Still need to do:
7)LCBO
8)might do missfresh for when we get back home on January 1st

My Dad’s card

1)LCBO - posted
2)airmilesshop - waiting
3)Samsung pay - waiting
Planning on doing:
4)shell (should be easy, I just need to tell him to go in to use the coupon)
5)liquor store

I think I’m only going to get to 5 for him since I can’t really think of 2 more partners that would be easy without $$ for him

I’m finally done:
1) Shell - posted
2) Samsung pay - posted
3)Rexall - posted
4) MasterCard 25 transactions -done
5) Thrifty foods - just did this weekend
6) Safeway - just did today
7) Airmiles shops - waiting. Did 2 separate shops and neither have posted anything. A little worried about this one.

I did Rexall and Thrifty Foods today which brings my total up to 5.
Shell- posted
Air miles shops - not posted
Miss Fresh - not posted
Rexall - not posted but should be tomorrow
Thrifty Foods - not posted but I had a bit of pixie dust. I knew I was not going to spend $150 to qualify for the 200am so I was ok with spending $65 and getting 75am. The coupon scanned but no am were credited so I went to the service desk and the woman scanned they coupon and manually added the am...and she added 200 instead of the lower reward! The coupon is on the receipt so it should count but if not, I’ll spend $65 there again soon.

But sadly, 5 seems to be the most I am going to get this time!

When I did Thrifty’s I noticed the bonus miles weren’t on my receipt and immediately went to customer service where they told me the bonus miles will show in a few weeks. She checked that the promo code was on the receipt and said I’ll get them as long as the promo code was there. So you should get the 75 AM as well!

If anyone needs a STB done on their card I can do one or two for you. Let me know!

I can definitely complete either Shell offer, LCBO or Rexall. Maybe a Foodland one but I need to see next week's flyer first.

It's better to tell me here that you are sending me a PM as I often don't notice new PM notifications for a good week or more. (wry grin)

EDITED TO ADD: Metro catering can be done as well.

Last edited:
If anyone needs a STB done on their card I can do one or two for you. Let me know!

I can definitely complete either Shell offer, LCBO or Rexall. Maybe a Foodland one but I need to see next week's flyer first.

It's better to tell me here that you are sending me a PM as I often don't notice new PM notifications for a good week or more. (wry grin)

EDITED TO ADD: Metro catering can be done as well.

Sending you a PM now! We don't have LCBO, Foodland, Metro or Sobeys on Vancouver Island!

When I did Thrifty’s I noticed the bonus miles weren’t on my receipt and immediately went to customer service where they told me the bonus miles will show in a few weeks. She checked that the promo code was on the receipt and said I’ll get them as long as the promo code was there. So you should get the 75 AM as well!

Whoops! Now I feel a bit guilty about getting the extra miles.

Hi everyone - I wanted to buy a coffee maker which they have on sale at LinenChest and BedBath Beyond. If I go through airmiles Shop to get the STB, do you know if any of these stores have shop online pick up in store? I just can't seem to find this answer and am running around - would love to know from the pros!

Hi everyone - I wanted to buy a coffee maker which they have on sale at LinenChest and BedBath Beyond. If I go through airmiles Shop to get the STB, do you know if any of these stores have shop online pick up in store? I just can't seem to find this answer and am running around - would love to know from the pros!

i’m pretty sure it’s an option through bed bath and beyond. although is ship to store different than pick up in store? i think they might offer ship to store.

Bed Bath & Beyond has that option HOWEVER .. you pay when you get there so it won't count! Linen Chest DOES have that and so long as the store you select has it in stock you'll get the email that you can pick it up within about 2-4 hours.

Today's a good day to do this BTW because of THIS that i just found:
ETA .. yes, that is my funky font from my phone :P
47686804_1083056848541606_4296997234983043072_n.jpg

Bed Bath & Beyond has that option HOWEVER .. you pay when you get there so it won't count! Linen Chest DOES have that and so long as the store you select has it in stock you'll get the email that you can pick it up within about 2-4 hours.

Today's a good day to do this BTW because of THIS that i just found:
ETA .. yes, that is my funky font from my phone :P
47686804_1083056848541606_4296997234983043072_n.jpg

good thing you know the deets! sorry i almost gave bad advice, TFC

@ottawamom I too can relate to the university issues. My DD didn't get her grant money on time because she was a half credit short (in their eyes) of being a full time student. Meanwhile her program chair told her that she had a heavy coarse load and might want to rethink it. NO ONE...not the school, not OSAP....told her that she wouldn't get her grant money unless she changed her schedule. So she was freaking out as the payment deadline approached, passed and then even the 'secret' deadline passed. She finally went to the registrars office and found out that she needed to make the coarse changes to get the money. At that point she owed an additional $100 in late fees. When you consider the amount of money that we pay to the university it would be really nice if they would assist people through this stuff. We have no idea how any of it works and to even call the registrar you are on hold for minimum of an hour before you get someone. Then, they don't really tell you a whole lot. Going to the office also requires at least a 60-90 minute wait but you are at least able to get it figured out.....that of course is if you can tolerate the rude condescending attitude that they subject you to.

That or the one I love is we can't talk to you because your son hasn't signed the note saying we can. I then try to speak with them about general procedures/policies not specific to my son. They are even leary about answering those questions. He's doing two electives now so he has his full-time status. He printed off the letter he will need to show his employer for his FSWEP (gov't job). I get to pay more tuition than I should but it's the price I pay to ensure he will have relevant experience and education to enter the job market. I'll be glad when this is all finished..

Spadina Urban Fresh is out of gift cards. Any suggestions other than running around Toronto trying to find another one?

I don't know how they can be so unprepared.

. I'll be glad when this is all finished..

Our daughter is mid-way thru her third post-secondary adventure! 3 year BA in Psych that took her 4 years because she took a modified course load -- approved disability that meant she still got OSAP (THANK GOD!). Followed that up with a 2 year diploma is Woodworking (because those 2 go together perfectly, right :P ) and now she's doing what amounts to a post graduate degree in Human Resources. She turns 30 in March and it's just as hard parenting an adult student who's married as it was when she was in grade 2 :crazy2: We've done more than our fair share of championing for her throughout the years -- and some of those hoops are BRUTAL!!!!!

Hope things work out for your son (and YOU as well momma)

I did Miss Fresh on my DD's account with the hope that it would get the 500 miles sign up bonus (had done it before on my account) and it did. The miles just posted.

Only problem is that I had changed her account from 100% cash miles to 100% dream miles last Tuesday and Miss Fresh posted to cash with a date of Nov 20th. She already had 3600 cash miles which is way more than I had intended so I thought that we would switch it over to dream in order to work on saving up for a Disney ticket or something like that. With the StB and Miss Fresh (I thought) that was going to be a good start towards a ticket.

Spadina Urban Fresh is out of gift cards. Any suggestions other than running around Toronto trying to find another one?

I don't know how they can be so unprepared.
They have NONE?!?! How on earth can that be, it's not like they weren't aware, I'm sure they had multiple emails/phone calls and meeting over this promo. I'm not sure if you can get a rain check or not since the StB *coupon* is only good till Wednesday. Perhaps you could try calling the other stores and asking before you make a trip and getting them to hold one for you if they do?

I did Miss Fresh on my DD's account with the hope that it would get the 500 miles sign up bonus (had done it before on my account) and it did. The miles just posted.

Only problem is that I had changed her account from 100% cash miles to 100% dream miles last Tuesday and Miss Fresh posted to cash with a date of Nov 20th. She already had 3600 cash miles which is way more than I had intended so I thought that we would switch it over to dream in order to work on saving up for a Disney ticket or something like that. With the StB and Miss Fresh (I thought) that was going to be a good start towards a ticket.
Well, phooey, that's annoying isn't it!?! I only ever collect enough cash miles for these promos and I use Rexall so that i don't end up with any miles sneaking into that !! Just be sure not to switch back to cash and the big bonus will post as dream(eventually)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter