Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

We just switched to Karmel Shuttle for my sister going form LAX to DLH in January. I called the Disneyland Resort Express operated by Coach and they are shutting down the express on January 6th! We are running out of LAX options as ride share is a nightmare too. I'm glad we use LGB or SNA for our trips. My sister is returning to BWI after the visit so LAX was the best option...ugh...
Mike

We just switched to Karmel Shuttle for my sister going form LAX to DLH in January. I called the Disneyland Resort Express operated by Coach and they are shutting down the express on January 6th! We are running out of LAX options as ride share is a nightmare too. I'm glad we use LGB or SNA for our trips. My sister is returning to BWI after the visit so LAX was the best option...ugh...
Mike
Oh, no...that’s for real?
So that limits the choices from LAX to DL quite a lot.

I guess either a very expensive shuttle or Uber/Lyft... my parents won’t like either of them... They weren’t even comfortable with the idea of using the Execucar privat shuttle option...

I guess I have to do some research on Uber/Lyft and their safety precautions... I don’t know though if it’s enough to convince them and me actually...

Right now I have no idea how to get from LAX to DL without breaking the bank (SNA isn’t a real option either)...

Mike

yikes

:scared1:

As I fly direct from Europe, I have to use LAX. I really hope Karmel dont go down too, as I am really not comfortable using Uber / lyft and I don't drive.

Hi! I tried to book a round trip on the Disneyland Resort Express and I received a message saying this: "You are being contacted because our system indicates that you have purchased transfers for the Disneyland Resort Express to travel in 2020. We regret to inform you that the Disneyland Resort Express will be ceasing operations as of 1/6/2020."

Do you know a good alternative to the Disneyland Resort Express? I'm travelling from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel.

Cheers,

Santiago

I don't know how far lax is from DL. We flew into Long Beach. Used Uber. It was about $ 38.00. We use Uber all the time. We found the drivers to be more casual in Anaheim than in other states, just not as professional but not bad or anything. They completed the job satisfactorily. It's nice you can see how far away they are and track their progress. We've never had to wait long for our rides.

As I fly direct from Europe, I have to use LAX. I really hope Karmel dont go down too, as I am really not comfortable using Uber / lyft and I don't drive.

Fingers crossed for me too with Karmel! This really stinks.

There’s always Lanskys if you have to resort to that- expensive but I did like the grocery stop they made for us on the way to the hotel.

Looks like PrimeTime Shuttle is still an option.... $48 for 2 people in a shared van LAX to DLR. They have other options... "express", "private", "executive", etc. decent prices.

Prime Time Shuttle has much worse reviews on Trip Advisor than Karmel Shuttle does. I haven't used either--just wanted to make sure you saw the reviews.

459050Heads up to anyone who uses them. It’s important to remember they are not owned by Disney, but rather they have permission to use the Disney name.

The one time we used them we had very crappy service so we switched to Lanksy. I know some people liked them because you didn’t need a car seat. Lanksy will provide car seats. They aren’t cheap tho. Lanskys runs is $180 round trip to SNA. They do meet you at baggage claim
And willl stop at a grocery store.
I think most agree that if car seats aren’t an issue Uber/Lyft works fine.

this is great news if its true since they almost injured my mom on their non functional wheel chair lifts, I did pull up there website and it says nothing of this how can we verify

this is great news if its true since they almost injured my mom on their non functional wheel chair lifts, I did pull up there website and it says nothing of this how can we verify
I got my info from the disneyland with kids admin which is usually very reliable and this email came from them. It’s weird nothing is on their website.

After I heard the news I went to their site and tried to book a ride (not to actually book, just to see if it was true), and they had no January dates available.

Historically, they are untimely in their website updates. (But totally willing to charge "new" prices without notice!)

They are actually Coach USA which is discontinuing bus service between airports and a number of locations in different states and going to charter only. The information above is correct that the DRE is not running after January 7, 2020. Disney is looking into alternatives but we were told it could be Spring before they have a replacement in place. Bummer for those with little ones who do not want to bring car seats.

what are some alternatives to super shuttle i was going to use them in march because they have wheelchair accesible vans. Im sure someone has to feel that void from sna.

I saw a post on facebook, that the disneyland resort express will be going out of business along with supershuttle

One problem with Grayline. The experience involving where the bus first stops from LAX has been very different, even within days of experiences. With me on Oct 9, they stopped at DLH first, did the money/ticket taking, then stopped next at GCH. Just a few days later, mrmnmustard's bus from LAX stopped at GCH first, THEN went on to DLH. Others have experienced various versions of their own, some stopping at offsite hotels first, etc etc.

So I suggest you add a big huge "this varies and you'll want to ask the driver or just see what happens" thing to the explanation. At least when coming in from LAX.

Also, with Super Shuttle's fare quotes, make it very obvious that you are choosing *hotel name*, instead of zipcode, to get those quotes. I was playing around with it earlier today, and while Burbank and LGB don't show a difference using that, LAX and SNA had a very big difference when using zipcode vs hotel name. Didn't check ONT today, but I remember that there was a difference...long explanation short, use the hotel name for the fare quote.

Lastly, taxi from the Anaheim Amtrak station is about $13 by meter to the DLH.
[/QUOTE]

I am really sorry to hear this. We had bad experiences with shuttles. They did not show up on time and the drivers drove like idiots. And Uber and Lyft frighten me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter