AirMiles Rewards Universal Park-to-Park ticket questions

FiveofusNL

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I have never redeemed my airmiles for park tickets before so would appreciate help from those of you who have. I was thinking about redeeming them for the "Universal Studios 2-park 1-day park-to-park" tickets. The 2350 points required seemed high compared to redeeming them for airline flights as I normally do. Is 2350 a reasonable price for these? As I would need 5 tickets, it would wipe out a lot of miles, so I'd rather make sure it is worth it. As well, would we receive actual tickets in the mail or a voucher which requires we line up at the park to receive our tickets? Thanks!

Two day park to park tickets are $265US on the Universal website. Without doing any fancy math 2350 are likely a Canadian discounted ticket so they are good value.

When I redeemed last fall for AM tickets to Universal they were actual tickets.

Two day park to park tickets are $265US on the Universal website. Without doing any fancy math 2350 are likely a Canadian discounted ticket so they are good value.

When I redeemed last fall for AM tickets to Universal they were actual tickets.
Hi ottawamom. Thanks for your info. The airmiles reward I am looking at is actually the two parks in one day ticket rather than the two day tickets so not as great of a deal I guess. I am really pleased to hear you received actual tickets. It helps a lot knowing that. I prefer to have an actual ticket in my hand then line up at the ticket purchase and customer service counters...especially in the July 4th week crowds.

I use cash miles as a benchmark. Cash miles are (usually) worth $10/95 = 10.5 cents/mile.

An adult single day, two park "anytime" ticket is 179*1.065 = $190.65 with tax. $190.65/2350 = 8.11 US cents/mile. Assuming an exchange rate of about 1.3, that's about 10.5 cents/mile, so the same as cash miles. Not terrible, but not great either.

Also, you might not need an anytime ticket. You'll have to go to Universal's website and look at their calendar to find out. Won't change the math much though; "value" tickets are only $9 cheaper.

I use cash miles as a benchmark. Cash miles are (usually) worth $10/95 = 10.5 cents/mile.
Thanks mab2012. I am embarrassed to say that I have never thought of doing this before. I appreciate you talking me through the math, especially on a Saturday morning! As you said, it's not terrible but not great either... since I have the miles and don't plan on using them on anything else right now, I am just going to do it. Saves me paying for 5 tickets out of pocket.:confused3

Hi Everyone. A quick follow up to let you know that AirMiles still sends actual tickets instead of vouchers when you redeem miles. The whole process was very quick as well. I ordered them on Saturday, they sent the shipping confirmation on Monday and I received them through FedEx this afternoon (Tuesday).

Adding my experience that I received vouchers and not actual tickets. However, this is for Universal Hollywood, it sounds like Florida is different.

Edited to add:

I got our final 2 universal Airmiles Universal Hollywood vouchers today. While they are just a paper print out, I read more closely and they are tickets. They say that you can just take them to the entrance for admission. They expire in January of 2019 - same as the other 2 we got, so it doesn't look like the dates have changed since we ordered the first two in February.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter