All About the FOOD!!!! An Aug 2018 PTR *8/15 update with Day 8/9 plans*

Alright, friends, a question for you. On our last day, Saturday, Aug 25, we will not be going to a park (our AP expire 8/24). Our flight leaves at 6:25pm, so we have until about 3pm to either go to Disney Springs, or get lunch somewhere else.

Our original thought was to get lunch at Disney Springs, but we don't plan on doing any shopping, so would basically just be going for the food. So DH mentioned the possibility of going to a resort and getting lunch at a quick service other than Disney Springs. I have not really eaten at any resort except for Pop Century, so I don't know which resorts offer QS dining options.

Any suggestions? We have 3 QS meal credits remaining for Saturday, with no entry into the parks.

Thinking we could use 1 credit early, around 10:30-11 (not a fan of breakfast because it's not usually a good deal with the dining plan) and then using the last 2 credits around 1:30pm before we head back to AS Sports and have to leave.

You could go to Captain Cook's at the Poly and take your food out to the patio along side Trader Sam's. Sort of a two-for-one there.
You would have more options if you went to DS though.

You could go to Captain Cook's at the Poly and take your food out to the patio along side Trader Sam's. Sort of a two-for-one there.
You would have more options if you went to DS though.
Yeah, we looked through several of the QS options at DS and weren't super excited about anything there, so we thought we'd look at some other options before making our decision.

36 days!!:hyper: (37, but since it's almost midnight, we won't count today)

I'll be back soon with more plans! :dancer::jumping1:

Day 2! There is early EMH at AK this day, but since we switched our plans for Day 1 when we scored the 9am FOP FP+, that means we are skipping these EMH and going to Epcot first!
2017-08-26 15.38.55.jpg

Normally when we rope drop Epcot we go to Soarin' first, but this time I think we are going to try getting a ride on Test Track first, and then head to Soarin' and then FEA. We have a late lunch ADR at BOG, so we will probably stop at Lotus Blossom Cafe in China when it opens at 11am.
We will head back toward The Land to do LwtL and Nemo. We will try to fit in SE, but that will depend on what the wait time looks like, because we have to get to MK in time for our 1:55pm ADR at BOG. Going to pre-order when it opens up in a few days, planning on getting the braised pork and the french onion soup (Yum!).
2017-08-25 14.45.13.jpg 2017-08-25 14.54.04.jpg
After lunch, our FP+ are for Space, Pan, and 7DMT. We want to do the rides in Fantasyland before dinner at Pinocchio Village Haus, and then heading over to Frontierland and Adventureland to ride BTMRR, Splash and Pirates before finding a spot to watch HEA (hopefully after grabbing some ice cream!).
2017-08-27 21.15.52.jpg
With the updated hours for August, MK is now open until midnight this day, so we will probably head over to Tomorrowland to get some more rides on Space and do some other things over there.
....of course, the evening plans could change somewhat, depending on what we can get for additional FP+

2018-07-13 18.16.02-1.jpg
Got our luggage tags and Magical Express info yesterday!! We won't be using the tags for the flight down, because our flight gets in to MCO at 11:30pm on Aug 16. And because our reservation starts on Aug 17, we have to wait until after midnight before we can take the ME bus to AS Sports, which isn't that big of a deal. After we land we will collect our bag(s?) and find a spot to chill/nap for a few hours in the airport and head to the ME buses around 5am (it will probably be earlier, but that is the current plan...)

Can't wait!!! :cool1:

Capt. Cooke’s is really a good QS for breakfast or lunch. Contempo Cafe is also a good choice!

Day 2 sounds fun. I will miss BoG this trip, Andi wanted to skip since we do it every trip.

Capt. Cooke’s is really a good QS for breakfast or lunch. Contempo Cafe is also a good choice!

Day 2 sounds fun. I will miss BoG this trip, Andi wanted to skip since we do it every trip.
I will have to look at the menus for those! DH keeps asking me if I've made a decision yet for our last day plans.
We are going to BOG twice this time, Saturday and Sunday. I tried to get one for later in the week, but it will be closed during that week for refurbishment. So I'm glad I got the 2 I did :) Usually only do it once, but since we have the QSDP this time, we figured we could do it more than once. We ordered off the kids menu last August.

Thinking about visiting the monorail resorts on our last day, and maybe getting a meal at 2 or all 3 of them to use the rest of our meal credits. Anything we should definitely check out at these resorts if we do? I've never visited them, except while on the monorail on the way to Magic Kingdom :rotfl2:

I'm here!! Sorry, I haven't been on the PTR boards all that much but now that I've started a new PTR I see everyone has theirs up already and I'm so behind!
Plans look great! Will comment more but in all honesty I thought the QS places at the mods and the values were better than the deluxes, just more selection to choose from. My favorite would have to be that muffeletta sandwich from POFQ! And of course beignets for dessert :)
I thought the choices at Yacht club were boring...Contemporary...also boring...GF...the same...lots of sandwichs, pizzas, salads, etc. The Boardwalk only has the Bakery as their quick service, although it's good it's also pretty standard food. The Poly has some unique dishes like Tonga Toast and pulled pork nachos so that could be something to do. I think Wilderness Lodge has some interesting offerings too.
Hope you have a great trip! I'm so happy to finally see a picture of you two! You both are so cute!

I'm here!!
:welcome:

Plans look great!
:thanks:It's a struggle to convince DH that we don't need to completely rearrange things because some hours were extended :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

I thought the QS places at the mods and the values were better than the deluxes
Hmm. Good to know. I still haven't settled on what we will do for sure. DH is still asking about Disney Springs...

pulled pork nachos
I did see these when I glanced at the menus yesterday, and they sound really good!

I'm so happy to finally see a picture of you two! You both are so cute!
Aww, thanks! :lovestruc

I did our mobile order for our BOG lunches today! Ordered the braised pork and french onion soup. Sooo good!! ::yes::

Day 3 starts with us rope dropping DHS! There are early EMH at DHS every day we are there, so that means a super early morning for us. :faint:
We will start at TSL, before heading over to RnR and ToT before they get too busy. Early lunch/brunch at Rosie's All American Cafe, and then the first show of the day of Beauty and the Beast. BatB is one of my favorite Disney movies :love: And then VotLM and Indy before we head over to MK.

We have a couple FP+ for 7DMT and Pan before our lunch ADR at BOG at 2:25. Space Mountain FP+ is after lunch. The rest of the day will be based on what we can get for additional FP+ and whatever has lower wait times. Dinner will probably be at Pinocchio Village Haus.

DH has finally decided he's ready to look at menus and finalize plans for our last day. He says we will probably go to DS :rolleyes1:rotfl2: Guess we'll see what he comes up with :laughing:

I loved the braised pork dish at BoG, yum!

Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie!

Sounds like another fun filled busy day at the World!

Getting so close! 3 weeks from yesterday we will be flying down to MCO! Heading to AK 3 weeks from this morning! :cool1:

Day 4 we will rope drop AK for the 2nd time. Starting with FOP and then NRJ. We have FP+ for FOP, Kali and EE. Lunch will be at Yak & Yeti :hyper:

We are planning on checking out the UP! A Great Bird Adventure show this afternoon. We always enjoyed Flights of Wonder, and are looking forward to the new show. Also hoping to watch our favorite show again, Festival of the Lion King!
2017-08-28 13.43.29.jpg
2017-08-28 13.56.05.jpg
2017-08-28 18.07.40.jpg
Later in the day we will head over to DHS for a few hours.

Getting so close! 3 weeks from yesterday we will be flying down to MCO! Heading to AK 3 weeks from this morning! :cool1:

Day 4 we will rope drop AK for the 2nd time. Starting with FOP and then NRJ. We have FP+ for FOP, Kali and EE. Lunch will be at Yak & Yeti :hyper:

We are planning on checking out the UP! A Great Bird Adventure show this afternoon. We always enjoyed Flights of Wonder, and are looking forward to the new show. Also hoping to watch our favorite show again, Festival of the Lion King!
View attachment 339826
View attachment 339827
View attachment 339828
Later in the day we will head over to DHS for a few hours.
The UP bird show was cute and worth seeing at least once!

Day 5! Another rope drop at AK!
2017-08-26 07.38.04.jpg
Hopefully we'll be closer to the front of the pack for FOP than we were on this morning last year :D
2017-08-26 07.47.56.jpg
2017-08-26 07.50.39.jpg
FP+ are for FOP, Safari and Kali. We will probably have lunch at Satu'li Canteen, DH loves the combination bowl!
We did try the cheeseburger pods last year. I enjoyed them, but DH wasn't very impressed.
2017-08-26 11.45.07.jpg

Probably going to watch Finding Nemo the Musical and then grab a snack at Flame Tree before we head to Epcot for the rest of the day.
2017-08-26 16.57.54.jpg
If the wait times are low-ish, we will do SE and then head to Soarin', and do some other rides in Future World.
Hoping to watch IllumiNations tonight, before riding FEA and maybe heading back over to Soarin' since there is evening EMH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter