AKL to Cirque

lpursell

Mouseketeer
We're staying at AKL and have tickets for Cirque on a Thursday night at 6pm in January. We might be spending that day in Epcot but I'm not sure, so much to see, so little time. My tentative plan for that day is to have a late lunch/early dinner at House of Blues then get to Cirque at 5:30.

As I understand it, the busses go from resorts to parks and resorts to DD, but not parks to DD. Should we go back to AKL from the park then to DD? Everyone says AKL is remote so I'm wondering if there is a shorter distance to DD? I don't have a map of WDW showing all resorts and parks. We're first-timers and only have 3 days so I'd like to make the most of it! Thanks, Linda

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if you are at EPCOT, take the monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center. You can catch a bus to DTD there.

Cirque is great! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Cyn

Another option ... if you are at Epcot exit through the International Gateway (between France and England) and walk to the Yacht and Beach Club. You could catch the bus to Downtown Disney from there. Just make sure you allow lots of time. We've always used Disney transportation and have found that the routes to Downtown Disney seem to take the most time and are the least frequent.

Cirque is fabulous ... enjoy!!

Originally posted by Figment2
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but if you are at EPCOT, take the monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center. You can catch a bus to DTD there.

Now that the MK Resorts have direct DTD service starting at 8:30am, the TTC->DTD route has been eliminated.

To get from Epcot to DTD, I suggest exiting out the International Gateway, and walking over to either the Beach Club, or to the Boardwalk. From there, you can catch the DTD bus. Busses should run approx every 15 minutes. They will stop at the Marketplace first, and then PI/West Side... that's the stop you want.

If for some reason you are in the front of Epcot... (or at the MK or DAK), just take the Old Key West bus, and switch to the DTD bus from there. Old Key West is right near Downtown Disney, so it'll get you half the way there, and the DTD bus will get you the rest of the way.

The Disney-MGM Studios is the only theme park to have a DTD bus. From 3pm until one hour after closing, they run a ONE WAY bus to Pleasure Island/West Side. It's a ONE WAY, ONE STOP bus. There is NO RETURN TRANSPORTATION.

The only reason why the Studios has that bus, and no other park does, is because of the Sports Complex. In the evening, the bus goes from Studios to DTD, drops off. Then goes to the Sports Complex and picks up anyone waiting there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter