AKL value 1 bed tips

Pluto80

DIS Veteran
We've just purchaced at AKL and have scored a value 1 bed for four nights in August. This will be a non park stay.
We've always stayed in a studio in the past (2 adults, a 12 year old boy and an 8 year old girl).
We live Kidani, but have never stayed at Jambo. Just after any tips, for both the resort, and for the value room.
Thanks!

Are the boy and girl okay with sharing bed? Value does NOT have a pull out chair.

Or mom and daughter share a bed and dad and son share the other. Not much floor space to put something on the floor to sleep on.

Value rooms are hard to get, especially value Studios. Congratulations. I tried for 4 days in a row to get a value studio in mid August, and I was doing that at the 11-month window in September. Eventually I got it but it wasn't that easy. You will probably love Jambo. It is wonderful. Though I have always been happy with Kidani in the past. They are both my favourite. You won't get the ability to specify your view with the value rooms, but you might be able to request near an elevator or maybe in a particular Hall.

Last edited:

Oh right. Didn't realise that. Thanks for letting me know, so I don't go looking for it haha!

I’ve not stayed in a value 1 br., but I think you’ll love the 1br. w/ the washer/dryer, full kitchen & spa tub (be sure to budget extra for bath bombs from Basin at GF or DS :).)
You can catch the little shuttle bus at Jambo to go the the community hall & pool at Kidani - it picks up across from where DME drops off/picks up in front of Jambo’s Porte cochere.
It’s nice to have the Mara right there and I believe they do a little parade/drum thing for the kids in Jambo’s lobby every day.
Enjoy!

I’ve not stayed in a value 1 br., but I think you’ll love the 1br. w/ the washer/dryer, full kitchen & spa tub (be sure to budget extra for bath bombs from Basin at GF or DS :).)
You can catch the little shuttle bus at Jambo to go the the community hall & pool at Kidani - it picks up across from where DME drops off/picks up in front of Jambo’s Porte cochere.
It’s nice to have the Mara right there and I believe they do a little parade/drum thing for the kids in Jambo’s lobby every day.
Enjoy!
And if you don't want to wait for the shuttle, it's about a ten minute walk to KV from JH.

Yes, we did the walk many times when we were at Kidani in the summer. Our room was quite near to the walkway to Jambo, which was lucky as it was a pretty quick walk. We did a lot of the activities at both resorts so it was nice to be within easy access.

Be prepared for TINY!!! For example, if you sit on the edge of the bed in the master bedroom, you cannot also close or open the bedroom door. The door clears the bed by mear inches. As long as you are expecting only enough room to sleep you will be fine.

Well, we’ve only ever stayed in Studios in the past, so we’re used to tiny :-)

Be prepared for TINY!!! For example, if you sit on the edge of the bed in the master bedroom, you cannot also close or open the bedroom door. The door clears the bed by mear inches. As long as you are expecting only enough room to sleep you will be fine.

This. I think the bathroom is bigger than the bedroom!

With the sofa pulled out there is no room to move in the living room area either. I have done one as a solo and loved it. And I guess 2 people would be OK. Whenever we have done a one bedroom for more people than that at AKV we go to Kidani, standard view to save points. Generous amount of space throughout... sleeping chair and extra bathroom.

How tiny is the living room in the 1BR? We are two adults, a 4 year old and 2 year old by the time we have a value in September. Right now the little one is in a crib but will be out of it by then. Will we have room to put a 5' x 3' travel toddler bed on the floor with the sofa pulled out for the 4 year old?
719LzdebSEL._SX522_.jpg

How tiny is the living room in the 1BR? We are two adults, a 4 year old and 2 year old by the time we have a value in September. Right now the little one is in a crib but will be out of it by then. Will we have room to put a 5' x 3' travel toddler bed on the floor with the sofa pulled out for the 4 year old?
719LzdebSEL._SX522_.jpg

It looks pretty small so I'm thinking you should be able to find a spot... maybe by moving the dining table chairs? The length of the value unit is shorter than other 1 bedrooms which is why there is no room for a sleeper chair. Once the sofa is pulled out you pretty much lose floor space in the living room.

I'm sure it would fit in the bathroom but I'm thinking that wouldn't be the best solution!

It looks pretty small so I'm thinking you should be able to find a spot... maybe by moving the dining table chairs? The length of the value unit is shorter than other 1 bedrooms which is why there is no room for a sleeper chair. Once the sofa is pulled out you pretty much lose floor space in the living room.

I'm sure it would fit in the bathroom but I'm thinking that wouldn't be the best solution!

Yea, definitely not putting him in the bathroom :) But we usually move furniture around so hopefully we can make it work ok. Thankfully it is a shorter trip so we'll get a good idea whether we want to keep trying for value rooms in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter