot validate message only came up with DH's account once I logged in again to his account. Not right after I registered him.

I also checked my account that has been opened with them for years as I started ordering grocery when I was pregnant with my oldest who is now 8yo and I also have that 'Cannot validate' message. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hello, if I go through airmilesshop.ca and order something from Staples (and use the staples code), does this count towards two offers or just the one for airmileshop?

Thanks!
HI! Yes, that will count as your one coupon for Staples AND one of your airmilesshop transactions as well. There is a spot on the Staples site that you can put the coupon code. Just one word of warning, Staples is notoriously bad (i mean REALLY bad) at posting the bonus miles! I have needed to chase them down every single time they offer any bonus (the base miles *usually* post properly). Because of this i recommend you be meticulous in your record keeping. You'll need to have copies of any and all e-mails, pre-tax & shipping amount and date of transaction.

HI! Yes, that will count as your one coupon for Staples AND one of your airmilesshop transactions as well. There is a spot on the Staples site that you can put the coupon code. Just one word of warning, Staples is notoriously bad (i mean REALLY bad) at posting the bonus miles! I have needed to chase them down every single time they offer any bonus (the base miles *usually* post properly). Because of this i recommend you be meticulous in your record keeping. You'll need to have copies of any and all e-mails, pre-tax & shipping amount and date of transaction.

Thank you! I keep copies of my receipts and staple them to the coupon just in case.

1. Shell (gas to get to and from our last vacation as a family of 2!)
2. airmilesshops (like I needed a reason to buy more cute baby gear!)
3. Staples (okay, this was a work purchase. But it's work I'm trying to expedite before baby is born!)
4. The Bay (auto-converting points. I don't really shop at The Bay very often, so this one is really just filler)
5. AmEx (to pay for all the baby-related purchases)

And just like that, I'm done MegaMiles 2018. I'll probably do a Safeway or Rexall coupon too, both as insurance and because I shop at those stores regularly anyways. (Future) babies sure do come with a ton of air miles! :rotfl:

Things much be reaching a fevered pitch in your household about now, how's the pregnancy progressing? You're right on track to get your MM done and to continue making more because ... diapers!!

ETA i was updating the online shopping info and noticed that Thyme Maternity has a 5X multiplier currently thru the portal

Last edited:
I should have come here first! I used 2 LCBO coupons today thinking they would count as 2 but apparently not since they are the SAME sponsor. :( Oh well, I still got bonus AM and wine. ;)

Just spoke with the CSR at Sobeys corporate and she confirmed that the GC you will purchase at Sobeys Urban Fresh is the exact same GC you can purchase at Sobeys. It is good at Urban Fresh, Sobeys, Foodland and FreshCo. to name just a few.

Can anyone tell me if the Sobey's Gift card actually says on the BACK of it where all it can be redeemed? I'd like to buy one specifically to use at our local Freshco but don't want to go through all the trouble (driving 40kms to Sobey's) if they won't accept it at Freshco (I'm not good with confrontation) :(

Last edited:
Stopped at Shell on my way home from work today (because the price was $1.11)...used my Mega Miles coupon...and as I was walking back to my van...slapped my head because I paid with cash instead of using my AMEX.

I saw a post where someone went to Walmart and used the self checkout and paid for each item separately on her AMEX to get to her 20 transactions...I have 6, need 12 more....if the deadline gets closer and I do not have 20, I will visit Walmart...

Can anyone tell me if the Sobey's Gift card actually says on the BACK of it where all it can be redeemed? I'd like to buy one specifically to use at our local Freshco but don't want to go through all the trouble (driving 40kms to Sobey's) if they won't accept it at Freshco (I'm not good with confrontation) :(

Sobeys Gift Cards make giving the perfect gift simple and effortless. They make ideal gifts for friends and family who love to entertain, or just love discovering good food and good food ideas. Sobeys Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 denominations. Or you can custom load a card with any dollar value from $5 to $250. Gift Cards are redeemable at all Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods and Price Chopper locations across Canada. (Please note, these gift cards are not accepted at Marketplace IGA locations in B.C.) Edit to add Sobeys Urban Fresh also falls under the Sobeys umbrella.

If you don't like confrontation just go to the website and print off what I've quoted above. If anyone challenges you suggest they try the card and see if it works. If they continue to challenge you pull out your printout and ask to speak with a supervisor.

When I first started using the Sobeys card at FreshCo I had to educated a few of the cashiers. Once they know it works the questions will stop.

Sobeys Gift Cards make giving the perfect gift simple and effortless. They make ideal gifts for friends and family who love to entertain, or just love discovering good food and good food ideas. Sobeys Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 denominations. Or you can custom load a card with any dollar value from $5 to $250. Gift Cards are redeemable at all Sobeys, IGA, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods and Price Chopper locations across Canada. (Please note, these gift cards are not accepted at Marketplace IGA locations in B.C.) Edit to add Sobeys Urban Fresh also falls under the Sobeys umbrella.

If you don't like confrontation just go to the website and print off what I've quoted above. If anyone challenges you suggest they try the card and see if it works. If they continue to challenge you pull out your printout and ask to speak with a supervisor.

When I first started using the Sobeys card at FreshCo I had to educated a few of the cashiers. Once they know it works the questions will stop.

I will also add that Sobey's GC are notorious for not scanning properly. That is sometimes why cashiers will say that the card doesn't work at FC, but they do. They just need to key in the card number.

I never had any issue at my Freshco with the cards. Luckily my store knew they could take them (I hate having to try and convince them too.)
Good news!! I did a search for Sobey’s pharmacies to see how far the one in Ancaster was from our tournament next weekend, and found there is one not far from Dh’s work (he works a half hour away). I had no idea it was there. So now we are scrapping the Sobey’s gift card altogether, and we won’t need to go to Foodland for the other two cards. I find Sobey’s overpriced, but I find Foodland absolutely ridiculous. Spending $10 at the Sobey’s pharmacy is a way better plan for us!

Ugh! So dumb of me... I just did a sobeys shop and put it on the wrong airmiles card! I used my husband’s card but was suppoaed to use mine. Is there any way for them (sobeys or airmiles) to fix my error? :(

Ugh! So dumb of me... I just did a sobeys shop and put it on the wrong airmiles card! I used my husband’s card but was suppoaed to use mine. Is there any way for them (sobeys or airmiles) to fix my error? :(
Don't think so unless you want to go and return the entire sale and do it using the correct card.

Hey everyone - just wondering in particular if anyone in the Ottawa area is having this same issue

I have 2 Sobeys nearby - Stittsville and Kanata. Neither seem to be participating in Mega Miles. The Stittsville one has the pharmacy and they would not accept the coupon I printed out for the $10 buy (I rehashed this in an earlier post). Last Friday I asked the customer service/checkout that was open if they had the books and they literally had no idea what I was talking about. Slow to start I accepted. Well I went back there tonight because I'm sick and wanted cough syrup - figured I would use the pharm coupon.....no go - won't accept printout. They literally don't know what it is and suggested I'm likely confusing it with a promotion at the Superstore! I asked them about the gift card promo this weekend...same thing literally no idea what I was talking about. Funny thing is that the flyer this week had a big banner for mega miles.

Are other Sobeys in Ottawa participating? Sobeys does have corp vs franchise stores (I actually used to work for Sobeys head office so I know a thing about their operations) so I'm wondering if perhaps franchise stores are not participating?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!