If you purchased from UT on 2/11/2018, you very likely have "2017" tickets.
(The discounters sell from "old stock" until they need to order "new stock" tickets to sell.)

So, you likely need to figure the upgrade cost based on "2017" ticket prices.

Does that mean the cost to upgrade will be $447.32? The 2017 4 day base for 2 adults and 2 children was $1,448.40. The 2018 4 day PH is $1,895.72. So will it actually cost me more to upgrade because my tickets are "old stock"?

Does that mean the cost to upgrade will be $447.32? The 2017 4 day base for 2 adults and 2 children was $1,448.40. The 2018 4 day PH is $1,895.72. So will it actually cost me more to upgrade because my tickets are "old stock"?

$484.58 4-day PkHp Adult 2018
-372.75 4-day Base Adult 2017
=111.83 Cost to upgrade, Adult

$463.28 4-day PkHp Child 2018
$372.75 4-day Base Child 2017
=$90.53 Cost to upgrade, Child

(All prices include tax.)

Last edited:
If I’m angling to get the free Dining promotion and purchasing tickets with that, is it still possible to apply those tickets to the renewal of my AP?

Do I have to physically be at WDW to apply said tickets toward a renewal? My pass expires December 1, 2018, and I’ll be in Florida early September and early March. So outside of my renewal window, I believe.

If I’m angling to get the free Dining promotion and purchasing tickets with that, is it still possible to apply those tickets to the renewal of my AP?

1. Do I have to physically be at WDW to apply said tickets toward a renewal? My pass expires December 1, 2018, and I’ll be in Florida early September and early March.
2. So outside of my renewal window, I believe.

1. It's easier and more straightforward if you are in-person.
2. Yes.

Some posters have reported that they have been able to contact WDW ticketing and set up a way
to help pay their AP renewal with new, never-used tickets.

WDW Ticketing
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Hello, I purchased a CDN discounted children's ticket using airmiles earlier this year for my niece who is 10, turning 11 before our trip. I didn't realize I had purchased the wrong ticket until recently. Do you know if it possible to upgraded the ticket to an adult ticket - paying the differences in cost?

Thank you,

Tara

Hello, I purchased a CDN discounted children's ticket using airmiles earlier this year for my niece who is 10, turning 11 before our trip. I didn't realize I had purchased the wrong ticket until recently. Do you know if it possible to upgraded the ticket to an adult ticket - paying the differences in cost?

Thank you,

Tara

Yes, it is.
At any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.

I have a unused ticket that will expire in December 2018 but I also have an AP that is good until February 2019.
So I don't have any use for it before it expires. I'm going in August.
I was thinking if I upgrade it by adding one day on my next trip, would it become a newly issued ticket with a expiry date for December 2019?

I have a unused ticket that will expire in December 2018 but I also have an AP that is good until February 2019.
So I don't have any use for it before it expires. I'm going in August.
I was thinking if I upgrade it by adding one day on my next trip, would it become a newly issued ticket with a expiry date for December 2019?
There is no economic advantage in doing this, as far as I can see.
A never-used ticket, even after its expiration date, still retains its original value when used to help
pay the purchase price for a new ticket at a future date.
The expiration date only applies to a ticket's ability to be used, as-is.

Another option is to use your older ticket to help pay for a renewal of your AP,
if a renewal in your plans.
That renewal can be done up to 60 days prior to your AP anniversary date.
The AP will retain the same anniversary date as it has now, but one year later.

Last edited:
A never-used ticket, even after its expiration date, still retains its original value when used to help
pay the purchase price for a new ticket at a future date.

I was not aware of this I thought it was just null and void past the expiration date.
I was trying to not lose the value of those tickets.

Thank You.

I currently have a room + tickets package booked. I also have my FPs done. If I remove the tickets from the package to purchase APs will I lose my FPs?

I currently have a room + tickets package booked. I also have my FPs done. If I remove the tickets from the package to purchase APs will I lose my FPs?
What method are you using to buy the APs?

You will have a reasonable amount of time before your FPs will disappear after you drop your tickets, however...
The "safest" thing to do is buy the AP's first (make sure they are in your MDX account.)
THEN, cancel the resort package tickets.

Last edited:
What method are you using to buy the APs?

You will have a reasonable amount of time before your FPs will disappear after you drop your tickets, however...
The "safest" thing to do is buy the AP's first (make sure they are in your MDX account.)

I was going to buy the APs on the Disney website.

I was going to buy the APs on the Disney website.

OK.
Then, buy the AP's first (make sure they are in your MDX account.)

Your booked FPs will remain intact.

Considering purchasing an AP. I will soon be booking a 4 day trip for the last week of November 2018, and then will have a two week trip in 2019. When is the best time to purchase an AP? If I purchase online before hand, do I get to take advantage of any AP room discounts? Or does that not start until I activate it. I do realize that is I buy online, they may ask for my app when checking in, and that I’d need to go to a guest relations window before I check in.. new to this part

Thanks in advance!!

Considering purchasing an AP. I will soon be booking a 4 day trip for the last week of November 2018, and then will have a two week trip in 2019.

1. When is the best time to purchase an AP?
2. If I purchase online before hand, do I get to take advantage of any AP room discounts?
3. Or does that not start until I activate it.
4. I do realize that is I buy online, they may ask for my app when checking in,
5. and that I’d need to go to a guest relations window before I check in.. new to this part

Thanks in advance!!
1. No trick to it at all. You want to buy the AP certificate before its time to advance-book your FP+.
2. Yes, but you not even NEED to do that. You can book an AP room rate even without buying an AP.;
3. The only thing that you need to wait to do after you activate is actually enter a park.
4. If you use on-line check-in, you likely won't ever actually interact with anyone at the resort check-in desk for the entire trip.
5. Nope. That is not required. If (IF) someone at the resort wants to see your actual AP (unlikely) you have a day or so to activate it and stop back by the desk.
Remember that your MDX account will show what kind of active tickets/APs that you have.

Last edited:
1. No trick to it at all. You want to buy the AP certificate before its time to advance-book your FP+.
2. Yes, but you not even NEED to do that. You can book an AP room rate even without buying an AP.;
3. The only thing that you need to wait to do after you activate is actually enter a park.
4. If you use on-line check-in, you likely won't ever actually interact with anyone at the resort check-in desk for the entire trip.
5. Nope. That is not required. If (IF) someone at the resort wants to see your actual AP (unlikely) you have a day or so to activate it and stop back by the desk.
Remember that your MDX account will show what kind of active tickets/APs that you have.

Thanks for the reply. I live in Canada, so I’d need to stop and get my magic bands at the desk.
How would you book an app room rate with out purchasing one?

Thanks for the reply. I live in Canada, so I’d need to stop and get my magic bands at the desk.
How would you book an app room rate with out purchasing one?
You need to go to the Resorts Forum here on the DISboards and read about or ask about any AP room discounts that
become available.
(Disney doesn't always offer them, and when they DO, they are for a limited number of rooms.)

Then, all you need to do is call and book one.
(Again, you do not need to have an AP at the time that you book.)

Guests actually having an activated AP is really of little interest to the CMs at the resort desk.
If they ask, you can come back and show it.
It's not a major issue, especially with your MDX showing just about everything about your trip.

Last edited:
If I were to buy tickets from UT now, would it be safe to assume those tickets would be "after 02/11/18" tickets? Or is that something I should confirm with UT?

If I were to buy tickets from UT now, would it be safe to assume those tickets would be "after 02/11/18" tickets? Or is that something I should confirm with UT?

They mentioned that they were very low on 2017 stock about a month ago.
You can certainly ASK before you buy.

They mentioned that they were very low on 2017 stock about a month ago.
You can certainly ASK before you buy.

Thanks Robo! Used UT tickets last year to upgrade to APs for our family. Just trying to figure out the best deal for this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter