Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Last year's megamiles posted on July 21. I wouldn't count on getting them before mid-July.

July? Even though the promotion ends in April?

This completely ruins my planning-I will have enough points for 3 universal passes but we are going in July! :(

July? Even though the promotion ends in April?

This completely ruins my planning-I will have enough points for 3 universal passes but we are going in July! :(
Last year’s Mega Miles took place in the month of May I think. Jacqueline hopefully can confirm this. She always keeps records of AM events. I believe miles were posted around third week of July.

Historically, do the 1250 bonus miles ever appear in the accounts before the end date of the promotion? I’ve done two x 5 (my card, my husbands) and my mom has offered to do 5 for me. I’m just curious when these extra points could possibly show up!
Any miles that are on the specific coupons *should* post fairly soon but the big bonus won't post until MUCH later -- they need to give all of the sponsors enough time to submit the information they've collected.
From the FAQs:
Q: When will the Miles be added to my Collector Account?
A: The Bonus Miles you get from each Partner offer, as well as the Bonus Miles you get from using offers at 3 or 5 different Partners, will be deposited into your Collector Account within 120 days after the promotion ends.

Partners Miles and Miles you receive for using 3 or 5 offers may be deposited in your Collector Account at different times.

As other posters mentioned above it could take a very long time to see them show up in your account, mine didn't post until August 17th after MANY online chats & eventually a phone call. A common thread for those of us who have to chase down miles is the online shopping thru the airmiles portal and doubly problematic if you have a Staples purchase (notoriously bad for the bonus miles posting).

Last year’s Mega Miles took place in the month of May I think. Jacqueline hopefully can confirm this. She always keeps records of AM events. I believe miles were posted around third week of July.
YUP, i was scanning thru last year's thread and my account to see what happened and the first reported sighting of the miles was July 13th. I keep everything, even pulled out my extra copy of the coupon booklet to have a look :P

Last year the promotion was until May 31st. Started posting the bonus July 13, so we could get lucky around Mother's Day. Fingers crossed!

I’ll cross my fingers, and I’ll do one more coupon to help my case as one of the ones I did was the online shop.

Thanks everybody! Fingers crossed, and toes crossed too :)

I've found that Staples is pretty erratic at posting miles --- sometimes the next day, other times not until i chase them down. If this was me I'd be either going back to the store and asking if they could please do a refund and then let me repurchase it using the correct coupon OR i would phone Airmiles and ask them if they can help out. I have no idea what coupon you would have used in store but i do know that the code you *should* be able to see on your receipt is 9004 and since this is for a LOT of miles you should have received 1000/40 * 10 = 250 miles plus it is one coupon towards the 1250 total you shouldn't wait to chase them down.

I know a couple of people shopped on Thursday, let's see if they can help by telling you what is on their receipts ...@Disney Addicted @ottawamom

I'm sorry! I don't get on here every day. I just read the above post now. On my Staples receipt it says "Staples Coupon No.: 90040"

BTW, the booklet mentions the Staples coupon BUT you have to print it out online. It has to be the 10x one, not just 10 air miles.

As above, I would definately take the receipt and proper coupon back to Staples and ask them to refund and repurchase.

The terms on the coupon don't explicitly say it needs to be one card (there have been times when it does say exactly what you need to use) but this is the type of miles that will show on the receipt so don't leave until you get the miles. If you're lucky you should be able to find a cashier who will let you try the 3 $50 cards and see if it works. Me? I'd be buying the $150 to make sure i've used the coupon correctly though.

Don't let the Cashier try to tell you the miles will show up later if they are not on your receipt. That is so NOT true. (Except for Staples). If the AM are not on the receipt, you won't receive them. Sometimes I have to argue (Foodland in Courtice) with the Cashier to manually give me the air miles. Drives me crazy!!!!!

I’ll cross my fingers, and I’ll do one more coupon to help my case as one of the ones I did was the online shop.

Thanks everybody! Fingers crossed, and toes crossed too :)
It is safer to get the 6th coupon done. Last year many have problems with the airmilesshop purchases.

I don’t want to have to do an extra coupon because I don’t want to have to spend anymore money. I really hope my airmilesshops coupons work without issue. I’ve already done my shop at Amazon and Indigo.

So far I have that one completed on my card, and an L.C.B.O offer. I will be getting a $150 gift card at Sobey’s for anther coupon, and then using it to spend $60 at Foodland for another coupon. Finally I’ll be filling up at Shell for the final offer. That will finish the offers on my card.

Last edited:
Don't let the Cashier try to tell you the miles will show up later if they are not on your receipt. That is so NOT true. (Except for Staples). If the AM are not on the receipt, you won't receive them. Sometimes I have to argue (Foodland in Courtice) with the Cashier to manually give me the air miles. Drives me crazy!!!!!

Is Staples the only exception to this? There are no miles on my liquor store bill...I’m in Manitoba.

I solved my crisis re: the miles not arriving in time. My parents said they’d order the universal passes for me and then I’ll just let them use my miles in exchange for using theirs-even though they said “just use them.” By the way, they have 18 000 miles and didn’t know they had any :earseek:

Last edited:
I don’t want to have to do an extra coupon because I don’t want to have to spend anymore money. I really hope my airmilesshops coupons work without issue. I’ve already done my shop at Amazon and Indigo.

So far I have that one completed on my card, and an L.C.B.O offer. I will be getting a $150 gift card at Sobey’s for anther coupon, and then using it to spend $60 at Foodland for another coupon. Finally I’ll be filling up at Shell for the final offer. That will finish the offers on my card.
I'm paddling the same boat as you! We can't spend any extra $$$ Both of the online shops you used are usually extremely good with posting, I've found as soon as i get the e-mail notification of shipping that the miles from Amazon post.Indigo is usually within days of ordering. I've registered both MC and AMEX thru the main account and will be doing the Metro cash miles, Rexall and the Sobey's $10.00 pharmacy. The new card i opened for StB .. buying a $75 card at Urban Fresh (can't afford the 150!!), Sobeys pharmacy $10, Metro Cash, Rexall and one fill-up at Shell.

There is one freebie offer that i've used for both cards though that you might as well try as well. After you sign up you can go back into your account and add your Airmiles card # I didn't even fill out the address field, it wasn't flagged as required. This offer will be my *insurance policy* for both accounts.

upload_2018-3-11_23-6-22.png

What about the one for signing up at a new IGA account in Quebec? There doesn't seem to be a purchase involved there. Can people in the rest of the country sign up? I wonder if it is cross referenced with other Sobey accounts?

Sorry, this question slipped past me! I signed up both of our cards for this as i mentioned in the post above, there is no indication anywhere that you need to live in Quebec, in fact the address field isn't even flagged as required. It isn't associated with the Sobeys accounts i have for both cards either, totally separate. Fingers crossed it works because it's my insurance coupon on both accounts :P

Just to double check. When purchasing more than one Sobeys gift card, should I ring as separate transactions? I can only use the coupon 4 times maximum, right? I may have to switch to Price Choppers for grocery shopping if I get more gift cards. There is one near where my mom lives. I am on the last one from the previous Foodland bonus offer. It’s not easy to use them up when they can’t be used to buy other gift cards.

I'm paddling the same boat as you! We can't spend any extra $$$ Both of the online shops you used are usually extremely good with posting, I've found as soon as i get the e-mail notification of shipping that the miles from Amazon post.Indigo is usually within days of ordering. I've registered both MC and AMEX thru the main account and will be doing the Metro cash miles, Rexall and the Sobey's $10.00 pharmacy. The new card i opened for StB .. buying a $75 card at Urban Fresh (can't afford the 150!!), Sobeys pharmacy $10, Metro Cash, Rexall and one fill-up at Shell.

There is one freebie offer that i've used for both cards though that you might as well try as well. After you sign up you can go back into your account and add your Airmiles card # I didn't even fill out the address field, it wasn't flagged as required. This offer will be my *insurance policy* for both accounts.

View attachment 308420
Thank you! I will do this offer on all three cards (Mine, Dh’s, DD’s) as insurance as well. I appreciate the help and all you do to keep this and the other thread running. Thank you:hug:.

Is Staples the only exception to this? There are no miles on my liquor store bill...I’m in Manitoba.

I solved my crisis re: the miles not arriving in time. My parents said they’d order the universal passes for me and then I’ll just let them use my miles in exchange for using theirs-even though they said “just use them.” By the way, they have 18 000 miles and didn’t know they had any :earseek:

Not all merchants show the AM on the receipt and sometimes they show the base but not the bonus AM. For example yesterday we went to Nickels (a restaurant that offers AM and has a coupon for MM in QC) and my AM card # is on my receipt but no AM.

I wished our liquor store (SAQ) was offering AM!!

The offer that gives you 10 bonus miles for signing up to convert your HBC rewards card to airmiles.. is there anything else that I have to do?? It took me to the enrollment form and I filled it out with my AM # . do I need to purchase anything. It just felt so easy and I didn't have to spend anything so it makes me feel a bit uneasy lol..

The offer that gives you 10 bonus miles for signing up to convert your HBC rewards card to airmiles.. is there anything else that I have to do?? It took me to the enrollment form and I filled it out with my AM # . do I need to purchase anything. It just felt so easy and I didn't have to spend anything so it makes me feel a bit uneasy lol..

No purchase necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter