AKL Grand Villa living/dining room and balcony size?

Lorana

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We are planning our 20th anniversary trip for next year to Disney, and plan on staying at least part of the trip in a Savanna View Grand Villa. We expect several friends and family to travel as well, so we want to make sure we have comfortable space for hosting should we decide to do so.

Does anyone know the actual size of the living/dining room space in the Jambo Grand Villa vs the Kidani Grand Villa? How about the actual footage of the balconies?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know the actual size, but Jambo will be much large as they are on 1 floor. Kidani is split on 2 floors.

JAMBO

Kidani

You can see Jambo’s dining table seats more (but that is a backless bench on one side), with larger balcony’s has the bonus pool table room, and a better master bathroom.
Kidani has the grand 2 story feel with an extra living area (and pull out bed) upstairs.

Have definitely seen tours of the Jambo GV on YouTube. Would guess the Kidani one is on there too

We stayed in a three bedroom grand villa at Kidani, this past December, and the living room, dining room, kitchen area was an open floorplan, large enough for eight people in the dining area, with four more stools at the high kitchen counter. The living room area was a little smaller with a three person couch, that pulls out to a bed, and two small chairs on each side. The entire villa was gorgeous with high ceilings. There were two dual oversized shared balconies, one for downstairs and one for the two rooms upstairs. Just beautiful, I wish we could have stayed longer.

A couple of years ago we stayed in a two bedroom villa, much smaller living space. The dining room table was circular, fit maybe four people. Couch was small, also into a bed, and another couple of chairs. Kitchen was also small with no stools. The balcony was a bit large only because the two bedroom is all one level and the balcony stretches from one end to the other.

Jambo rooms are 2349 square feet and AKV 2201 square feet. Jambo should be a more roomy. The balconies at Jambo, from what I have seen on video, much larger than AKV. AKV balconies are skinny but run the whole length, Jamba’s are not as long, bur go out much further allowing a bigger table with chairs.

We stayed at the Jambo GV and it is amazing! As you can see from the above drawing, you get a much larger table on the balcony than in Kidani, along with enough room for the whole group to sit together in the dining room. Jambo has a pool table which will help spread out your group, if you have any pool players. The master bath is incredible. We loved it.

This is a little off topic but does relate to AKL Grand Villas. What is their availability at 7 months, especially in summer? Would it be difficult to get 5-7 days?
Now is not a good time to tell from booking tool on site because 7 month window is in fall frenzy as well as all the rebooking. And I don't feel this summer would be real indicator for future.
Thanks for any info!

This is a little off topic but does relate to AKL Grand Villas. What is their availability at 7 months, especially in summer? Would it be difficult to get 5-7 days?
Now is not a good time to tell from booking tool on site because 7 month window is in fall frenzy as well as all the rebooking. And I don't feel this summer would be real indicator for future.
Thanks for any info!

I bought a large SSR contract just to buy this kind of room in 2019, after watching availability like a hawk, particularly BLT. There's usually availability at some kind of grand villa at 7 months (at least pre-corona). But I was not watching Christmas or Spring Break, which I know are crazy. So, maybe not this particular one, but something. With enough points for 7 grand villa days, you could walk something.

I bought a large SSR contract just to buy this kind of room in 2019, after watching availability like a hawk, particularly BLT. There's usually availability at some kind of grand villa at 7 months (at least pre-corona). But I was not watching Christmas or Spring Break, which I know are crazy. So, maybe not this particular one, but something. With enough points for 7 grand villa days, you could walk something.
Thanks for your response. I am mainly looking at AKL grand villas as to deciding if want to buy there vs ability to use other points to book GV at 7 months.

Thanks for your response. I am mainly looking at AKL grand villas as to deciding if want to buy there vs ability to use other points to book GV at 7 months.

Even right now, with a CRAZY points crunch after being shut down, the AKL grand villa is mostly available in November and Dec, except Thanksgiving. You can even get Christmas, which has been open in 7 month for a minute.

i am also looking at buying a large SSR contract for the purpose of booking Savannah view GVs at AKV KidanI. We value their covered/close to elevator parking above any Jambo amenities.

Before, resale pricing for both resorts was somewhat similar, but now there is almost a $20-30 difference, and if I can buy a bit cheaper just to stay in these rooms, I will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter