Alaskan Cruise

lovedisney123

DIS Veteran
The Disney Alaskan cruise is just to expensive for us to consider. So we are thinking of trying another cruise line, only because we want to do an Alaskan cruise. Has anyone done a RCCL Alaskan cruise? Did you enjoy it?

We did a lot of research before our trip last year. I highly recommend choosing an itinerary that includes Glacier Bay. Yes, "but there are other glaciers", and yes "but some people like some of those other glaciers better", and yes "but it isn't all about glaciers", and (and so on and so on and so on). Do yourself a favor and put those "buts" aside. Unless you plan to cruise to Alaska a number of times in the years to come, you owe it to yourself to make the most of your experience and include Glacier Bay.

Including Glacier Bay means either choosing a pricey smaller cruise line, or choosing Holland America or Princess, or NCL. (There are a few Carnival itineraries that include Glacier Bay, but so few that it isn't worth wasting time trying to fit one into your schedule.)

I also highly recommend choosing an itinerary that embarks and/or disembarks in Vancouver BC. It is a little more expensive, and a little more difficult to fly to, but generally those cruises cruise between Vancouver Island and the mainland, which is incredibly scenic, while itineraries that embark and/or disembark in Seattle cruise up to/down from Alaska in the open ocean.

I'm with @vacationer1954 - I looked at itineraries that included Glacier Bay and ultimately went with Princess Cruises. We sailed with them in 2017 and loved it.

We've done RCL to Alaska twice now and would do them again. Both our cruises were 7-nights RT from Seattle. We enjoyed spending a couple of pre-nights in Seattle as well.

I've done Alaska on Princess and Holland also......Holland wins because of Glacier Bay, but Royal beat Princess by a lot.

This time we added on a few extra days of Alaska land tour.....so we fly to Anchorage and come back from Vancouver, BC
(Lived in WA for many years)

We loved our RCCL Alaskan cruise last summer. Our itinerary was RT from Seattle which helped with the price. We saw Tracey Arm Fiord, Victoria Island, Juneau, and Skagway. It was beautiful. We want to go back and hit the northern parts. We had teens, tweens, and elementary age kids in our group of 15. We had a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!