Besides the great touring plans ticket comparison link, where else should i be looking for ticket deals?

Quick question about AP expiration date. Our plan is to do a split visit in December 2018. First stay Dec 20-24 when we will first activate our MYW tickets and attend the last party. Then we will spend Christmas with my parents in Ft Lauderdale before going back to WDW Dec 29-January 4.

If I upgrade our tickets to a Platinum or Platinum Plus AP on January 4th 2019, will the expiration date be January 3rd 2020 or 1 year after we used our MYW ticket the first time?

Thank you!

Quick question about AP expiration date. Our plan is to do a split visit in December 2018. First stay Dec 20-24 when we will first activate our MYW tickets and attend the last party. Then we will spend Christmas with my parents in Ft Lauderdale before going back to WDW Dec 29-January 4.

If I upgrade our tickets to a Platinum or Platinum Plus AP on January 4th 2019, will the expiration date be January 3rd 2020 or 1 year after we used our MYW ticket the first time?

Thank you!

From post #5 of this thread:

If upgrading from a MYW ticket, and the MYW ticket has been partially (or fully) used,
the expiration date of the new AP will be set to one year from the date of first use of the original MYW ticket being upgraded.
If the MYW ticket has not been used, the expiration date will be one year from the date of the AP upgrade.

Also, although this year and last year the MVMCP has gone until the 22nd, it had only gone until the 18th before that. It's possible they could go back to that.

From post #5 of this thread:

If upgrading from a MYW ticket, and the MYW ticket has been partially (or fully) used,
the expiration date of the new AP will be set to one year from the date of first use of the original MYW ticket being upgraded.
If the MYW ticket has not been used, the expiration date will be one year from the date of the AP upgrade.

Also, although this year and last year the MVMCP has gone until the 22nd, it had only gone until the 18th before that. It's possible they could go back to that.

Thank you! Can you believe that I looked for that info twice in the first posts without seeing it?!? As for the date of the last party, if it's before the 20th, I guess we'll have to skip it in 2018 and go again in 2019 with our AP to enjoy the festivities!

Hoping for some clarification and hope this is the correct thread. We started our Disney vacation Oct. 29 and upgraded to AP on Nov.1. Our AP's expire Oct 30 (which doesn't make sense to me for either date...). However, we are only able to download PhotoPass from Nov 1 on. The first 3 days watermarked. I have spoken to multiple CMs and been told that is how it works. You only get them from upgrade date not the backdated start date. Is this new? I thought people got them back even further that AP start date. I wouldn't have waited to upgrade I known this. I did eventually get the photos from a kind CM who made an exception- but I'm still bothered by the whole experience.

Hoping for some clarification and hope this is the correct thread. We started our Disney vacation Oct. 29 and upgraded to AP on Nov.1. Our AP's expire Oct 30 (which doesn't make sense to me for either date...). However, we are only able to download PhotoPass from Nov 1 on. The first 3 days watermarked. I have spoken to multiple CMs and been told that is how it works. You only get them from upgrade date not the backdated start date. Is this new? I thought people got them back even further that AP start date. I wouldn't have waited to upgrade I known this. I did eventually get the photos from a kind CM who made an exception- but I'm still bothered by the whole experience.

Those CMs were in error.

But, it had a happy ending, so congratulations!

I was told that they no longer give older photos and it only goes to the date of upgrade, as well (started mine Oct 6). I did not find a kind CM who made an exception, so I have until Nov 20 to decide if I want our Oct 5 pictures for $59.

I was told that they no longer give older photos and it only goes to the date of upgrade, as well (started mine Oct 6). I did not find a kind CM who made an exception, so I have until Nov 20 to decide if I want our Oct 5 pictures for $59.
I am sorry you didn't find a kind CM. Mine was from a call to PhotoPass if that helps. I was so upset about this. But the fact that you were told the same means it makes a bit more sense.

Daughter was offered Disney passes from a friends husband who works at ESPN. Will she have any issues with FP+ or adding them to her magic band?
Thanks for any info provided.

Keep calling.

Daughter was offered Disney passes from a friends husband who works at ESPN. Will she have any issues with FP+ or adding them to her magic band?
Thanks for any info provided.

When you get the passes, put their serial numbers into her MDX account.
If that doesn't work automatically, call WDW Ticketing at

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat.

When you get the passes, put their serial numbers into her MDX account.
If that doesn't work automatically, call WDW Ticketing at

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat.

Thank you! I'll let her know.

I just purchased tickets for MVMCP online today for tomorrow's party. The confirmation says to pick up the tickets at Will Call. The tickets are showing up in my MDE. Do I still need to go to Will Call, or will the CMs at the tapstiles access it from my MB?

I just purchased tickets for MVMCP online today for tomorrow's party. The confirmation says to pick up the tickets at Will Call. The tickets are showing up in my MDE. Do I still need to go to Will Call, or will the CMs at the tapstiles access it from my MB?

You can just use your MB.

Good morning all!

We will have a quick trip with a 1 day ticket plus MVMCP in mid December. We will also have a trip with a 5 day ticket in early February. How will we/the scanners know which tickets to use in the proper order?

I sure hope I explained that correctly o_O

We will have a quick trip with a 1 day ticket plus MVMCP in mid December. We will also have a trip with a 5 day ticket in early February. How will we/the scanners know which tickets to use in the proper order?

Before you go to a park gate, stop by any ticket booth or Guest Relations and have the CM set the PRIORITY of
your tickets so that the ticket that you want to use at the first park entry is set to the HIGHEST PRIORITY.

Getting ready to upgrade and want to confirm my Disney math!

I have 7-day MYW park hoppers (adult) purchased before 2/12/17 that I want to upgrade to DVC Platinum Plus APs (taking advantage of the current promotion). The price of the current DVC AP is $595.34. I believe the pre 2/12/17 gate price is $467.54, though I paid less through UT. (I don't think my actual cost matters.)

First, can someone confirm the pre 2/12/17 gate price of my ticket? Secondly, if the CM processes correctly, with price bridging, should I pay $127.80 per ticket ($595.34 - $467.54)?

Want to make sure I'm prepared!

Just returned from our trip and wanted to share my experience. I upgraded our park hoppers at DHS Guest Relations. I was prepared to pay the $127.80 per ticket, but was charged only $57 and change. Not sure if the policy has been amended, or if it was an honest mistake, or we received some pixie dust -- but needless to say I was happy! The CM bridged our tickets to the current gate price instead of the pre 2/12/17 gate price. (Of course Disney received my savings right back in other ways, but it was a nice surprise!)

Just returned from our trip and wanted to share my experience. I upgraded our park hoppers at DHS Guest Relations. I was prepared to pay the $127.80 per ticket, but was charged only $57 and change. Not sure if the policy has been amended, or if it was an honest mistake, or we received some pixie dust -- but needless to say I was happy! The CM bridged our tickets to the current gate price instead of the pre 2/12/17 gate price. (Of course Disney received my savings right back in other ways, but it was a nice surprise!)

Sounds great!
Thanks for posting your experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!