AK leaving carry on bag at lockers?

diana13

Mouseketeer
My last day will be at AK and I intend to get there early for RD to get on non FP FOA. Then I plan to depart straight to airport later in afternoon. It will be much easier to depart via Uber from AK esp since ME now 4 hours ahead and don't want to waste time going back to resort.

Few questions:

1. Can I Uber from AK easily?
2. Is there a place around entrance before or after bag check to leave a carry on luggage? I have read conflicting info about lockers and locations, whether before or after bag check and figure AK will be busy, even early. Unfortunately my airline is not able check bag at resort, plus want to avoid checking bag for flight.
3. If there are good lockers there, any advice, like lots quarters, what kind lock and payment?
4. The date will be Monday, Dec 4th. It is EMH, but hoping Mondays are not as crazy. Is this true?

Thanks!

1. It is easy to Uber to AK. One of the easiest parks of all.
2. Depends on how big of a carry on bag you have. They do have large lockers. DH fit his large back pack in one (he came straight from the airport to AK in Oct). They are not outside the park like Epcot has so you'll have to take them in through security. They won't hold a regular roll on suitcase but they will hold a small tote or large backpack. Anything that can fit under a seat would fit in there for certain
3. In Oct they had just installed new lockers with a new system that worked on a credit card, no more paying at the kiosk. We had a huge to do because DH forgot his number and if you can believe it, no way to find your number if you forget. No finger print, no way to pull it off your credit card, nothing. It was a nightmare but one of his doing. I try not to bring it up. Thankfully we didn't miss anything

Thank you both for the info. I am not sure it will work, will just depend on my packing for 5 nights. I am only do carry on for airplane, but was thinking a small rolling duffel with wheels, so doesn't look like it will fit. Will see if right before I leave, if I can take less stuff. Some of it depends on weather forecast, shorts vs. pants. Worst case, if bus not right there for hotel, I will just Uber to hotel, then again Uber to airport. Not 1st choice, since don't want waste money, but a possibility.

@AngiTN - wow that would be so frustrating. If I do locker, I will take quick pic of the number. Thanks!

I will just Uber to hotel, then again Uber to airport. Not 1st choice, since don't want waste money, but a possibility.
That might just be cheaper than renting more than one locker, and it may not be foo far off from the cost of renting one large locker.

I am not sure it will work, will just depend on my packing for 5 nights. I am only do carry on for airplane, but was thinking a small rolling duffel with wheels, so doesn't look like it will fit.
Rolling duffel flexible? If you can't squish it in one locker, take some stuff out and put it in the large plastic shopping bag you had the foresight to bring, and use a second locker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter