Yes.

5-Day PH PLUS (with Water Parks and More) Current Price: $489.90
-Minus-
5-Day PH (Disney price prior to Feb. 12, 2017) $435.59
-Equals-
Price to upgrade (including tax) $54.31
Thank you, Robo! You’ve been very helpful. :)

For upgrading, it doesn’t matter what you paid for the UT tickets.
Each will be worth $467.54 in the upgrade.
So, subtract 467.54 from 528.18 and that’s what upgrading to an 8-day PH will cost (unless there is a price increase before your trip.)
Thank you! I'm glad I asked before I made my final decision. $120 to be able to spend a few hours in a park is not worth it, so I'll be rethinking our plans on our departure day.

I'm new to the idea of price bridging, but we are on a super tight budget this trip! Can someone please explain to me like 5 year old? I saw that there is a great deal on OTC for 3 day tickets with free upgrade to park hopper for $280. If I buy those and bring them in to upgrade to 4 day park hoppers on arrival, I *think* that means that I would pay the difference between the 3 day PH cost from Disney at the time of issue and the 4 day PH sot from Disney currently - eg. 81.00 each? Is that the idea?

A. OTC... 3 day tickets with park hopper $280.
upgrade to 4 day park hoppers on arrival,
B. I would pay the difference between the 3 day PH cost from Disney and the 4 day PH from Disney
C. - eg. 81.00 each? Is that the idea?

A. OK.
B. Yes.
Disney Price>
3-Day PH $371.69 (including tax)
4-Day PH $462.53 (including tax)
C. Yes. $80.94 (including tax)

Awesome, thank you! Word problems were never my strong suit in school. :-) That is really helpful!

We are planning on doing Disney in November 2019 for 2 adults and 2 kids. We plan on being in the parks 8 days. I was planning on getting the kids and wife 8 day tickets and getting myself an annual pass so that we can get lodging discounts (hoping they will still have that but based on past history there is a good chance). We are planning on getting tickets now before any price increases that may occur. Currently an 8 day adult before tax is $420 and an AP is $779. We would get Memory Maker which is a $169 savings as its included in the AP. So with no other discounts we would be paying an extra $190 for the AP. Based on the past 2 years in November the lodging discount has been between 20-30%, so with 9 nights it will more than make up that difference as well as maybe 2 dining experiences. I have a couple questions on how things will work:

1. If I don't activate the AP until we check in in November, how does the discount work? I want to have the reservation well in advance so we can make fast pass reservations and dining. Will they just give me the discount when I check in and show the AP?
2. Similar question on dining reservations and how discount would be applied? I can't remember if you pay up front when placing the reservation or at restaurant, if it's up front how do I get an AP discount?
3. Will I still be able to do fastpasses with the AP if it is linked to a lodging reservation?
4. If the AP comes with Memory Maker and my reservation is linked to the wife and kids, will all of their pictures be included in my account when I am not in the picture?
5. Will open it up if anyone else has any other tips/tricks/things to know based on my situation I described above.

We are planning on doing Disney in November 2019 for 2 adults and 2 kids. We plan on being in the parks 8 days. I was planning on getting the kids and wife 8 day tickets and getting myself an annual pass so that we can get lodging discounts (hoping they will still have that but based on past history there is a good chance). We are planning on getting tickets now before any price increases that may occur. Currently an 8 day adult before tax is $420 and an AP is $779. We would get Memory Maker which is a $169 savings as its included in the AP. So with no other discounts we would be paying an extra $190 for the AP. Based on the past 2 years in November the lodging discount has been between 20-30%, so with 9 nights it will more than make up that difference as well as maybe 2 dining experiences. I have a couple questions on how things will work:

1. If I don't activate the AP until we check in in November, how does the discount work? I want to have the reservation well in advance so we can make fast pass reservations and dining. Will they just give me the discount when I check in and show the AP?
2. Similar question on dining reservations and how discount would be applied? I can't remember if you pay up front when placing the reservation or at restaurant, if it's up front how do I get an AP discount?
3. Will I still be able to do fastpasses with the AP if it is linked to a lodging reservation?
4. If the AP comes with Memory Maker and my reservation is linked to the wife and kids, will all of their pictures be included in my account when I am not in the picture?
5. Will open it up if anyone else has any other tips/tricks/things to know based on my situation I described above.
1. No AP needed to book AP room. Activate AP after arrival.
No worries about “showing” AP at your resort. AP will be in your file.
2. Show AP card at meal. You don’t order or pay for meals when you make reservations.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Last edited:

We have an upcoming trip in late March, booked as a package, which includes 10 day tickets.
How can I find out what my cost for my ticket (per person) was in order to know what the cost of an upgrade to AP would cost me?

Also, even though there's 5 of us on the package, can I upgrade only one of us to AP? If yes, is there a benefit to doing this? I actually already have a free Memory Maker on this trip, and our parking is free since we are staying on property. Wasn't sure if the cost of an upgrade would be worth any AP discount I might receive during the trip and the following year on merchandise I order online, as we will NOT be visiting the parks again during that year.

We have an upcoming trip in late March, booked as a package, which includes 10 day tickets.
1. How can I find out what my cost for my ticket (per person) was in order to know what the cost of an upgrade to AP would cost me?
Also, even though there's 5 of us on the package,
2. can I upgrade only one of us to AP? If yes, is there a benefit to doing this? I actually already have a free Memory Maker on this trip, and our parking is free since we are staying on property.
3. Wasn't sure if the cost of an upgrade would be worth any AP discount I might receive during the trip and the following year on merchandise I order online, as we will NOT be visiting the parks again during that year.

1. Tickets in a package can be price-bridged when upgrading, so it doesn't matter what you "paid" for them.
They will be worth the same as a full-price new WDW ticket was on the date that the package was booked.
2. After you arrive, each ticket can upgraded (or not) as you like.
3. No way to know.
I, personally, would not get an AP unless it was for actual park visiting purposes.
But, that decision is up to your needs.

My apologies if I missed this info, but I have tried to find it.

I am late planning an upcoming end of February visit. Planning on buying 3-day tickets from Undercover tourist for most people in my party, and buying qty 2 - 1-day park tickets from WDW for my parents.

I would like an AP - and one reason is for discounted "Disney After Hours" tickets that I am just slightly worried about selling out before we get there (for March 1st). (Also planning a return trip)
If I buy the AP from WDW - I could use gift cards that I purchase from Target for 5% off. Would I be able to purchase discounted DAH tickets for AP holders with just a "voucher"?
If I buy a 3-day ticket from UT for me, I could upgrade upon arrival, and then purchase Disney After Dark. (I would save $$ buying tickets from UT and could keep that discount and pay the remainder with the discounted Disney GCs for the upgrade).be t

I am hoping to do this soon so I have a chance for FPs...booked a throwaway room (For Magic Bands, free parking for 2 of the days, FP) - but booking too late to get the 60-day window...trying to at least beat the 30-dayers in the pool as we arrive on 2/26.

I want the PhotoPass perk right away for the first pic walking down main street (So I want to get AP right away), I don't want to inconvenience my whole party by going to Guest Relations on way in (though maybe I could swing it when we first get to Orlando going by myself to get this business done).

A) How should I buy my AP - saving money is important - but minimizing these issues might be more important
B) Just clarifying that if my parents using the 1 day park tickets do decide to upgrade - they HAVE to do it before leaving the park that day, right?

Thank you so much for all your helpful answers - especially Robo!

I am late planning an upcoming end of February visit. Planning on buying 3-day tickets from Undercover tourist for most people in my party, and buying qty 2 - 1-day park tickets from WDW for my parents.

I would like an AP - and one reason is for discounted "Disney After Hours" tickets that I am just slightly worried about selling out before we get there (for March 1st). (Also planning a return trip)
If I buy the AP from WDW - I could use gift cards that I purchase from Target for 5% off.

1. Would I be able to purchase discounted DAH tickets for AP holders with just a "voucher"?
2. If I buy a 3-day ticket from UT for me, I could upgrade upon arrival, and then purchase Disney After Dark. (I would save $$ buying tickets from UT and could keep that discount and pay the remainder with the discounted Disney GCs for the upgrade).

3. I want the PhotoPass perk right away for the first pic walking down main street (So I want to get AP right away), I don't want to inconvenience my whole party by going to Guest Relations on way in
4. (though maybe I could swing it when we first get to Orlando going by myself to get this business done).

A) How should I buy my AP - saving money is important - but minimizing these issues might be more important
B) Just clarifying that if my parents using the 1 day park tickets do decide to upgrade - they HAVE to do it before leaving the park that day, right?
1. Maybe. I don't know, for sure.
(I have also seen posts from guests who were able to get a refund for the difference (to AP price) for tickets purchased before owning their AP.)
2. Yup.
3. Don't sweat over this. You can have photos taken even before you get the AP, and the photos will become available upon getting the AP.
4. That would work.
A) You described the ways. (I favor the one I marked with #2.)
B) Just before the "close-of-business" that day.

Last edited:
oh my, the expiration date on MYW tickets has me so confused. i always purchase my WDW tickets from the ITT/MWR office to get the best price. I'm a civilian employee of DoD so I don't get the "salute" rate, but the ticket pricing is very good. The only problem is their agents can't answer my questions about the new expiration dates on these tickets. In Nov 2016, I tried to buy 7day PH for a trip in March 2017 but they wouldn't allow that because they said the tickets were going to expire in Dec 2016, so I had to buy my tickets on Jan 3, 2017 & tickets didn't arrive until Feb 1 (it takes 15+ business days for WDW to arrive) so i missed my 60 day FP window.

FYI, the tickets I've purchased from ITT/MWR have always been the regular credit card looking park tickets, not any special military type ticket. i'm able to enter the numbers on the back of each into MDE so I'm sure they're the same as I would get straight from Disney.

1. We're planning to go again in March of 2020, so will that still be the case? if i bought MYW/PH tickets in Nov 2019, they have to be used in the parks by Dec 2019?
2. It looks like the expiration date info just came out in Feb 2017, so would i have to wait to see what Disney does after the price increase in Feb 2018 to receive a better answer to my question?
3. i did read the 1st page of the post but it wasn't clear on how the determination of "use by" dates are. it just says "will expire in 9-24(?) months" which will be printed on the ticket only after i've purchased it. that uncertainty concerns me, so the bottom line question is... when should i purchase my tickets for March 2020 in time to make my FP window without having the expiration date lapse before my trip?

hello, my name is Syndy & i'm an over-uber planner....:faint: TIA for any advice you can send my way.

oh my, the expiration date on MYW tickets has me so confused. i always purchase my WDW tickets from the ITT/MWR office to get the best price. I'm a civilian employee of DoD so I don't get the "salute" rate, but the ticket pricing is very good. The only problem is their agents can't answer my questions about the new expiration dates on these tickets.

A. In Nov 2016, I tried to buy 7day PH for a trip in March 2017 but they wouldn't allow that because they said the tickets were going to expire in Dec 2016, so I had to buy my tickets on Jan 3, 2017 & tickets didn't arrive until Feb 1 (it takes 15+ business days for WDW to arrive) so i missed my 60 day FP window.

B. FYI, the tickets I've purchased from ITT/MWR have always been the regular credit card looking park tickets, not any special military type ticket. i'm able to enter the numbers on the back of each into MDE so I'm sure they're the same as I would get straight from Disney.

1. We're planning to go again in March of 2020, so will that still be the case? if i bought MYW/PH tickets in Nov 2019, they have to be used in the parks by Dec 2019?
2. It looks like the expiration date info just came out in Feb 2017, so would i have to wait to see what Disney does after the price increase in Feb 2018 to receive a better answer to my question?
3. i did read the 1st page of the post but it wasn't clear on how the determination of "use by" dates are. it just says "will expire in 9-24(?) months" which will be printed on the ticket only after i've purchased it. that uncertainty concerns me, so the bottom line question is... when should i purchase my tickets for March 2020 in time to make my FP window without having the expiration date lapse before my trip?

A. In 2016, MagicYourWay tickets ("regular" WDW tickets) did not have expiration dates.
B. Very likely. And, if so, the info you were given back then was incorrect (likely due to the folks you asked getting confused as to the differences between "Military ticket" rules and MagicYourWay ticket rules.)

1. & 2. If you buy tickets NOW... they DO have expiration dates. Tickets bought now will expire either on Dec. 31, 2018 or Dec. 31, 2019.
3. That's because the DATE on which you actually buy your ticket... may be within 9-24 months of the fixed expiration date for that ticket.
I could not state a flat "6 months" (or some such time) as I can't predict WHEN a guest would actually purchase her ticket.
The expiration date will (eventually) be shown on the WDW ticket page (which is in a slight state of "flux" at the moment.)
It is safe to assume that tickets bought in the next few months would very likely expire before your March 2020 trip.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
A. In 2016, MagicYourWay tickets ("regular" WDW tickets) did not have expiration dates.
B. Very likely. And, if so, the info you were given back then was incorrect (likely due to the folks you asked getting confused as to the differences between "Military ticket" rules and MagicYourWay ticket rules.)

1. & 2. If you buy tickets NOW... they DO have expiration dates. Tickets bought now will expire either on Dec. 31, 2018 or Dec. 31, 2019.
3. That's because WHEN you DO buy your ticket... it may be within 9-24 months of the fixed expiration date. The expiration date will (eventually) be shown on the WDW ticket page (which is in a slight state of "flux" at the moment.
It is safe to assume that tickets bought in the next few months would very likely expire before your March 2020 trip.
Stay tuned.

thank you so much for your speedy reply. i'll definitely stay tuned to get a better idea of when to buy! i appreciate you & all your work on this thread!

Sorry if you already touched on this, Robo, but a question about bridging tickets.

We finally being stationed close enough for APs to be worth it (we also hold Florida residency while my husband is in the military - our licenses show a FL address and we have a permanent address in FL). Planning a May '18 trip that my kids and I will definitely go on, but not sure about my husband.

I saw that FL tickets can be bridged within 6 months but what about military tickets (namely the Salute one)? The kids and I are getting APs but since my husband's future plans are unclear, we don't want to buy him an AP just yet if he will be gone for 6+ months. I know the voucher is good for a while but one less AP payment would be nice.

If my husband can come to this May trip but still not sure about plans after that, would we be better off getting him the military Salute or spending the couple extra dollars for a FL ticket and a longer period to bridge to an AP if he does stay stateside?

Sorry if you already touched on this, Robo, but a question about bridging tickets.

We finally being stationed close enough for APs to be worth it (we also hold Florida residency while my husband is in the military - our licenses show a FL address and we have a permanent address in FL). Planning a May '18 trip that my kids and I will definitely go on, but not sure about my husband.

I saw that FL tickets can be bridged within 6 months but what about military tickets (namely the Salute one)? The kids and I are getting APs but since my husband's future plans are unclear, we don't want to buy him an AP just yet if he will be gone for 6+ months. I know the voucher is good for a while but one less AP payment would be nice.

If my husband can come to this May trip but still not sure about plans after that, would we be better off getting him the military Salute or spending the couple extra dollars for a FL ticket and a longer period to bridge to an AP if he does stay stateside?

If purchased directly from Disney, no “price bridge” for either kind of ticket.
You can upgrade, but you will only be given what you originally paid
for the original ticket towards the AP.
If you get the Military Salute tickets at a discount from a third party, those tickets can be brought up to Military Salute “gate price” with tax, for the upgrade transaction.

Last edited:
My family of 4 are going to Disney. (My kids are 5.5 and 4.5 years old). This will be my kids first trip to Disney and my second. We cannot make a decision on tickets. We are in Orlando for 8 full days but want at most 6 days at parks.

Can we save money and be satisfied with a 5 day park hopper? Or will we need 6 days? Will we regret if we save money and have 6 day 1PPD ticket instead of hoppers? My husband and I go back and forth!
Can we upgrade 3 days into it or will we still end up paying the same if not more for the extra day or hopper upgrade?

If anyone can help. Please and thank you!
Also, we are using the Canadian resident special offer so I'm not sure if those are able to upgrade??

First time AP holder here (Thanks Robo - upgraded this past Thursday, and calculations matched to the exact penny thanks to all of your help). During the upgrade, the CAM asked if I wanted to opt into communications from WDW regarding AP news, promotions, etc. I responded Yes, and he confirmed my email address.

I have not received any email from WDW confirming that I am now an AP. I didn't know if this was standard procedure or anything, and the CM didn't offer up much other information and also didn't reference any websites or pamphlets with pertinent info. It shows up correctly within my MDE. Is there somewhere I should look regarding the AP Magicband I will be receiving, or does it just get sent to my home automatically? Sorry about the newbie questions, I just thought there would be more communications forthcoming...

Thanks everyone!

My family of 4 are going to Disney. (My kids are 5.5 and 4.5 years old). This will be my kids first trip to Disney and my second. We cannot make a decision on tickets. We are in Orlando for 8 full days but want at most 6 days at parks.

1. Can we save money and be satisfied with a 5 day park hopper? Or will we need 6 days?

2. Will we regret if we save money and have 6 day 1PPD ticket instead of hoppers? My husband and I go back and forth!

3. Can we upgrade 3 days into it or will we still end up paying the same
4. if not more for the extra day or hopper upgrade?

If anyone can help. Please and thank you!
Also, we are using the Canadian resident special offer so I'm not sure if those are able to upgrade??
1. A completely personal decision.
I, myself, like to spend as many days in the parks, per trip, as I can.

2.3. 4. (The below assumes that there is no ticket price increase between the time that you buy your original tickets and when you make your trip to WDW.)
It will cost the same amount to add another day to a 5-day ticket (making it into a 6-day ticket) at any point during your trip,
as it will to buy the 6-day ticket to begin-with. So, no "savings" or "loss," money-wise.
But, what you will lose is the ability to make any advance FP+ for that 6th day until you do
add that extra day.
You can ADD the Hopper option at any time during the trip (if you decide you want it) for the same cost as buying it before the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter