Thank You! :)

Thank you.
$595.34
= 46.86 per ticket upgrade Correct.

2. Nope.
But, if these are package tickets, they will not automatically become active until the DATE that you are to check-in.

BTW, if you use ON-LINE check-in and set your arrival time for early in the morning,
you will never need to go to the resort's check-in desk,
and all rights and privileges of a resort guest will
kick in automatically at the very beginning of check-in day.

Annual Pass guests can get a special package with a dining plan but no tickets.
The “ticketless” package is available to book only with a travel agent or over the phone with Disney.
Actually, 1 other way to purchase the dining plan with an AP. If you check out online with an AP rate room in your cart MDE will allow you to add the dining plan to your cart. You then purchase a ticketless package and it works just like any other package would.

Actually, 1 other way to purchase the dining plan with an AP. If you check out online with an AP rate room in your cart MDE will allow you to add the dining plan to your cart. You then purchase a ticketless package and it works just like any other package would.
Thanks for the additional info.
I don't really understand the difference, but that's OK.
We never buy any dining plan, ever.
I've never been able to make it save us any money, as
we simply do not over-eat at the astounding rate that makes the "plan" pay off.
We only eat one sit-down meal a day (at home or at WDW) and it's generally lunch. We never order dessert or snacks. We are far out of the "sweet spot" that makes a dining plan worth the cost.

Thanks for the additional info.
I don't really understand the difference, but that's OK.
We never buy any dining plan, ever.
I've never been able to make it save us any money, as
we simply do not over-eat at the astounding rate that makes the "plan" pay off.
We only eat one sit-down meal a day (at home or at WDW) and it's generally lunch. We never order dessert or snacks. We are far out of the "sweet spot" that makes a dining plan worth the cost.
Oh, I don't buy it either but I do see the option to add it to my purchase when I have a room booked with an AP rate in my cart. And when you add it you then covert to a $200 deposit vs. 1 night stay, etc.
We don't eat to fit the plan either. Not enough QS to suit us and no way to eat enough TS meals to use any of the other plans either. Only way to do it is if we had 2 rooms, 1 with Deluxe, 1 without and we all split 1 package. Then maybe.

Yes, I have done it twice now, in April and last week. Got the 13 month renewal both times

I'll warn you though, I either hit a really bad run of luck or there is something up but both times I had the CM tell me they are no longer using existing tickets to renew AP but they did it for me this 1 time per AP and we can't ever do it again. So far I'm the only one to have reported this but I was told the same exact thing and had to go through the same exact process both times, a month apart, different locations, different CM. So be ready to "fight" for your renewal

A few years ago, at AK, I had the same thing happen. I was trying to use a 2day PH ticket to renew my AP and I was given the 3rd degree. My experience was the same as yours!

I've got a membership through my office to TicketsAtWork. They are currently promoting 5 days for the price of 4. Have others used TicketsAtWork? Are they easy? How do I link to my online Disney Experience Account? It has been a LONG time since I was there and so much has changed!

I've got a membership through my office to TicketsAtWork.
1. They are currently promoting 5 days for the price of 4.
2. Have others used TicketsAtWork?
3. Are they easy?
4. How do I link to my online Disney Experience Account? It has been a LONG time since I was there and so much has changed!
1. That may or may not be a particularly good price.
How much are they charging?
2. Many have bought from TaW.
3. I don't know what you mean by "easy." They are no more difficult than buying elsewhere.
There is some talk that TaW tickets cannot be upgraded. If that's the case, make sure
that you buy the exact tickets that you need.
4. When you get the ticket, you put its number into your MDE account under "Tickets."

I've got a membership through my office to TicketsAtWork. They are currently promoting 5 days for the price of 4. Have others used TicketsAtWork? Are they easy? How do I link to my online Disney Experience Account? It has been a LONG time since I was there and so much has changed!

Last night, Undercovertourist was selling buy 4 days park hopping, get 7. It was a flash sale that may not be still on today, but if it is, it's a better deal.

I have found TaW to be misleading. The first price displayed does not include tax. Once you go to your cart like you are about to checkout, the prices are usually pretty close to Disney.
Last night, Undercovertourist was selling buy 4 days park hopping, get 7. It was a flash sale that may not be still on today, but if it is, it's a better deal.
I tried around 10:30 to get these. I was lucky enough to get two. About an hour later, the "flash sale" banner was replaced with a regular "buy 3 days, get 1 free" promo. I think the sale may have ended or the inventory is gone.

I have found TaW to be misleading. The first price displayed does not include tax. Once you go to your cart like you are about to checkout, the prices are usually pretty close to Disney.

I tried around 10:30 to get these. I was lucky enough to get two. About an hour later, the "flash sale" banner was replaced with a regular "buy 3 days, get 1 free" promo. I think the sale may have ended or the inventory is gone.

Wow! I got my whole extended family to buy them last night. Good thing I let them know right away. My sister-in-law had to do two transactions to buy her two tickets.

Well, I would tell people who aren't going right away to keep their eyes peeled for another flash sale at UCT and also at Parksavers which is where I bought mine last year.

Hi all!

This thread is full of great information! I've spent a lot of time reading through the posts but didn't see anything that references what we are looking to do:

We are huge Disneyland fans (live in Seattle) and purchased two APs for DLR resort in January when they had the 13-for-12 promotion. We haven't activated these passes yet and plan to do so the first week in November.

In February we found ourselves in Orlando for work and were going to extend our stay to enjoy WDW for the first time and purchased 8-day MYW tickets through th convention program. Due to issues we decided to put it off until October.

I was thinking on my way home last week, would it be possible to:

1. activate our Disneyland APs at WDW and upgrade to Disney Premier Passport?
  2. apply our 8-day MYW ticket value towards the upgrade?

I did the math and with our intent to visit WDW at least one or two more times next calendar year, the inclusion of memory maker, and having no blackout dates in Disneyland, it would only cost about $550 total to upgrade.

Has anyone experienced this kind of activation, upgrade, and application of tickets before?

Many thanks in advance!

Your friend in Mickey
My understanding is that you cannot combine 2 tickets toward a single AP, even if one ticket is for DL and one ticket is for WDW and you want a Premier AP good for both parks. We tried this at DL in 2011 and they were not able to apply the WDW multi-day ticket to the DL AP for a Premier AP. Of course, as with everything Disney, your mileage may vary.

I have a free dining package booked in September with the required PH tickets. They are 5-day tickets and we are interested in changing them when we arrive to base tickets with more days but even a 10-day base ticket still costs less than the 5-day PH. I'm not expecting to get money back... I just won't use hopping because of my three young kids and would rather switch the tickets to more days. Any change they'd allow this ?

I have a free dining package booked in September with the required PH tickets. They are 5-day tickets and we are interested in changing them when we arrive to base tickets with more days but even a 10-day base ticket still costs less than the 5-day PH. I'm not expecting to get money back... I just won't use hopping because of my three young kids and would rather switch the tickets to more days. Any change they'd allow this ?

This one is easy.
The minimum ticket requirement for Free Dining is a 2-day Hopper. It's cost is $259 adult, plus tax.

A. Right now being so far before your check-in date you should have no trouble changing your tickets in the package.
Just call right now and change everyone's ticket to a 2-day Hopper.
Then, after you check in, upgrade the tickets to 10-day Base ($440 adult, plus tax.)
EDIT: But, if you drop all the way down to 2-day PH tickets, you can only make advanced FP+
for two days, total.
You could drop down to a 4-day PH ticket ($425 +tax) and still be making an UPgrade to a 10-day base. And make FP+ reservations for 4 days.

B. AFAIK, since the tickets that you WANT cost more than the MINIMUM for the Free Dining...
I believe you could actually call right now and change all tickets to the
10-day base tickets, and be done with it.
(If not, fall back to my "plan A" above.)

Last edited:
This one is easy.
The minimum ticket requirement for Free Dining is a 2-day Hopper. It's cost is $259 adult, plus tax.

A. Right now being so far before your check-in date you should have no trouble changing your tickets in the package.
Just call right now and change everyone's ticket to a 2-day Hopper.
Then, after you check in, upgrade the tickets to 10-day Base ($440 adult, plus tax.)

B. AFAIK, since the tickets that you WANT cost more than the MINIMUM for the Free Dining...
I believe you could actually call right now and change all tickets to the
10-day base tickets, and be done with it.
(If not, fall back to my "plan A" above.)
Initially I was considering dropping the tickets down to a 3-day ticket and then upgrading when we arrive but my husband was concerned they wouldn't allow it (because of free dining) and we would not be able to do FP+ at 60 days for the other days.

I will ask my TA about option B. Thanks!

1. Initially I was considering dropping the tickets down to a 3-day ticket and then upgrading when we arrive but my husband was concerned they wouldn't allow it (because of free dining) and we would not be able to do FP+ at 60 days for the other days.

2. I will ask my TA about option B. Thanks!

1. Absolutely true about the FP situation (which I should have posted earlier.)

2. OK.

So I'll have 5 Disney park days in September and I'm about to purchase my tickets (most likely from Official Ticket Center). Currently, I have no plans to park hop.... however I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on buying base tickets. What if I get there and suddenly decide I want to hop! Does anyone ever purchase the park hopper option and not end up hopping? Or do you just buy base tickets and upgrade once there if you DO decide to hop? I'm curious if AK hours will be extended in September (or if evening EMH hours will be added to AK) and I think that has been what's holding me up.

So I'll have 5 Disney park days in September and I'm about to purchase my tickets (most likely from Official Ticket Center). Currently, I have no plans to park hop.... however I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on buying base tickets. What if I get there and suddenly decide I want to hop! Does anyone ever purchase the park hopper option and not end up hopping? Or do you just buy base tickets and upgrade once there if you DO decide to hop? I'm curious if AK hours will be extended in September (or if evening EMH hours will be added to AK) and I think that has been what's holding me up.

Buy the base tickets - if you decide when you get there that you want to hop, you can add on the hopper option.

If you go with the AP certificate, and are staying offsite for your June trip, the AP will only let you make 7 days of FP. The 10 day will get you all 10 days. If staying onsite, you can make FP for length of stay, regardless of which option.

We will be onsite. Thanks for that reminder, though!

1. Absolutely true about the FP situation (which I should have posted earlier.)

2. OK.
Follow-up question: I just realized I think I made a mistake when calculating the ticket prices because I didn't factor in the package ticket price versus the gate price. Am I correct in thinking I should add $20 per ticket for the gate price increase? The online/package price for a 5-day PH (w/ tax) is $473.93. A 9-day base (w/ tax) is $457.95 but would go up to approximately $477.95 at the gate... so I would get charge a few extra dollars in this scenario making it a ticket upgrade?

Follow-up question: I just realized I think I made a mistake when calculating the ticket prices because I didn't factor in the package ticket price versus the gate price. Am I correct in thinking I should add $20 per ticket for the gate price increase? The online/package price for a 5-day PH (w/ tax) is $473.93. A 9-day base (w/ tax) is $457.95 but would go up to approximately $477.95 at the gate... so I would get charge a few extra dollars in this scenario making it a ticket upgrade?
We don't know the actual cost of package tickets.
That's one of the major reasons for "price bridging."

As for gate price vs on-line price, there is a compensation built in during the upgrade process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter