Airtours reps meetings..........

cool chris

cool days, cool times, coolchris
Hi all,

Hope all is going well.

We are travelling with airtours to orlando in the summer but have just found out that our reps meeting is planned for the day after we get to our resort at 10 am ( what a stupid time) do u guys think it is worth losing half a day at one of the theme parks for this reps meeting?

would we get any worth while discounts at this meeting?

hope you can help

thanks cool chris:D

personally i find these a complete waste of time and wouldn't bother with.....

most of the time wil be spent with them trying their hardest to "sell" over priced tickets and excursions

(allegedly)

neil

:rolleyes:

Hi Chris,

We also didn't bother with the Reps' Welcome Meeting, but as it took place at the Motown Cafe, City Walk, we took advantage of the free parking offered on the invite and went to Universal Studios that day! OK, so we only saved $7, but it all adds up.

Jinny

Originally posted by Jinny
Hi Chris,

We also didn't bother with the Reps' Welcome Meeting, but as it took place at the Motown Cafe, City Walk, we took advantage of the free parking offered on the invite and went to Universal Studios that day! OK, so we only saved $7, but it all adds up.

Jinny

top tip :D

Hi Chris, these meetings do have some purpose to people that don't really have ANY idea of what they are going to do or haven't done their research. To be honest you'll learn a lot more here on these boards than you will at the meeting. As has already been said much of their time is used up trying to push tickets and excursions that can be bought as cheaply elsewhere.

You're correct , it is a stupid time becasue you can guarantee you won't get out of there until after midday. As most people are up REALLY early on their first day it means you sit around like a lemon for a couple of hours waiting for them to arrive. It means you have to set aside pretty much a whole day for this. I think I've done one of these in 10 trips.

You'll learn a lot more about Orlando from Simon's book " A Brit's guide to Orlando" if you want to get some extra planning in, his book covers a lot of the stuff outside Disney ( the boards tend to concentrate on the more " usual" parks and attractions) IMHO Simon's book is the best guide book for it's coverage of the non "main attractions".

Once you have a reasonable idea in your head what you want to do, I'd strongly recomend doing a ROUGH itinerary of your time there. It may sound like a complete ZZZZZZZZzz doing this but it really does help to plan out your time so you can make sure you fit in those things that are most important to you, and maximise your pass use. I don't think I have EVER stuck to my plan in 10 years, but I'll exchange days or drop things that aren't " MUST DO" in favour of something else as time demands.

Originally posted by vernon
Once you have a reasonable idea in your head what you want to do, I'd strongly recomend doing a ROUGH itinerary of your time there. It may sound like a complete ZZZZZZZZzz doing this but it really does help to plan out your time so you can make sure you fit in those things that are most important to you, and maximise your pass use. I don't think I have EVER stuck to my plan in 10 years, but I'll exchange days or drop things that aren't " MUST DO" in favour of something else as time demands.

we are having a get together bbq this weekend to discuss our sept florida trip and make a rough plan as to where everyone wants to go

:D

I have been to Florida twice now and have gone to both meetings. Having researched a lot about my holiday the reps didn't tell me much I didn't already know.

However this time we were given the opportunity to take in a basketball game. Airtours arranged to have someone pick us up, take us to the game and drop us back off at our hotel. If we hadn't have gone to the meeting it is something we probably never would have done and we would have missed a great experience.

If you know exactly what you want to do then don't go. If your not sure give it a try and you may be told of an outing that you've never even thought of.

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

We certainly won't be wasting half a day of our holiday on the reps meeting. Our only prob is that the brochure says that's where we're supposed to pick up the Orlando passes we booked at the reps mtg. Hope we can find the rep to get hold of them at some other time convenient to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter