AKV Standard View

We are in a 2 BR and a studio in November. I was just going to ask for something near the lobby.

If you are taking your car instead of a bus, then lobby proximity only matters for going to the pool or drink refills at Kidani. Otherwise, most parking is under the villas and there are multiple elevators so everyone can be fairly close to their car.

If view is more important than lobby proximity, then I would request Pembe savanna view.

If you are taking your car instead of a bus, then lobby proximity only matters for going to the pool or drink refills at Kidani. Otherwise, most parking is under the villas and there are multiple elevators so everyone can be fairly close to their car.

If view is more important than lobby proximity, then I would request Pembe savanna view.

Thanks for the advice. I was worried about the long walk from the pool but think I would rather have the better view.

However I just read this thread from two years ago and it has me a little concerned about Pempe. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868022

Any feedback on the two views and which I should request? We will have two boys 7 and 4 with us who love animals.

Some of the rooms on Pembe savanna are charged savanna view points. I know, because we stayed in one last summer. There is no way that I will pay savanna view points to stay on Pembe savanna again. And, to be perfectly honest about it, the only reason I bought DVC at AKV was to have savanna view. This next trip, we are staying in a standard view at Kidani. I spoke to a person at member satisfaction about the Pembe view, and they gave me the stock "the animals are free to roam" talk.

We choose a standard view room vs a Savannah view because we opted for a bigger unit.. hence the 2-bedroom villa. We are there for a full week and know we wanted to enjoy the resort and didn't want to feel crammed with 4 adults, a teenager and toddler.

Thanks for the advice. I was worried about the long walk from the pool but think I would rather have the better view.

However I just read this thread from two years ago and it has me a little concerned about Pempe. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2868022

Any feedback on the two views and which I should request? We will have two boys 7 and 4 with us who love animals.

Pembe is not the ideal savanna view, especially for a 1st timer, the fences need more themeing...but we are talking standard view points. Most standard view is basically bus stop view, there are also pool view...and then there are a few re-classified Pembe savannah view rooms (this is along a narrow path betweèn the 2 larger Pembe sections. (But there is an animal feeder "log" so animals do stop as they wander.

FS_DSC08088_filtered_zpsa7798b54.jpg

Pembe is not the ideal savanna view, especially for a 1st timer, the fences need more themeing...but we are talking standard view points. Most standard view is basically bus stop view, there are also pool view...and then there are a few re-classified Pembe savannah view rooms (this is along a narrow path betweèn the 2 larger Pembe sections. (But there is an animal feeder "log" so animals do stop as they wander.

I'm confused. Are you saying that a view of Pembe can be had with Standard View points instead of Savannah View points? We are already good to go with a Savannah View room so I'm looking for the request that would give me and my kids the best view of animals from our room.

Yes, I was lucky and received that "standard" view.

This thread title is standard view, sorry if I confused you.

For Savanna view at Kidani, I would choose near lobby, (they do a better job keeping animals near the lobby) low floor, Sunset savanna view.

Yes, I was lucky and received that "standard" view.

This thread title is standard view, sorry if I confused you.

For Savanna view at Kidani, I would choose near lobby, (they do a better job keeping animals near the lobby) low floor, Sunset savanna view.

Sorry, that was my bad. I was so caught up in the discussion didn't pay attention to the thread title.

Thanks again for the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter