Airtours premier gold

molipa

Earning My Ears
hi
we're off to Orlando on the 24th August and are first timers to Florida. Can anyone tell us what airtours premier gold class is like [thats what we booked]. Our flight from gatwick is at 10:45am any suggestions as to what time we should aim to get to checkin?
Has anyone used triband mobiles in the states does any one know how much the calls cost?
We're booked with the same company as Milly so have read the reports with great interest,cockups with prebooked seats seems to be common.

Molipa,

Cant help with the premair gold question, but i have used my tri band a few times in the states. Calls cost around £1.30 a minute, or around £1.00 with the international discount option applied to your bill. These prices were in March '02.

Paul

Hi Molipa :wave:

~~Welcome to the UKDis!~~

I have used Airtours Premiair Gold Service - not to Florida, but to Cancun. However - I do believe it is the same service to any destination.

It was brilliant - I would travel this way, paying the little extra any time!

*Your luggage allowance is increased. You dont have to check in so early.

*You get a separte check in desk - this is marked up and easy to spot.

*You get boarded first - and on being seated you are offered a drink, normally Bucks Fizz or something similar.

*You are in a dedicated part of the cabin (front end) with dedicated Cabin Crew to look after you. I think there are about 30 or 32 seats in Premiair Gold so you do get top notch service.

*There is a WC also only for these Premiair Gold Passengers :)

*You get proper cutlery, and I think a nicer choice on the menu. You get give the titchy Salt & Pepper pots in the shape of a plane as a gift. The service of the staff was faultless.

*The seats are leather - very plush - with footrest, and lots of room.

*You get seat back TV and a wider choice of viewing.

*You get off the plane first, and your luggage should be through first.

As I say - we travelled to Cancun, but someone here on the boards confirmed that the service to Florida was exactly the same.

I would recommend it any time and would pay the extra without hesitation to travel this way. :) :)

You should be given the time to check in on your tickets - I think it is 2 hours before rather than the normal three? Your seats should all be reserved anyway. I like to take my time, soak up the atmosphere before my flight, have breakfast and a mooch round the duty free - so I like to get to the airport nice and early but for a 10.45 flight on Premiair Gold, I would say to get there at least by 8am. (I would probably still get there at 6 am and hit the shops!!!!!!!!!) LOL

If you have booked Premiair Gold and have your receipts and paperwork - there shouldnt be any mistakes about booked seats etc.

Have a fab time and let us know what you thought of it when you get back.

I cant help with the radio's I'm afraid - we never had the need to use them.

HTH

can i be nosey.......

that really does sound good janice but how much extra do they charge for the privilledge?

thanks

neil

:)

Hi

Just wanted to say 'Welcome to the Dis' We are travelling on the 24th also - not with Airtours though :D

Kaylee

It is approx £200 to upgrade, the whole flight for us was £400 per person.
Was it worth it? YESSSSS!!! If only for not having to queue at check-in.
I tried to run my business via a Tri-band phone whilst in Florida, if I could give you 1 peice of advice it would be DON'T!!!!! I got back to a bill of £600 which was not pleasant. If you must use a mobile rather than a phone card, buy a pay as you go when you get there.
If you can resist the temptation to make calls, text messaging is relativley cheap I think 30p to send and maybe nothing to receive, but check with your service provider.
Ben

Our upgrades cost £150 return when we went to Cancun - and again, I cant stress how excellent the service was.

HTH

Hi

We used Premier Gold in 2000 when it was first introduced and it was absolutely fantastic, we would definitely use them again. We got the upgrade for free as we booked early enough to qualify for this but I think it is about £140 return to Orlando.

Have fun it really is worth the extra money and you are treated really well.

Helen:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter