AKL value 1bedroom?

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
Can you tell me how the value 1bedrooms are? Any info would be great. And any advise on what to request, if there are any options.

Thanks
Amy

There are 10 1-bedroom Value Villas and they are all in Jambo House. The are approx. 629 sq. ft., while the other 1-bedrooms in Jambo House are approx. 710 sq. ft. The 1-bedrooms in Kidani Village are approx. 807 sq. ft. They can have either a pool view, parking lot view or savanna view and can be found along the Giraffe & Ostrich Trails. See link below for a map of the 5th floor of Jambo House where the DVC Villas are with the exception of Concierge Level which is on the 6th floor. All Jambo House 1-bedrooms have 1 bathroom, the Kidani Village 1-bedrooms have 2 bathrooms.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

Thanks for the info and map. I may just request near pool. I like that side. Better.
Amy

one other downside of the value 1BRs is that they do not have the sleeper chair that the other AKV 1BRs have, so their occupancy limit stops at 4.

AKL is our home resort, and I've never been able to get a 1-bedroom value even at 11 months.

I guess I got lucky. I just booked 3 nights for the end of May. It does save a lot of points. There will be 4of us in the room.
Thanks
Amy

As far as room goes, what you get is just a smaller version of the rooms in the other view categories with the same internal look and furnishings, which make for tight spacing, except the value does not have a sleeper chair and thus has sleeping arrangements for only four. None of the three possible views, savanna, pool, or parking lot, is actually bad (even the parking lot view rooms see mostly trees and other fauna) and the savanna views are OK but not the best.The room should not disappoint and is definitely a "value" for any member looking to save on points but still be pleased. As noted, they no longer take view requests with value.

Thanks. Looks great. And I really don't care about the veiw. I just like to be near the lobby. And the way it sounds all the rooms are fairly close to the lobby.

We own at AKV and have always stayed in the value villas there. No problems booking them at 11 months and even had a wait list come through for this past March when I couldn't book until well past 11 months. Love the value villas. Still waiting to get the Savannah view though, 6 stays and haven't gotten it yet.

We were in a value last Sept (just booked 5 months out) we were on the trails on the left side of the lobby when you are entering from the main doors. It was just a few steps to the main lobby.

We own at AKV and have always stayed in the value villas there. No problems booking them at 11 months and even had a wait list come through for this past March when I couldn't book until well past 11 months. Love the value villas. Still waiting to get the Savannah view though, 6 stays and haven't gotten it yet.

What type of room have you booked? 1bd only? And for what length of visits? We have been unsuccessful over the last 2 years at getting a value 2bd for a week at the 11m window. My New Year's resolution is to book a value for one of our 2015 trips. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

When they say 'value' they really mean "just big enough to fit the furniture". For example, you cannot sit on the edge of the bed and close the bedroom door at the same time, the door will hit your legs. We stayed in a value 1BR with my son, and had him sleeping on a twin air mattress in the master, so we could enjoy the living room after he went to sleep. It's a good thing the beds are so high because the mattress had to be 1/4 under the bed to fit in the room. It is really really small. Don't expect to have a lot of space to move around each other.

Even though it was cramped. After we adjusted after the initial shock we liked it quite well, and have stayed in a 1br value since. You just can't beat the point savings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter