Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I have Business Expressed booked for next Wednesday..I'm a bit nervous as most of the reviews online are quite negative...thinking of switching to something else...

We are also using ExecuCar Business Express on the 5th! 😁 I've seen the bad reviews and I take online reviews with a grain of salt. We've used their sister company SuperShuttle for years without a single issue, but going by their reviews, either we ought to be dead by now or still recovering from grossly horrific experiences. 😆

Those who have unremarkable experiences never leave reviews.

A heads up for anyone using the Disneyland Resort express from LAX!
They changed the pick up location (it says on the ticket: „green colored flyaway sign“
But now the pick up spot is now underneath the orange sign labeled : shared rides (still center section)
I walked about 1,5 Terminals far looking for the green sign (like last year) till a helpful airport employee told me the right pick up location...
I didn’t found that info on the DRE homepage but after some googling I found it in the Disneyland website...

We are also using ExecuCar Business Express on the 5th! 😁 I've seen the bad reviews and I take online reviews with a grain of salt. We've used their sister company SuperShuttle for years without a single issue, but going by their reviews, either we ought to be dead by now or still recovering from grossly horrific experiences. 😆

Those who have unremarkable experiences never leave reviews.
have you confirmed if it’s curb side pickup?

A heads up for anyone using the Disneyland Resort express from LAX!
They changed the pick up location (it says on the ticket: „green colored flyaway sign“
But now the pick up spot is now underneath the orange sign labeled : shared rides (still center section)
I walked about 1,5 Terminals far looking for the green sign (like last year) till a helpful airport employee told me the right pick up location...
I didn’t found that info on the DRE homepage but after some googling I found it in the Disneyland website...
Very helpful information! Thank you for posting this. Glad that someone was able to help you at LAX. You might want to send a comment to DRE asking them to update their website. Hope you are having a good time in the parks. Happy Thanksgiving!

have you confirmed if it’s curb side pickup?

Yes, your reservation should be completed with flight information so the driver can identify which is your arrival terminal. Then you text the driver when you have checked baggage in hand and are proceeding to the designated passenger pick up location. Once there, provide the pillar number you are at to pinpoint your location.

Yes, your reservation should be completed with flight information so the driver can identify which is your arrival terminal. Then you text the driver when you have checked baggage in hand and are proceeding to the designated passenger pick up location. Once there, provide the pillar number you are at to pinpoint your location.

Oh this is good information as I have a US SIM card I put in my phone- sometimes it takes me a few min to get it going so I will make sure I start getting it going right away

great news!!! i will book them for our trip! :-)

Has anyone gone through LAX recently? I’m wondering how the LAX-it is going? We fly in on Thurs and as we arrive at 6am we normally catch a taxi. However, I’m nervous to do that with the new changes and am wondering if Lanskys is worth it.

I’d be grateful to hear people’s experiences with the new taxi lot. Does it add much time?

Does anyone know if SuperShuttle is still not allowed at LAX? We booked with them weeks ago and our trip is next week and I’m nervous that they won’t show up

Does anyone know if SuperShuttle is still not allowed at LAX? We booked with them weeks ago and our trip is next week and I’m nervous that they won’t show up
I saw quite a few super shuttles last Wednesday at LAX so I guess they are allowed back in. But if you are unsure I would contact them...

Has anyone gone through LAX recently? I’m wondering how the LAX-it is going? We fly in on Thurs and as we arrive at 6am we normally catch a taxi. However, I’m nervous to do that with the new changes and am wondering if Lanskys is worth it.

I’d be grateful to hear people’s experiences with the new taxi lot. Does it add much time?

I haven't used it, but my Uber driver the other day as I was getting dropped off at LAX said it has gotten much better.

Yes, they are back. There was only one local news site that bothered to follow up their online stories with this clarification.

Hello. We're planning to visit Disneyland and the LA area during Spring Break of next year. We're going to arrive in LA either on 3/13 or 3/14 (Friday or Saturday) and fly back to St. Louis on Saturday 3/21 (or possibly 3/20). We're going to spend the first half of the trip at Disneyland, and I've found a good Disney Visa discount to stay on site for that portion. So we're set in terms of the hotel. Where I'm struggling is with the airfare. I had tentatively planned for around $400 per person for airfare, and the numbers I'm seeing are over $600 (if not higher). That seems high even for Spring Break. I'm not expecting a bargain, but this seems over the top.

I've set up Google Flights alerts and other tracking through multiple sites, and nothing so far. Do you have any good suggestions for getting cheaper airfares? I don't even mind if we get above $400, but I just want to get the best deal I can. I don't mind flying into John Wayne or Long Beach, but those have been even higher than LAX.

I'd love to get your thoughts. We often go to Orlando, but I don't have as much experience with flying to California.

I just took a look on Southwest Airlines, since their flights don't show up on Google Flights. You're right--prices are really high right now, even with the sale Southwest has going for Cyber Monday today. I did find a couple of options on Southwest leaving on 3/14 and returning on 3/20 that are under $400. Those were flights into LAX.

Thanks. I noticed those too. We're traveling with my wife and two girls (10 and 6), so I'm hoping to avoid flying so late at night if possible or super early in the morning. That's where those are right now. I'm going to keep monitoring this week for now, but it's ugly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter