if I want to upgrade a 5 day base ticket to an AP, do I still go through the turnstyle first to determine the value of the ticket? Or will they know the value at guest services outside of the park? Tickets were bought before Feb 2018 from UT.

if I want to upgrade a 5 day base ticket to an AP,
1. do I still go through the turnstyle first to determine the value of the ticket?
2. Or will they know the value at guest services outside of the park?
3. Tickets were bought before Feb 2018 from UT.

1. Nope. (You CAN, if you like, but it does not affect the upgrade or price, one way or the other.)
2. As long as YOU know what the cost to upgrade will be, so that you know if they are giving you the right deal.
3. The procedure and method for you to compute the cost can be found
in my Upgrade Sticky Post HERE.

1. Nope. (You CAN, if you like, but it does not affect the upgrade or price, one way or the other.)
2. As long as YOU know what the cost to upgrade will be, so that you know if they are giving you the right deal.
3. The procedure and method for you to compute the cost can be found
in my Upgrade Sticky Post HERE.

thank you!

I was able to use the guide to figure out my 5 day ticket, but I have a 6 day ticket from last year and it was added to my MDE like a year ago. I'm not sure if I bought it from UT or Disney either. ;);)

thank you!

I was able to use the guide to figure out my 5 day ticket, but I have a 6 day ticket from last year and it was added to my MDE like a year ago. I'm not sure if I bought it from UT or Disney either. ;);)

Disney will be able to tell both the age of the ticket and from where it was purchased.
When you are quoted an upgrade price, also ask the CM the things above so that you'll then know.

My SIL bought her Disney tickets through AAA. She decided she'd like to add on a day for her family. She called AAA and they said they could refund her the tickets and book her a new ticket package.

Am I right in assuming that this would take away her existing fast passes? I know the tickets are linked to FP's.

Is there another way to add on a day in advance?

My SIL bought her Disney tickets through AAA. She decided she'd like to add on a day for her family. She called AAA and they said they could refund her the tickets and book her a new ticket package.

1. Am I right in assuming that this would take away her existing fast passes? I know the tickets are linked to FP's.

2. Is there another way to add on a day in advance?

1. If the cancellation will take a day or so to process before the new tickets are available, then the FPs may disappear.
If the total process will take only a few hours, then the FPs should remain OK.
(I don't know, but it may not take them long to do the change. Hope so.)

2. If AAA will cooperate, buy all new tickets first and add them to the MDX account.
Then, cancel the first set of tickets.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that the tickets would stay NON-Expiring, since Disney no longer offers these for purchase. Do you know what kind of charge there will be to convert to adult tickets. None of the days have ever been used.
1. They will.
2. That is a big unknown.
You will likely be at the mercy of whomever you encounter doing the upgrade.

Piggybacking on this question as I have a similar situation. My difference being that my kid is still a child (7yo) but we won't finish using all the days on our NE tickets until he is a Disney "adult". He actually has two separate tickets - one 10-day NE ticket (WP+M), NOT PH that has 4 remaining days, and another identical 10-day ticket that is completely unused. Both were bought through UCT several years ago, if that matters. Clearly, I should have done the math and thought through the timing when I bought them - would have made a lot more sense to buy him an adult ticket for the second set. But, too late for that now. We will be going again in December (he will be 8yo by then), and plan to use 3 more days. So I guess my questions are:

1)For our next trip, would it be better if he went ahead and used 3 days off of the new (unused) ticket, instead of continuing to use the older one? Better chance of getting the 'upgrade' for free, as I know the general rule is that they don't penalize kids for "aging up" if the ticket is already assigned to them? The disadvantage to doing this is that if, for whatever reason, they won't let upgrade to adult, I can no longer transfer the ticket to someone else, once he has used it. I have read several places that the NE tickets cannot be "upgraded" at all (not sure if this really counts as an upgrade?), so it makes me a little nervous to take the gamble.

2)Should we go ahead and try to get it upgraded this year instead of waiting a few more (when we go again)? I was thinking that the farther out we get from the NE tickets being sold, the fewer people there would be who know how to work with them. But he won't be an adult yet, so not sure if they are allowed to do it ahead of time?

3)I know it largely depends on the individual you get and how competent they are, but are there certain locations for ticket upgrades that are known for being staffed by more knowledgable CMs?

Piggybacking on this question as I have a similar situation.
A. My difference being that my kid is still a child (7yo) but we won't finish using all the days on our NE tickets until he is a Disney "adult". He actually has two separate tickets - one 10-day NE ticket (WP+M), NOT PH that has 4 remaining days, and another identical 10-day ticket that is completely unused. Both were bought through UCT several years ago, if that matters. Clearly, I should have done the math and thought through the timing when I bought them - would have made a lot more sense to buy him an adult ticket for the second set. But, too late for that now. We will be going again in December (he will be 8yo by then), and plan to use 3 more days. So I guess my questions are:

1a)For our next trip, would it be better if he went ahead and used 3 days off of the new (unused) ticket, instead of continuing to use the older one?
1b) Better chance of getting the 'upgrade' for free, as I know the general rule is that they don't penalize kids for "aging up" if the ticket is already assigned to them?
1c) The disadvantage to doing this is that if, for whatever reason, they won't let upgrade to adult, I can no longer transfer the ticket to someone else, once he has used it. I have read several places that the NE tickets cannot be "upgraded" at all (not sure if this really counts as an upgrade?), so it makes me a little nervous to take the gamble.

2)Should we go ahead and try to get it upgraded this year instead of waiting a few more (when we go again)? I was thinking that the farther out we get from the NE tickets being sold, the fewer people there would be who know how to work with them. But he won't be an adult yet, so not sure if they are allowed to do it ahead of time?

3)I know it largely depends on the individual you get and how competent they are, but are there certain locations for ticket upgrades that are known for being staffed by more knowledgable CMs?

A. That can be a huge difference.
1a) IF the guest will still be under 10yrs. old, then, yes.
1b) It is better than a "chance." It is a "given."
1c) If he uses this ticket WHILE still under 10yrs. old, he WILL be able
to convert remaining "days" to adult-level at no charge if he is over 10yrs. old on the subsequent trip(s.)
2) You can try. I don't know if they will do that while you are not at WDW.
3) Nope. That's because every ticket and Guest Relations location will have different CMs at different times.
(If there WAS a "better location" I would have given it a special category in my Sticky information.)

Last edited:
1. If the cancellation will take a day or so to process before the new tickets are available, then the FPs may disappear.
If the total process will take only a few hours, then the FPs should remain OK.
(I don't know, but it may not take them long to do the change. Hope so.)

2. If AAA will cooperate, buy all new tickets first and add them to the MDX account.
Then, cancel the first set of tickets.

My SIL went to AAA today to see about adding an extra day to their tickets. The rep said they weren’t sure they could do it without canceling her FP’s. They think I should be able to do it because I added them to my hotel reservation.

I could be wrong but I don’t think it works that way. I added them to my hotel reservation but they are not staying with me. They bought their own tickets through AAA and those are linked to their own MDE account.

Can we actually add a day to her existing tickets by calling Disney? I’m starting to get confused now. :(

My SIL went to AAA today to see about adding an extra day to their tickets.
1. The rep said they weren’t sure they could do it without canceling her FP’s. They think I should be able to do it because I added them to my hotel reservation.

I could be wrong but I don’t think it works that way. I added them to my hotel reservation but they are not staying with me. They bought their own tickets through AAA and those are linked to their own MDE account.

2. Can we actually add a day to her existing tickets by calling Disney? I’m starting to get confused now. :(
1. This is a problem working with outsiders who don’t understand the complexities of the system.
2. Nope.

Hello from Norway here!
We are going to WDW in November and we have 7 days park hopper tickets right now.
I am thinking of adding the Memory Maker also.
Next year... probably in June, July or August we might go on another trip whit my choir group.
I am now thinking of upgrading my 7 day tickets to an AP ticket (then the Memory Maker would be included for both year right?)

What do you think?
Thank you, best from Adèle Marie

1. Hello from Norway here!
We are going to WDW in November and we have 7 days park hopper tickets right now.
I am thinking of adding the Memory Maker also.
Next year... probably in June, July or August we might go on another trip whit my choir group.
2. I am now thinking of upgrading my 7 day tickets to an AP ticket
3. (then the Memory Maker would be included for both year right?)

4. What do you think?
Thank you, best from Adèle Marie

1. Hilsener!
2. That would be a money-saver.
3. Right.
4. If you will be making two or more trips of multiple days within one year, an AP is the best value.
Ha en Disney dag!

1. Hilsener!
2. That would be a money-saver.
3. Right.
4. If you will be making two or more trips of multiple days within one year, an AP is the best value.
Ha en Disney dag!
Hei! TUSEN TAKK (Thank you)
Then I would probably go for the AP.... Just have to figure out the price difference between 7 day park hopper + Memory Maker and the AP
Have a Magical day :) HA EN MAGISK DAG (in Norwegian)

I could read through this thread and probably do a little simple math but I thought I would see what the experts say. We are booked for August staying on property 8 days PH for 3 adults. I just booked a second trip for December for 6 days. We will also want PH. We will not utilize parking but I probably would buy the memory maker for both trips. Should I just get annual passes for us?

I could read through this thread and probably do a little simple math but I thought I would see what the experts say. We are booked for August staying on property 8 days PH for 3 adults. I just booked a second trip for December for 6 days. We will also want PH. We will not utilize parking but I probably would buy the memory maker for both trips. Should I just get annual passes for us?

APs?
Absolutely!
------------------------
$532.50 8-Day PH
+511.20 6-Day PH
=1043.70

-or-
$904.19 Platinum Annual Pass
(And, that doesn't even mention the MM and other discounts.)

You could even get the Water Parks (etc.) version of the AP and save $$
$1010.69 Platinum PLUS Annual Pass

(all prices include tax)

Last edited:
APs?
Absolutely!
------------------------
$532.50 8-Day PH
+511.20 6-Day PH
=1043.70

-or-
$904.19 Platinum Annual Pass
(And, that doesn't even mention the MM and other discounts.)

You could even get the Water Parks (etc.) version of the AP and save $$
$1010.69 Platinum PLUS Annual Pass

(all prices include tax)

Thanks Robo! Your the bomb! :thumbsup2

We purchased 4 day base MYW tickets from UT on 2/11/2018 (2 adults, 2 children) and I'm thinking of upgrading to 4 day PH when we use them in October. Is my math correct - will I pay $319.52 to upgrade? That's the difference between 4 day PH now ($1,895.72) and 4 day base using 2018 prices ($1,576.20).

We purchased 4 day base MYW tickets from UT on 2/11/2018 (2 adults, 2 children) and I'm thinking of upgrading to 4 day PH when we use them in October. Is my math correct - will I pay $319.52 to upgrade? That's the difference between 4 day PH now ($1,895.72) and 4 day base using 2018 prices ($1,576.20).

If you purchased from UT on 2/11/2018, you very likely have "2017" tickets.
(The discounters sell from "old stock" until they need to order "new stock" tickets to sell.)

So, you likely need to figure the upgrade cost based on "2017" ticket prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter