AKL - requesting bunk bed rooms

CarbonRiver

Earning My Ears
We are staying in Jambo House in February, booked for a Savanah view room. I understand that AKL has, or at least used to have, some rooms that have bunk beds instead of two queens, but it isn't clear if that is a separate room category or something you can just request? I thought I remembered seeing that room type as a different option on the booking page in the past, but when I search now for random days out in the future bunk bed rooms aren't showing up as a distinct option.

Assuming they are something that can be requested do you have to call the hotel to do that in advance? The advance checking option online seems to only offer proximity to lobby and floor level, but I see other AKL threads about folks making more detailed requests like for partial view on standard rooms, so is there a box I'm missing on the page for additional requests or is that all just something you have to call in for? DS and DD are getting to the age where having bunks instead of a queen would be nice, but that wasn't something we had to have so didn't pay enough attention at booking.

Thanks!

I'm not an expert, but I'm staying at AKL next month too so I've been trying to follow information about the current room renovations. I think the bunk bed rooms have all been converted into standard 2Q rooms at this point.

If you want to note extra requests, you just call Disney and have them added to your reservation. Sometimes you'll get what you're requesting, other times you won't.

Have a good trip!

Bunk bed rooms used to be a booking option. We booked a BB room a few years ago. I did hear they are doing away with the bunk beds now. Not sure if they are still available.

Duh, that makes sense (sadly) that they would be removing the bunk beds as part of the renovations. Knew they were closing in on updating all of the rooms but hadn't connected the dots. Too bad the nicer rooms have to come at the cost of fun :-( Thanks for all the responses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter