AKL kidani villa

magic kingdom park

Mouseketeer
I requested a pool view for our stay Sept.- Oct. my question is will I have a roof view. Seen posted several times pool view ends up being roof view

I am not sure what you mean by roof view. If you are referring to having an overhanging roof sticking out just below your balcony or right in front of your balcony and thus blocking view, be aware that issue does not exist at Kidani, only at Jambo. If you requested pool view, I assume you have standard view at Kidani. You might also want to put in a second request for high floor for the better view. In fact, if you want to try for a room that gives you the shortest walk to the pool and also potentially gives you a view to your right from the balcony of the souithern end of Pembe Savanna, you may want to strike your current request and instead request close to the Rafiki elevator and high floor.

I had seen several pictures that were pool view and that was the case. Did not know if it was Jambo or Kidani. We are renting points and staying in a studio. I would like a nice pool view and also close to the bus stop if possible. Do you think this is an option. The savannah view is not a big deal as my family is not that excited about looking out at the animals and I have been told that there is tons of viewing areas around the resort.

Some of the Pool Views in Jambo House are above the restaurants that are near the Uzima Pool, so you could be looking down on a roof.

I had seen several pictures that were pool view and that was the case. Did not know if it was Jambo or Kidani. We are renting points and staying in a studio. I would like a nice pool view and also close to the bus stop if possible. Do you think this is an option. The savannah view is not a big deal as my family is not that excited about looking out at the animals and I have been told that there is tons of viewing areas around the resort.

See the following map of Kidani: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg The front entrance faces west (bottom of the map) and there are two long wings, north and south running from the lobby. The pool is along the north wing and you can see the building units with rooms that would face the pool. The bus stop is also designated in the map along the south wing. If you have pool view, you will have some walk to the bus stop (each of those box-like shaped building units shown is about 60 yards long plus another 10 to 15 yards for the walkways between those units) but it is not overwhelming.

My personal preference is savanna view but there are places to view animals (between the building units you will find rather large windows looking out at the savana and there is the large viewing area outside the lobby area on the east).

At Kidani it's difficult to have pool and near bus. There is a parking area between the building and the pool. So, as PP said, higher floor lifts you up to see the pool over the parking.

Since the pool is on opposite wing as the bus, requesting near Rafiki elevator is good because it will put you close to the center of the hotel and closer to the bus depot. Also it's a closer walk to the pool, just go down that elevator and through the parking area (not pretty but it works).

Kidani's pool area is great but it's not like Jambo where it's surrounded by rooms looking down at it. It does beat a standard view room on the South wing though which is just parking and bus depot.

Our most recent visit we stayed in standard view, and our room was in the first building, just above the bus stop. Believe me, you don't want near the bus stop and lobby, standard view. The busses and other vehicles are noisy, and there is nothing to see on the balcony, other than the parking lot and bus stop. Also, we had to walk quite a way to get to where our car was parked. Sometimes, we had to park near the Pumbaa elevator, which is way on the other side of the building, although we usually were able to park in the Timon area.
Last year, we were in a Savanna view on Pembe savanna. We ended up next to one of the savanna rooms that were reclassified as standard. The balcony was more pleasant, although, because they bring the animals in from 6:30-8:30, we didn't get to see any while we were having breakfast. Personally, I wouldn't stay at Kidani standard view again, and I won't stay on Pembe savanna again, because no animals at the time I would like to sit and watch while I have breakfast in the morning.

which sections would this be according to the map. how close is the elevator. I do have a standard view studio. Just don't want to just look at the parking lot. was not aware that the parking lot was between the pool and resort.

Following this thread too. Going in sept with standard view and not sure what to request either. I like the last suggestion about standard view request

Wow! Now I really don't know what to ask for. I know I do not want to look at the parking lot:confused3

Most of the parking is in the garage under the building. Our room 7505, wasn't pool view, but it was very close to the elevator that is just off the lobby on the wing that is closer to the bus stop. The elevator closest our room didn't go down to the parking level, but, it did go down to just outside the restaurant. The view from our balcony was of the front of the lobby, a small parking lot for short term parking. It was noisy because of the traffic of constant arrivals. It wasn't a scenic view at all. To be honest, this was the first time that I had ever stayed at Kidani in a standard view unit. We have stayed several times over the past 8 years or so in savanna view rooms. My favorite thing to do in a savanna view room is to sit on the balcony enjoying my coffee and breakfast and watch animals. Didn't do this my last stay. Didn't go out to the balcony much at all. Made getting up and going much faster. Most of the standard view rooms at Kidani are going to have a view much like what I have, because half are on the side of the lobby closer to Jambo, on the outside curve, with odd numbers. The outside curve on the pool side, with odd numbers, also has Pembe savanna. We have stayed in a savanna view room twice on Pembe savanna. On Pembe savanna, the animals are taken in between about 6:30-8:30 am for their daily checks. The landscape view on that side, either of the pool area or the savanna, is certainly more pleasant than the lobby roof view that we had.

Personally, I wouldn't stay at Kidani in a standard view room, and I will in the future be very vigilant that I don't get an odd numbered savanna view. It's not worth the premium cost in terms of points for a savanna view on Pembe, if I can't see the animals while I am in my room. The discount in points, in my opinion, is also not worthwhile, to get a standard view, when, if I wanted to see a parking lot and be far away from all the parks, I could stay at Saratoga springs for fewer points per night. But, it is all personal preference, and what works for me may not work for you.

Okay, I think this will be helpful
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg
If you look to the left of the lobby, one of those 1st four pods, those will likely be where you'll want to be.

The paved area is a bit of a service area or access for the parking garage below the building but again if you are high floor you will not be bothered by it at all.

No worries.

See the following map of Kidani: http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg The front entrance faces west (bottom of the map) and there are two long wings, north and south running from the lobby. The pool is along the north wing and you can see the building units with rooms that would face the pool. The bus stop is also designated in the map along the south wing. If you have pool view, you will have some walk to the bus stop (each of those box-like shaped building units shown is about 60 yards long plus another 10 to 15 yards for the walkways between those units) but it is not overwhelming.

My personal preference is savanna view but there are places to view animals (between the building units you will find rather large windows looking out at the savana and there is the large viewing area outside the lobby area on the east).

MMHMM What he said :) LOL

Okay, I think this will be helpful
http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg
If you look to the left of the lobby, one of those 1st four pods, those will likely be where you'll want to be.

The paved area is a bit of a service area or access for the parking garage below the building but again if you are high floor you will not be bothered by it at all.

No worries.

So I would really need to request a higher floor on this side over the pool? The gray area on the ground between the pool and the building is that a road, do you have to cross the road to get to the pool or is there a walkway?. and thanks for your help

So I would really need to request a higher floor on this side over the pool? The gray area on the ground between the pool and the building is that a road, do you have to cross the road to get to the pool or is there a walkway?. and thanks for your help
That gray area is where cars exit the parking garage and enter that small parking area. It is at ground level, the same level as the parking garage under the building. The lobby is on level 2. The guest rooms are on levels 2-5. The pool is sort of half way between ground level and level 2.

You have two options to get to the pool area. You can walk to the lobby, exit the main doors, turn right and take the walkway (that tan color path on the map) all the way to the pool. You will not have to cross any road or parking area.

Option 2 is to take the elevator closest to the pool area down to the parking garage, exit the garage, cross the road/parking area and then walk up a slight ramp to the pool.

Option 2 isn't very scenic but if your room is in that section of the building it is the faster route to the pool, much shorter than walking all the way to the lobby and then all the way back again to the pool area.

Trying to post a picture from our balcony in room 7505, standard view:
Compared to view from 7851, savanna view on Pembe savanna:
The pool area is just on the other side of the fence visible on the left side of the picture; no, the savanna isn't very deep, and the trees are very dense, so it is hard to see animals from that room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter