AKV I read the animals will be relocated during construction?

LarryKeith

Are we there yet!!
In vacation majic guide an article on AKV said animals would be relocated to manage stress while construction was taking place. Any more info on this? If I book a room will I be looking at an open field with no animals? Already have AKV points going to book for summer of 2008.:confused:

Well all I can say is, if they remove the animals at the Lodge during the construction, it is was probably a good idea they put the new lodge further away, because DVC is not going to be popular with the nonDVC is this happens.

People are already upset enough about the changes to concierge.

I think you should be fine based on the maps I have seen. (There are animal areas that aren't viewable and I think that's what's being moved.)

I do hope that we don't have to wait until the new building is ready to see animals from our villas!!!CarolA, I hope you are right!
Bobbi

I suspect just the areas of the savanna that would be impacted by the construction of the new building will be off limits to the animals. I'm quite sure they will still be seen from the lodge, but their habitat will be smaller, and thus they will likely have to relocate some of the animals. I'll have to re-read the article and see if it is more specific.

Okay, I just re-read the article. It says they will be moving equipment in a little at a time to get the animals used to the sight of the construction equipment. It looks to me like the animals will remain on the current savannas except for the construction area of the new building, and once the exterior of the building is done, they will be allowing them to be reintroduced to that area. It also said they would not be introducing new animals to the area until construction was completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter