Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Thank you for the reminder! I had totally forgotten about that! I typically do Lyft, but price check both. It's looking like the same price to fly into ONT or LGB, so I imagine I will likely go with LGB after all, but still trying to figure it all out for sure!
For the same price, I would totally go with LGB! ONT is too far away and too inconvenient if there are no significant savings involved.

For the same price, I would totally go with LGB! ONT is too far away and too inconvenient if there are no significant savings involved.
I usually go for LGB... Alaska's $59 PDX to ONT fare had me wavering. But then I happened to pull up Jet Blue for the same day, and it's the same price, will get me to the area an hour earlier, and get to fly into my preferred airport (LGB). So, it looks like I nearly have an unexpected day trip planned!

Looking to use ExecuCar for our next trip -- does anyone know if the business express option is still curbside pickup? It doesn't say anything on the website like their other options and I don't want to have to take a shuttle to a pick up location.

View attachment 455021
I just called today and was told Business Express is curbside. I'm wondering what people think of Execucar's service?

We upgraded to the ExecuCar Premium Sedan and it was an excellent experience. In my understanding, the only difference between the Premium Sedan and the Executive Express is the vehicle. Express gets you a functional sedan/small van, or you can arrive in style in the Premium Sedan. All of the private Execucar rides pick you up at the center island curbside zone instead of at the LAX-IT. FYI the Executive Express cars are easy to pick out in traffic with the Execucar advertising on the car. With the Premium Sedan, your vehicle lacks business labeling so it doesn't stand out, other than it's a nice ride.

Upon landing and turning on my phone, I received text messages from both Execucar and our driver. It's nice to know they are there and ready to go! The driver let us know he was waiting in the holding lot and to call him once we got our bags and at the center island curbside zone. You'll have to let the driver know what pillar you are standing near and give a description of yourself. (Mickey ears might help you stand out...) Your driver should be able to tell you how long the wait will be, it depends on airport traffic and which terminal you're at. It took our driver 5 minutes to get to us.

Friendly driver, luxe vehicle, arrived comfortably at the GCH relaxed and ready for Disneyland!

Last edited:

So this year’s experience with the DRE wasn’t that great and flawless like last year’s...
First the problem to find the right pick up spot and today there must have been some issues with the busses going to LAX. I reserved my pickup time 2 days ago via phone but today no bus showed up. I gave them a call (luckily I had an US SIM card...) and they said there were no buses available or something like that (didn’t quite understand what the lady on the phone was saying) and she called a yellow cab for me instead. It was a pleasant trip back to LAX in a cab. Though quite a pricey thing for DRE (DRE paid the cab). If anyone is wondering about the price it was around $100. (I paid $38 for a round trip with DRE...so not exactly a good way to make money...)

So this year’s experience with the DRE wasn’t that great and flawless like last year’s...
First the problem to find the right pick up spot and today there must have been some issues with the busses going to LAX. I reserved my pickup time 2 days ago via phone but today no bus showed up. I gave them a call (luckily I had an US SIM card...) and they said there were no buses available or something like that (didn’t quite understand what the lady on the phone was saying) and she called a yellow cab for me instead. It was a pleasant trip back to LAX in a cab. Though quite a pricey thing for DRE (DRE paid the cab). If anyone is wondering about the price it was around $100. (I paid $38 for a round trip with DRE...so not exactly a good way to make money...)
So glad that everything worked out for you in the end! Sounds like DRE is having problems... again.

We arrived into LAX today and took a taxi, and the LAX-IT system worked well. Green shuttle bus was super easy to find and use, the taxi/Uber lot itself was empty and we just walked to front of taxi line and off we went. It was actually easier than the old chaotic system!

So all the problems seemed to have been fixed.

Alright folks, I'm thinking I need to reconsider our transportation plans. Anyone want to help? Our flight lands at SNA at 12:30 pm on a Monday. We don't plan to do much in DL this day, but would at least like to drop our luggage at BWPPI, get our proper park tickets, get a "first visit" button for The Boy, see the castle, and ride the monorail to Goofy's Kitchen for a (hopefully) 5:30 dinner. If we can squeeze in one ride (I was thinking teacups or carousel maybe), we will, but this isn't a dealbreaker.

Our flight departs SNA at 6:45 am the following Saturday. I figure we probably (??) need to leave BWPPI at 5:15.

My plan has been to use California Yellow Cab because of the convenience and flat $29 charge. Is that a good plan? Can I prebook them to arrive at BWPPI at 5:15 am, and if so, are they reliable?

Luggage-wise, we will have two larger suitcases, three backpacks, and a Summer Infant stroller (larger than a cheapie, but smaller than most strollers). On the way home, we will also be carrying a droid and a lightsaber. Simply due to luggage, I'm wondering if I need to book SuperShuttle….

sunday in personal vehicle at 2:00 from ont was no problem in traffic as we picked up children flying in, leaving Tuesday morning at 11:00 there were no traffic issues to Ont,

Alright folks, I'm thinking I need to reconsider our transportation plans. Anyone want to help? Our flight lands at SNA at 12:30 pm on a Monday. We don't plan to do much in DL this day, but would at least like to drop our luggage at BWPPI, get our proper park tickets, get a "first visit" button for The Boy, see the castle, and ride the monorail to Goofy's Kitchen for a (hopefully) 5:30 dinner. If we can squeeze in one ride (I was thinking teacups or carousel maybe), we will, but this isn't a dealbreaker.

Our flight departs SNA at 6:45 am the following Saturday. I figure we probably (??) need to leave BWPPI at 5:15.

My plan has been to use California Yellow Cab because of the convenience and flat $29 charge. Is that a good plan? Can I prebook them to arrive at BWPPI at 5:15 am, and if so, are they reliable?

Luggage-wise, we will have two larger suitcases, three backpacks, and a Summer Infant stroller (larger than a cheapie, but smaller than most strollers). On the way home, we will also be carrying a droid and a lightsaber. Simply due to luggage, I'm wondering if I need to book SuperShuttle….

I was just going to post a taxi update. We took a cab from SNA to GCH and the flat rate to DL was $40 at the cab stand, not $29 as posted on Yellow Cab Web site. I asked the cab stand person about $29 and she had never heard of it. The return trip from GCH was also flat $40.

We were in a hurry so I didn't argue about $40 during rush hour (meter was $59 at the end of the trip but didn't matter). Also of note: We have five people and in my experience Uber XL (5 people) often does not have enough luggage space after everyone is seated. And it would be nearly $40 no traffic and much higher in traffic. So minivan taxis flat rate have just worked best for us. I also find taxi drivers are the "right" amount of confident in traffic when they need to be. :)

Thinking back on the $29 issue (which is a great rate), I was wondering if maybe Yellow Cab does not have the contract at SNA cab stand; maybe it's Orange Cab, or one of the others. So maybe you need to order Yellow Cab by phone or app and have them pick you up at Arrivals curb to get $29 rate. As usual there are a lot of taxi politics around cities and the company names all sound the same. Maybe someone local is familiar with them all. For our group, no argument on $40 flat rate--jump in minivan and go, no waiting. On the return trip he dropped the meter and said he would give us the better of the two. The meter with no traffic was $38.

For your trip, if you are comfortable with Uber/Lyft and 4 people or less, I think that is the way to go. UberX will be closer to the $29 rate. I would be hesitant to "schedule" a taxi as I just don't think they would arrive as reliably as a ride-share that is already circling the block nearby. I wouldn't worry about lightsaber/droid. Worst case those can go on laps in the backseat.

If you crack the taxi code, I would love to hear more. I plan to dig a little more next trip.

I took a minivan taxi from Yellow Cab Co from SNA to the Grand Californian on Sunday 12/1 and returning on 12/8. When I asked the driver about a flat rate, he said they didn't offer one. The fee before tip was about $44 going and a slightly less than that returning.

I took a minivan taxi from Yellow Cab Co from SNA to the Grand Californian on Sunday 12/1 and returning on 12/8. When I asked the driver about a flat rate, he said they didn't offer one. The fee before tip was about $44 going and a slightly less than that returning.

Yikes. I'm curious, did you hail the cabs? Or call or order the taxi on the App by chance? As said I wonder if Yellow Cab is a different company. Very confusing.

When you take the crosswalk from SNA baggage claim to taxi stand, there is a white board with flat rates posted. At GCH, you can ask for a pamphlet of flat rates at either bell services or the valet desk-- although I've never had the driver collect the pamphlet. I just ask "flat rate?" before getting in the cab.

If not, sounds like you got a sketchy driver. To clarify: these are the cabs that are already lined up at both SNA and GCH waiting for fares. Not hailed or ordered by phone. Hope that's useful! This was 12/05 return 12/08.

Thanks everyone! We are a party of three, but suuuuuck at packing light (I mean, what if California has an unexpected hard freeze and it's below zero and I don't have my parka in April?!?!). Thus the two big suitcases, stroller, and three backpacks. A taxi minivan sounds perfect.

Here is the California Yellow Cab webpage advertising the $29 flat rate: https://www.californiayellowcab.com/sna/ I will print it and bring a copy with us.

So, it sounds like the taxi is good going TO Disneyland. I'm still on the fence about returning to the airport and what is going to be the most reliable transportation at 5:00 am. I'm still leaning toward SuperShuttle here even though the rate is higher, as I've read too many posts of Lyft/Uber drivers not showing up or abandoning the pick-up part way there.

Yikes. I'm curious, did you hail the cabs? Or call or order the taxi on the App by chance? As said I wonder if Yellow Cab is a different company. Very confusing.

When you take the crosswalk from SNA baggage claim to taxi stand, there is a white board with flat rates posted. At GCH, you can ask for a pamphlet of flat rates at either bell services or the valet desk-- although I've never had the driver collect the pamphlet. I just ask "flat rate?" before getting in the cab.

If not, sounds like you got a sketchy driver. To clarify: these are the cabs that are already lined up at both SNA and GCH waiting for fares. Not hailed or ordered by phone. Hope that's useful! This was 12/05 return 12/08.
Yellow Cab Co is the company name, so it does sound like it's a different company. I couldn't take one of the waiting taxis; I needed a minivan taxi because I had to fit my electric wheelchair and a large suitcase. The wheelchair folds, but it still takes up a lot of space.

When I arrived Sunday evening 12/1 I went to the Taxi curb and talked with the person who was handling the cabs. She arranged for a minivan taxi for me, which was there fairly shortly. I didn't see any sign advertising flat rates, so I asked her. She said it was up to the driver, so I asked him and he said they didn't offer a flat rate. At least traffic wasn't bad, so it was a quick trip (ditto for the return trip on Sunday morning). For the return trip I called Yellow Cab Co the night before my departure.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!