Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Completed my MM!:
1) MasterCard 20 transactions
2) Safeway spend $60
3) Safeway $10 pharmacy
4) Staples spend $75
5) IGA sign up

Will also get 25L of gas at Shell later this week as a 6th. I’m a little leery the IGA may not work as I’m not in Quebec.
I would recommend doing shell as well. Not sure if your 2 Safeway will count. In Ontario you could not use 2 Sobeys. Says must be 5 different sponsors. Just to watch out for.

Completed my MM!:
1) MasterCard 20 transactions
2) Safeway spend $60
3) Safeway $10 pharmacy
4) Staples spend $75
5) IGA sign up

Will also get 25L of gas at Shell later this week as a 6th. I’m a little leery the IGA may not work as I’m not in Quebec.

The IGA coupon shows up in more than just the offer for Quebec, so hopefully we are fine (fingers crossed) but I would still do Shell too. The two Safeways should be fine as Air Miles Canada posted that they were two separate partners on their facebook page.

Last edited:
The IGA coupon shows up in more than just the offer for Quebec, so hopefully we are fine (fingers crossed) but I would still do Shell too. The two Safeways should be fine as Air Miles Canada posted that they were two separate partners on their facebook page.

Thanks, I also think the Safeway are fine because on the airmiles website when i chose those 2 coupons, they counted as 2 towards the 5 counter. But I’m definitely stopping at Shell to be safe.

Signed up for IGA and got this. It's just my 2nd insurance offer so if it doesn't work I already have 5 done and HBC as my 1st insurance offer. I like to go in for the overkill..

"Your AIR MILES Card has been successfully registered. You can now enjoy AIR MILES promotions (ex. Mega Miles promotion)."

Do I need to do anything else or just wait and see if the miles appear?

Signed up for IGA and got this. It's just my 2nd insurance offer so if it doesn't work I already have 5 done and HBC as my 1st insurance offer. I like to go in for the overkill..

"Your AIR MILES Card has been successfully registered. You can now enjoy AIR MILES promotions (ex. Mega Miles promotion)."

Do I need to do anything else or just wait and see if the miles appear?
This is great news -- i just checked both of my accounts and i see that message now as well -- when i first signed up this was the message that showed up in the same spot:
"We can't validate your AIR MILES account number. Please, note that you will still receive your miles."

Now we'll just all have to wait the 30 days after the promo ends to see the miles -- that will be May 12th

Now that the message on the IGA account page as change as mentioned above both of our cards are done!

Main Card

1. Mastercard 20 transactions -- up to 26 now
  2. AMEX 20 transactions -- up to 19 with several that will happen before the 12th
  3. Metro cash miles --our store is terrible posting miles, but they will eventually show up
  4. HBC spend $50 get 25 AM -- posted
  5. Rexall -- posted
  6. IGA -- not posted but message changed on account
New Card
  1. Urban Fresh gift card -- posted
  2. Rexall -- posted
  3. Metro cash miles -- still waiting
  4. IGA -- not posted but message changed
  5. Shell -- miles on receipt (almost failed on hubby's part, see weekly thread :P )
  6. 2 online transactions: Mark's posted but waiting on HBC (points converted to AM but the actual transaction hasn't??)
SO -- the main card I'm confident will make the full bonus miles. Have done 1 online transaction with Mark's after the 1st order on the new card, might end up with another but not pressing it.

New card -- if there are any noteworthy sales at Sobeys this weekend we might make the trip and I'll do the pharmacy one. Might think about another online transaction to guarantee I'll get those 50 miles.

Heeeeelpppp..

So heres the deal. my doofus big sister hasnt been keeping track of things well enough even though I TOLD HER SINCE DAY ONE TO BE AS THOROUGH AS POSSIBLE BUT SHE NEVER LISTENS TO ME.. (like ever. 27 years of her not listening to me)..

She ordered stuff on amazon through airmilesshops. Her total was going to be over 60 so she split up over 3 cards (hers. Her husband and our moms).

I told her to double check her cc statement in case she ordered items under $20 because amazon splits up the charges sometimes. Turns out one purchase got split into a $13 & $15 charge.

So i was like just let me know whose AM card you put it on so i can redo it since i was going to order her oldest a bday present off amazon anyway and i already completed airmilesshop on both mine and my husbands card.

She has no idea what she ordered under each card. She just figured knowing she did amazon on each card would be good enough. So now she has amazon on 2 out of 3 but she doesnt know who and she still needs to order from a second shop on each card to complete the MM offer.

Is there anyway to check or is she SOL and can i yell at her some more?

Heeeeelpppp..

So heres the deal. my doofus big sister hasnt been keeping track of things well enough even though I TOLD HER SINCE DAY ONE TO BE AS THOROUGH AS POSSIBLE BUT SHE NEVER LISTENS TO ME.. (like ever. 27 years of her not listening to me)..

She ordered stuff on amazon through airmilesshops. Her total was going to be over 60 so she split up over 3 cards (hers. Her husband and our moms).

I told her to double check her cc statement in case she ordered items under $20 because amazon splits up the charges sometimes. Turns out one purchase got split into a $13 & $15 charge.

So i was like just let me know whose AM card you put it on so i can redo it since i was going to order her oldest a bday present off amazon anyway and i already completed airmilesshop on both mine and my husbands card.

She has no idea what she ordered under each card. She just figured knowing she did amazon on each card would be good enough. So now she has amazon on 2 out of 3 but she doesnt know who and she still needs to order from a second shop on each card to complete the MM offer.

Is there anyway to check or is she SOL and can i yell at her some more?
OMG, yeah i have some family members that fall into that category -- "i don't need to listen to you because I know what I'm doing"

Regarding the Amazon orders .. the only way you can tell which card worked is if the miles have shown up on the account. They usually post the same day-ish that the order ships and there is no question where it's from. It will look like this order i made on January 4th (shipped the same day) during a 10 X multiplier offer. Total pre-tax order was $26.88
upload_2018-4-3_14-49-7.png

If there are miles posted on 2 of the accounts and none on the 3rd then it's easy to tell which one is missing. However, if there are no miles posted on any of the accounts yet then yuppers, SOL! I haven't done an Amazon order this time so i don't know if they are in the camp of "where the heck are my miles?!?!" or not. To keep things even clearer for myself i even have separate accounts with the online merchants that coincide with the different AM cards -- once the promo is over i will go back to my main accounts. (i'm just obsessive with my mile pursuits :P )

***an aside to family members not listening ... I've been going to Disney since 1971 and with hubby since 1985 so beyond familiar with everything the area has to offer. Hubby's sister called from Florida a few weeks ago to brag to him that she found this special new place that you can go to that is Disney but doesn't cost anything to get into or park .."They call it Disney Springs and it's brand new" uhm, ok then, how cute that she thinks a) it's new and b) that she discovered it!

My HBC conversion 10 AM posted today so I think all 5 have now posted. Plus I have the IGA one as a backup. And possibly the two airmilesshop though I'm not sure I actually went through the shop for one of my purchases lol. I think I did... Now fingers crossed the bonus posts in the end :)

***an aside to family members not listening ... I've been going to Disney since 1971 and with hubby since 1985 so beyond familiar with everything the area has to offer. Hubby's sister called from Florida a few weeks ago to brag to him that she found this special new place that you can go to that is Disney but doesn't cost anything to get into or park .."They call it Disney Springs and it's brand new" uhm, ok then, how cute that she thinks a) it's new and b) that she discovered it!

Couldn't resist googling it:

upload_2018-4-5_14-56-9.png

MY CARD
1. safeway
2. children's place
3. shell
4. rexall
5. airmilesshops
6. safeway pharmacy
7. hbc conversion
8. iga signup
9. surveys

HUBBY'S CARD
1. shell
2. safeway pharmacy
3. airmilesshop
4. staples
5. surveys
6. hbc conversion
7. iga signup

MOM'S CARD
1. shell (sister)
2. children's place (sister)
3. safeway pharmacy (me)
4. sobeys (me)
5. surveys
6. hbc conversion
7. iga signup

If we don't receive 1250 on all 3 cards, there will be hell to pay.

I think I got my 5:

Shell 62.002L $70 (Get 10 Air Miles Bonus Miles when you pay in-store. Min 25L fuel purchase required.)

Sobeys $148.88 (Spend $60, get 5X Base Miles.)

Rexall $56.18 before tax (Spend $40 or more on almost everything in-store, get 40 Bonus Miles.)

Airmilesshops $90 on 2 +$20 purchases at Sephora and Amazon. (Get 50 Bonus Miles when you make a min $20 purchase at two or more online stores.)

Sobeys Pharmacy $11.99 before tax (Get 20 Air Miles Bonus miles when you spend $10 on any pharmacy nonprescription medication or treatment product.)

Debating about doing a 6th just to be safe. It shouldn't be stressful to collect Air Miles but yet I have a drawer full of receipts and a spreadsheet for this promo.

So here is where I stand for three cards..

Airmilesshops (Indigo and Amazon.. done)
L.C.B.O - (wine.. done)
Convert HBC points (done)
Shell (done)
$10 spend Sobey’s pharmacy (done)

DH’s card
L.C.B.O (wine...done)
Shell (done)
IGA sign up (done)
$10 spend Sobey’s pharmacy (to be done this week)
Rewardyouropinion (signed up but need to do one survey)

DD’s card
L.C.B.O. (Wine.. done)
Shell (done)
IGA sign up (done)
$10 spend Sobey’s pharmacy (done)
Rewardyouropinion (done).

6 offers completed on my card and dd’s card. Dh still needs to spend $10 at Sobey’s pharmacy and needs to complete one survey to complete his offers. I’m pleased with how this one turned out. I try pretty hard to spend the minimum amount while still getting things we need or use. Other than the wine, these were all purchases I would have made without any miles at all. The wine was a nice bonus and it will be used.
I’m thinking for next years big promos I will have dd21’s boyfriend sign up for a card and I will complete the offers for him as well. He will travel with us next time we cruise or go to Disney (he came with us last summer) and we might as well get his park ticket or plane ticket with airmiles too!

Update .. I am DONE. 6 offers on 3 cards. I spent the minimum amount I could while getting things I needed and I am happy. Now I’ll cross my fingers that everything posts as it should :)

I think I got my 5:

Shell 62.002L $70 (Get 10 Air Miles Bonus Miles when you pay in-store. Min 25L fuel purchase required.)

Sobeys $148.88 (Spend $60, get 5X Base Miles.)

Rexall $56.18 before tax (Spend $40 or more on almost everything in-store, get 40 Bonus Miles.)

Airmilesshops $90 on 2 +$20 purchases at Sephora and Amazon. (Get 50 Bonus Miles when you make a min $20 purchase at two or more online stores.)

Sobeys Pharmacy $11.99 before tax (Get 20 Air Miles Bonus miles when you spend $10 on any pharmacy nonprescription medication or treatment product.)

Debating about doing a 6th just to be safe. It shouldn't be stressful to collect Air Miles but yet I have a drawer full of receipts and a spreadsheet for this promo.
Have you taken advantage of all of the "free" offers? If not, why don't you do just one of those as your "insurance policy"? Info is in post #5

It's the last weekend to take advantage of the MM promo so for those of us who do the bulk of our shopping on the weekends, time to strap on your hunting gear and hit the stores! There will be one more flyer for the grocery stores since they start on the 12th but this is the last day for the Rexall coupon so if you've been waiting for that *perfect offer* at that store, get to it! Also worth remembering that the Rexall coupon is good for as many times as you want to use it even if it only counts as one offer towards the final bonus.

For those of us who took advantage of the gift card offer at Sobeys & Urban Fresh with the sole purpose of using them during big mile bonus sales .. hope your freezers are empty, frozen-frenzy is on at Sobeys this weekend :rolleyes1

For those who have access to the IGA threshold spend coupon that expires tomorrow, April the 7th.

Congrats to everyone who has already finished! :thumbsup2

I’m struggling for two more, although I can probably do the one for the Bay/Home Outfitters. I’m in BC where the offers aren’t great :/

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could kindly help out with one more? I’d be happy to repay the favour with either a Thrifty Foods, Thrifty Foods Pharmacy, or Shell offer! I frequent those places anyways so it would be easy to do any of them. Thanks :)

ETA: I have done the IGA signup one but wasn’t hoping to have that as the extra insurance one!

I completed my own MM a while ago but finished my DD's yesterday with Rexall. For the first time EVER, I got my total to exactly $40 pre tax. I actually asked the cashier if it was right. One tiny blip though, I bought some vitamins that were BOGO 50% and when I got home one of the bottles is the wrong bottle. Not a huge deal it scanned in at $4.24 which was actually why I got exactly $40 because it should have been $2 higher. It's not worth the drive to go back to the store to exchange the bottle....the store is about a 15-20 min drive, so not far but there is not another single reason for me to go to that area other than the Rexall.

I'm going to do the IGA sign up as number 6 for DD. I've done 8 on my own card....might do the Sobeys pharmacy on mine as well. I need Tylenol and they have bonus miles on the large bottle when you buy two. It's a couple of dollars more than I normally pay but the bonus plus the MM coupon makes it worth while.

If you want to PM me a copy of your AM card, I can buy a bottle of wine at the LCBO?

I’m struggling for two more, although I can probably do the one for the Bay/Home Outfitters. I’m in BC where the offers aren’t great :/

I would be eternally grateful if anyone could kindly help out with one more? I’d be happy to repay the favour with either a Thrifty Foods, Thrifty Foods Pharmacy, or Shell offer! I frequent those places anyways so it would be easy to do any of them. Thanks :)

ETA: I have done the IGA signup one but wasn’t hoping to have that as the extra insurance one!

If you'd like to PM me your card number I can do the Shell one for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!