Alamo standard SUVs and Premium crossovers

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
Curious if anyone has recentlyish rented from either of these categories at Alamo MCO and what there was to choose from. The examples online are Hyundai Santa Fe and Infiniti Q60... Trying to decide if we want to pay more for the crossover. Thanks very much for any insight!

I'm trying to decide between the minivan and the premium crossover. Both seat 7. I believe the standard SUV only seats 5. For the days I need it, the price difference is only $3. While I don't have experience with these specific models, I have driven both a Hyundai and Infiniti sedans. Personally, I prefer the Infiniti. The ride is smoother and the inside just looks and feels nicer than a Hyundai.

We had a reservation for a premium crossover (Buick Enclave or similar) for earlier this month. We arrived around 7:30 pm and were not given a choice. We were assigned a Toyota Sequoia.

I tweeted Alamo earlier this month trying to find out what premium cars were in their fleet. They responded pretty quickly, it will at least give you an idea of what you might receive.

We got a crossover a few years ago and it was a traverse. While it was nice, there was little trunk space. Everyone’s backpacks had to stay at their feet on the drive to my sisters and thankfully our luggage was carry on size/overhead compartment otherwise it wouldn’t fit back there. There were 6 of us-my mom, DH, myself and our 3 kids. They upgraded us from a 7 seater mini van since all the ones they showed us smelled like smoke. I didn’t consider it an upgrade when there were 7 of us going to the beach with 7 chairs, cooler, boogie boards, etc...

Last April, we again rented the 7 seater van, DH forgot to click skip the counter so we went in and happy people we were said sure let’s upgrade to an 8 seater van for $100 more. Well there weren’t any so they upgraded us for free and brought out a Ford Explorer, I think, it seared 8. The lady in the garage tried to argue with me when I said there was no trunk space and said “you can put the seat down”. Well let’s see, there will be 7 of us going to th beach, a few days 8 and if I put the seat down we all won’t fit. So they upgraded us even more to a Yukon xl...so we just rented that for this April. We loved all the room! Especially not having to stuff all the chairs in the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!