The "Only shared plans" options only works one way. Since you have it set for your connected friends, they won't see any of your plans they are not included in. In order for you not to see all of your friends plans (that you are not included in), they also need to set the view only shared plans option in their Family & Friends list.

Go back to your Family & Friends list and click 'Add a Guest' again. The default option is to show "People you may know" which will include managed profiles of connected friends. If you select those you want to make plans for, an email will be sent to the managing account for approval. Once approved, you will be able to make plans for them.
Thank you so much!!! How do people navigate Disney anymore without these boards for help!?:rotfl:

So I read through the upgrade part, and I see you can upgrade the FL resident passes that last 6 months after the 14 days. I have the DVC pass that they offered that is good for 6 months and I am hoping I can do the same thing. Does anyone know if that can be done? I used 4 of the 7 days in September already, so way past the 14 days.

Just want to confirm that I was able to upgrade this pass.

Hoping for help on this one — we have unused 2day PH tickets we had to purchase for our free dining offer from last year. Since we have an AP, we didn’t need them but would like to apply the cost of those tickets to our AP renewal. They are listed on MDX. We will be at Disney in April, but leaving a couple of days before the 60-day renewal window. Will we be able to renew online or over the phone, and still apply those tickets to our renewal cost?

Hoping for help on this one — we have unused 2day PH tickets we had to purchase for our free dining offer from last year. Since we have an AP, we didn’t need them but would like to apply the cost of those tickets to our AP renewal. They are listed on MDX. We will be at Disney in April, but leaving a couple of days before the 60-day renewal window. Will we be able to renew online or over the phone, and still apply those tickets to our renewal cost?

When you are at WDW, go to a Guest Relations and explain.
They can help you either do the renewal early, or set up a file that will allow you to renew using the value of the older tickets when you are back home.

Read through the last few pages and didn't see my question - hoping someone can answer - tickets that are bought now - do they expire at the end of this year or the end of 2019 or no one knows? :)

Special Tickets (generally, not fully available to all USA residents at all times.)

Military Tickets -

These are tickets similar to MYW tickets and can be sold at various military bases and at the Shades of Green Resort at WDW.
These Military Tickets are not only price-discounted, but Florida Sales Tax is not charged.

Military "Non-Salute" Tickets can be upgraded similarly to regular MYW tickets.
They can be "price bridged" to the current gate price of the equivalent ticket.
These are subject to the same rules as MYW ticket upgrades:
Must be done within 14 days of first use and with entitlements still remaining on the ticket.

Military "Salute" Tickets can only be upgraded in limited ways.
There's a 5 day option this year, so someone with a 4 day Salute ticket can add the extra day. They can also add either option they didn't already have (PH or WPF&M).
This can be done up until the ticket is expired, regardless of entitlements remaining.

Any of the military tickets, Salute or not, can be upgraded to an AP.
But, the Salute tickets only get price bridged to their own equivalent gate price, with tax included - not to the full price of a regular 4 or 5 day PH/WPF&M.
If any WPF&M entries have been used, the ticket can only be upgraded to the Platinum Plus pass.

Some military tickets have been subject to blackout dates.
It appears that at least for the rest of 2017, there are no blackout dates, and
that valid admission dates run through December 19, 2017.

Ticket purchases are generally considered to be "non-refundable."

Hi! :wave: I'm helping a coworker to plan a last minute trip that's about two weeks away. He is a member of the military eligible to purchase "Salute" tickets, and he plans to do this upon arrival at WDW. It appears that - unlike MYW tickets - the entitlements on Salute tickets could be used on more than one trip; is that correct? For example, if he purchased a 5-day ticket and used three days on the upcoming trip, could he return for two more days anytime before December 19, 2018? TIA!

Read through the last few pages and didn't see my question - hoping someone can answer - tickets that are bought now - do they expire at the end of this year or the end of 2019 or no one knows? :)

Nothing has changed as far as I know, so I'd expect Dec. 31, 2018.

Below is from the current WDW tickets page:
Multi-day tickets are valid for one theme park per day for each day of the ticket. The first use must be on or before December 31, 2018.

Hi! :wave: I'm helping a coworker to plan a last minute trip that's about two weeks away. He is a member of the military eligible to purchase "Salute" tickets, and he plans to do this upon arrival at WDW.

1. It appears that - unlike MYW tickets - the entitlements on Salute tickets could be used on more than one trip; is that correct?
2. For example, if he purchased a 5-day ticket and used three days on the upcoming trip, could he return for two more days anytime before December 19, 2018? TIA!

1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Based on your question, I just edited/updated my Sticky post with the 2018 dates.
Thanks!

Last edited:
AP - Confirming:

Just purchased my first AP. I'm going with a CM at the end of Jan so won't use it (Main Gate Pass). I just want to confirm that the AP will not be automatically activated while I'm there and using my MB. (beacuse I won't be using the MB to enter the parks - only for charging and Resort entry) That I can wait and activate it in Sept when I go again.

AP - Confirming:

Just purchased my first AP. I'm going with a CM at the end of Jan so won't use it (Main Gate Pass). I just want to confirm that the AP will not be automatically activated while I'm there and using my MB. (beacuse I won't be using the MB to enter the parks - only for charging and Resort entry) That I can wait and activate it in Sept when I go again.

Correct - entering a park doesn't activate an AP.

Glad I'm wrapping my head around it! I guess it really isn't that complicated. But it's so nice to have a place like this and people like you to talk with about it.

I'll be going in Sept and will activate my AP then.

A fun little aside: I was cleaning off my desk a few days ago and found a payroll check for almost the exact amount of an AP hidden under papers since April of 2016. Kinda like free money...

Okay no judgment that I hadn't cleaned up my desk in 21 months

Hi Pam!
1. Just their original intent.
2. There should not be any "specific" DQ options.
DQ was just one of the multiple choices you could make. (You still can choose from the remaining options.)
(Mini Golf should be one of the choices you can make.)

Thank you Robo!!!!

Hello, not sure if i should pose this in its own thread or part of this.

i have been to Disney a number of times but always purchased tickets from Disney. I found this site and see these brokers mentioned one of which is boardwalkticketing.com With the cost of the 7 tickets I am buying simply a bit nervous of going outside of what i am used to so hoping people have had some experience one way or the other.

I can't find a whole lot on them but wondering if anyone has had issue using them or if they are legit? We are coming the first week of February.

i have been to Disney a number of times but always purchased tickets from Disney. I found this site and see these brokers mentioned one of which is boardwalkticketing.com With the cost of the 7 tickets I am buying simply a bit nervous of going outside of what i am used to so hoping people have had some experience one way or the other.

I can't find a whole lot on them but wondering if anyone has had issue using them or if they are legit? We are coming the first week of February.
I haven’t purchased a ticket directly thru Disney for many years. I haven’t used Boardwalk ticketing but I have used Undercover Tourist and Parksavers. Haven’t had a problem yet.

THANK YOU - I looked for that info and for some reason...couldn't find it!!

Its in the disclaimer section at the bottom of the page.

BoardwalkTicketing is a Disney World authorized ticket reseller/discounter.

I have an AP that expires 30 Jan. However, MDE is letting me make FP+ reservations up to 1 Feb. Would I still be able to get in the parks then? Is there an unspoken 2-day grace period?

I have an AP that expires 30 Jan. However, MDE is letting me make FP+ reservations up to 1 Feb.
1. Would I still be able to get in the parks then?
2. Is there an unspoken 2-day grace period?

1. Doubtful.
Does the AP show in your MDE that it expires on 30 Jan.?
If it does then, you should be able to use the AP thru that date.

2. No.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter