AKV! YAY To the Naysayers!!

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
Just got off the phone with Member Services to book those extra 3 days I talked about a couple of months back.

7 month window for Feb 27th-March 1st 2008. I called with the complete expectation to have no AKV availability. Not only because it's the new resort. Still under construction. But at the 7 month window, I just didn't expect it. The informed me they had room in ALL CLASSES ( I didn't have enough points for a savannah view, but still! ). Ironically, my second choice, Boardwalk Villas, was all booked up :)

So I'm very excited! :number1:

Lucky you:thumbsup2
I tried to make an adjustment to our room type for January and add one day at the 7 month mark and had to wait list for both. Still keeping my fingers crossed.
Sadly, I'm trying to get off Club level and into SV and there's probably someone trying to do the opposite. Not sure if they check that.

Lucky you:thumbsup2
Sadly, I'm trying to get off Club level and into SV and there's probably someone trying to do the opposite. Not sure if they check that.

Yep that's me - trying to do the reverse - get into club level from savannah - in Feb though - had the same thought, probably someone out there who wants the reverse :laughing:

We booked Club for the first 2 nights only to get the sunrise safari without knowing the safari is only Sunday and Thursday:headache: So we figured we rather not waste the extra points but we're stuck there unless the waitlist comes through for the SV. Not a bad place to be "stuck" though. Really can't complain-I'm just happy to be there

I called MS yesterday and was DELIGHTED to be able to book a 1/br savannah view for the last week in Feb. Woo-hoo! :)

:cool1: I just booked a studio savannah view this morning for the night before our cruise! High fives, all around!

Tammy, aren't you cruising with us? We will be at AKV the night before the cruise too. Pre-cruise party at AKV.

Booked 3 nights CL studio for the three days after our cruise in April. I was worried that I might have to wiatlist for the Thursday night, but no problems. Of course now my contract is stripped but that was why I added on!

I got a 1 BR SV View for President's Week in February at the 7 month mark. BCV and BWV were not available. I love the fact that the AKV 1 BR will sleep 5. Looking forward to it..........

I've said several times that AKV will not be impossible to book at 7 months like some believe.

BWV and BCV will continue to be the hardest to book, at least for now.

I've always been lucky with the waitlist for both BCV and BWV at the 7 month window if there's not already availability. I just can't seem to make plans too far in advance and we live locally so tend to try and make more "last minute", shorter trips. That said I tried to add on a Saturday night, Sept. 15th at AKL SV ( we have a few nights following that) and there was nothing left, no views, no room types. I took OKW and waitlisted a studio SV so we'll have some place to stay- I figure there are less rooms available in Sept. than there will be in 08 so probably that's the reason for nothing on a Saturday night. I love having all the choices we have though and each new resort means more availability somewhere!---Kathy

I've said several times that AKV will not be impossible to book at 7 months like some believe.

BWV and BCV will continue to be the hardest to book, at least for now.

Well it hought it would be just because Kidani village is not open yet. I figured that since it's new, and is not yet at full potential.

but whatever, I'm happy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter