What have AP discount benefits looked like in the past? Is it usually not much for dining?

I plan on upgrading my tickets when we arrive on October 2nd but the current 45th anniversary benefits end at the end of this month...hoping they update the website on the 1st!

Last edited:
OK, we finally moved to Florida this past week, delayed a week by hurricane Irma! Have been planning to buy Florida Resident Silver annual passes for DH and I but they no longer show up on the website!! Does anyone know anything about this?? Please tell me that this is some type of website glitch. The only thing it is offering is the platinum pass at twice the price of silver! I would be so bummed...:confused:

OK, we finally moved to Florida this past week, delayed a week by hurricane Irma! Have been planning to buy Florida Resident Silver annual passes for DH and I but they no longer show up on the website!! Does anyone know anything about this?? Please tell me that this is some type of website glitch. The only thing it is offering is the platinum pass at twice the price of silver! I would be so bummed...:confused:

The Silver pass is showing as available for purchase to me right now. Make sure you are logged in on MDE.

Thank you both! I went back in later, I did change my address and was finally able to purchase our silver passes. Doing the happy dance!!! :yay: Planning to pick them up on Wednesday and cruise Food & Wine festival...so excited, can't wait! :love:

Hopefully my last question about upgrading to an AP. I have booked a room/ticket package through Disney and am currently planning on upgrading to an AP once I'm physically in Florida.

If, for some reason, I wanted to upgrade my ticket to an AP right now to receive an AP voucher, can I do that and not the other guest's ticket who is sharing the room? (aka, can I upgrade my package ticket to an AP but still book a package stay? Or is there any benefit/disadvantage to this?)

Hopefully my last question about upgrading to an AP. I have booked a room/ticket package through Disney and am currently planning on upgrading to an AP once I'm physically in Florida.

If, for some reason, I wanted to upgrade my ticket to an AP right now to receive an AP voucher, can I do that and not the other guest's ticket who is sharing the room? (aka, can I upgrade my package ticket to an AP but still book a package stay? Or is there any benefit/disadvantage to this?)
All guests on the package must have the same kind of ticket.

Unless you have booked "free dining" (or similar,) there's no advantage in booking a "package." You can cancel the pkg and book room- only, then buy any kind of tickets, individually, for anyone in the room.

Last edited:

All guests on the package must have the same kind of ticket.

Unless you have booked "free dining" (or similar,) there's no advantage in booking a "package." You can cancel the pkg and book room- only, then buy any kind of tickets, individually, for anyone in the room.

Got it. That makes sense. I'm conflicted about going ahead and purchasing the AP now simply because of the up-front cost. But it's very tempting, especially because I can go ahead and enjoy some of the benefits without activating it.

On upgrading once I get there - I can only upgrade my ticket (bought with the package) and not the other guests staying the room?

Is it normal for Undercover Tourist to ask for a copy of a driver's license and a copy of the credit card last four digits in order to complete a purchase???? My sons college roommate is joining us on a trip in January (we have APs) and when he went to buy tix yesterday they asked for these copies. I told them that wasn't normal. I have never bought from them but it doesn't sound right to me. Thoughts? Other experiences? TIA.

Is it normal for Undercover Tourist to ask for a copy of a driver's license and the credit card last four digits in order to complete a purchase???? My sons college roommate is joining us on a trip in January (we have APs) and when he went to buy tix yesterday they asked for these copies. I told them that wasn't normal. I have never bought from them but it doesn't sound right to me. Thoughts? Other experiences? TIA.

It happens sometimes.

On upgrading once I get there - I can only upgrade my ticket (bought with the package) and not the other guests staying the room?

You can upgrade those others' tickets something other than AP.
(Add "days" and/or Hopper, etc.)

If it's upgrading to AP, all guests 18 yrs and older must be there and present a legal photo ID.

You can upgrade those others' tickets something other than AP.
(Add "days" and/or Hopper, etc.)

If it's upgrading to AP, all guests 18 yrs and older must be there and present a legal photo ID.

Excellent. I wasn't planning on upgrading the AP without the other guest. I just wanted to make sure I could upgrade my ticket to an AP and not upgrade or change the other package person's ticket at all.

Although I think I've pretty much convinced myself to just change my reservation to "room only" and buy an AP for me and tickets for the other guest.

Excellent. I wasn't planning on upgrading the AP without the other guest. I just wanted to make sure I could upgrade my ticket to an AP and not upgrade or change the other package person's ticket at all.

Well, if you don't buy a "package" at all (but just buy tickets separately from any room reservations,)
then each person can decide to upgrade (or not) individually...
either at WDW or before arrival.

Well, if you don't buy a "package" at all (but just buy tickets separately from any room reservations,)
then each person can decide to upgrade (or not) individually...
either at WDW or before arrival.

Thank you, Robo! Very helpful as always. That's part of the reasoning why I think I'll book the room alone and buy tickets separately. I'm definitely getting an AP, the question is only "when."

Can I upgrade a 5 day MYW ticket to the 5 for 7 day DVC ticket?

Tickets that are "upgrades" technically (by Disney rules) must cost the same or more than the original tickets.
(But, sometimes, the rules can be "adjusted" a bit.)

What is the price of your current 5 day ticket, and what is the price of the "5 for 7 day DVC ticket?"

Just bought tickets for my parents in the app. They are linked to their MDE... but they aren't staying on property. Will they get magic bands or cards or anything?

Just bought tickets for my parents in the app. They are linked to their MDE... but they aren't staying on property. Will they get magic bands or cards or anything?

You only get a magic band when you stay on property. Did it give you the option to have tickets sent?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter