Hi -

Here is my scenario.... current plat+ pass expires 12/26. Planning on going 12/30 till 1/1. Can we purchase multi day tickets and upgrade to a renewal pass rate? Not sure if we will get plat+ again or gold/silver (which do carry the blackout dates for our NYE) trip.

Thanks

Hi -

Here is my scenario.... current plat+ pass expires 12/26. Planning on going 12/30 till 1/1.
1. Can we purchase multi day tickets and upgrade to a renewal pass rate?
2. Not sure if we will get plat+ again or gold/silver (which do carry the blackout dates for our NYE) trip.

Thanks
1. Yes.
2. You can do either at the "renewal rate" for each type of AP.

If you renew, your renewed AP will still keep the 12/26 anniversary date as your current AP,
regardless of which day you start using your multi-day tickets.

1. Yes.

If you renew, your renewed AP will still keep the 12/26 anniversary date as your current AP,
regardless of which day you start using your multi-day tickets.[/QUOTE
1. Yes.

regardless of which day you start using your multi-day tickets.

Thanks for quick response!

Hoping one of you helpful folks can verify my info. In August, I hope to upgrade my 7-day hoppers I purchased from UT prior to this year's price increase.
The face value of the 7-day hoppers (2017 prices) is $516.53 (tax included), according to AllEars.
The current price of a Platinum AP is $904.19 (tax included).
Therefore, to upgrade, I can expect to pay $387.66.
Does that sound right?
I bought the exact same tickets through UT and this was my calculation. I would like to put off my trip until next year because my FIL is on hospice. It looks like its not possible with the expiration date unless I'm willing to go without making fast passes. I'm trying to get my vacation time changed to December. All Disney's new rules regarding tickets and booking resorts makes it difficult to make changes if you need to. If you've tried to add or subtract days from your reservation you know what I'm talking about. Sorry for ranting so much just a little frustrated with the New WDW.
Yes I believe your calculations are spot on. Enjoy your year.

FP+ window coming up in a little over a week and just started thinking of upgrading from my current 4 day PH (convention ticket) to a Platinum Pass. Any pro/con on changing now as compared to keeping what I have until I get to WDW and upgrading at the gate then?
If I purchase the Pass now and link to MDE I will be able to book my FP as normal even though the pass will not be activated? (I do have a resort reservation)

FP+ window coming up in a little over a week and just started thinking of upgrading from my current 4 day PH (convention ticket) to a Platinum Pass.
1. Any pro/con on changing now as compared to keeping what I have until I get to WDW and upgrading at the gate then?
2. If I purchase the Pass now and link to MDE I will be able to book my FP as normal even though the pass will not be activated? (I do have a resort reservation)

1. Nothing that I'd actually worry about.
I'm not sure how easy it will be to upgrade that ticket if you are not actually at WDW.
But, you can certainly give it a try.

2. Yes.

FP+ window coming up in a little over a week and just started thinking of upgrading from my current 4 day PH (convention ticket) to a Platinum Pass. Any pro/con on changing now as compared to keeping what I have until I get to WDW and upgrading at the gate then?
If I purchase the Pass now and link to MDE I will be able to book my FP as normal even though the pass will not be activated? (I do have a resort reservation)
I thought convention tickets could not be upgraded. At least that's what my TA that sells these with their packages told me. That's why I bought through UT. Did you actually buy the tickets already or are you booked with a package? If you have a package you can just drop the tickets do a room only and buy annual passes. If you figure out a way to upgrade tickets before you get there please share how you did it.

I thought convention tickets could not be upgraded. At least that's what my TA that sells these with their packages told me. That's why I bought through UT. Did you actually buy the tickets already or are you booked with a package? If you have a package you can just drop the tickets do a room only and buy annual passes. If you figure out a way to upgrade tickets before you get there please share how you did it.

Some convention tickets can be upgraded.
They will only be worth what they originally cost, when figured into the upgrade.

It is now the case that some (most?) tickets can be upgraded by guests, themselves, using MDX.
(Including tickets from most authorized ticket resellers like UT.)
But, the upgrading seems to be in a state of flux, at the moment... a sometimes yes, sometimes no, sort of thing.

Some convention tickets can be upgraded.
They will only be worth what they originally cost, when figured into the upgrade.

It is now the case that some (most?) tickets can be upgraded by guests, themselves, using MDX.
(Including tickets from most authorized ticket resellers like UT.)
But, the upgrading seems to be in a state of flux, at the moment... a sometimes yes, sometimes no, sort of thing.
The pp may be booked with the agency I used. I don't know if I'd want to chance it. It would be disappointing if you really wanted to upgrade and couldn't.
I'm a no with upgrading to annual passes from the MDX. I would love to hear from someone that actually was able to do it before using a ticket.

New here. Forgive my ignorance but I have looked everywhere and can't find an answer. We purchased 4 day disney tickets (Florida Resident) as this is the max you can purchase on the disney site as florida residents. When we get to the park, or before, or during, can we upgrade an extra day (5th day). If so, does anyone know the cost? is it a full day price or discounted? Thanks.

New here. Forgive my ignorance but I have looked everywhere and can't find an answer. We purchased 4 day disney tickets (Florida Resident) as this is the max you can purchase on the disney site as florida residents. When we get to the park, or before, or during, can we upgrade an extra day (5th day). If so, does anyone know the cost? is it a full day price or discounted? Thanks.

I'm going to suggest that a possible better alternative is to buy a Disney Silver Annual Pass at $439 (plus tax.)
That AP includes free parking and allows park hopping at no extra charge.

(And, Fl residents can make no-interest monthly payments for APs.)

You can upgrade your current tickets to APs, if you choose.

Question about tickets:

I have a trip planned for next week with base tickets and a trip planned for the end of August with hoppers. I know I can assign the second set of tickets to someone else, but wouldn't that mess up the fastpasses I already have made for that trip?

And if I leave them alone and then have guest services prioritize the tickets to make sure the correct set is used for the first trip, where do I go to do that? I'm unfamiliar with the location of guest services outside of the parks (like the Magic Kingdom) where I would need to get this done.

Question about tickets:

I have a trip planned for next week with base tickets and a trip planned for the end of August with hoppers. I know I can assign the second set of tickets to someone else,
1. but wouldn't that mess up the fastpasses I already have made for that trip?

And if I leave them alone and then have guest services prioritize the tickets to make sure the correct set is used for the first trip,
2. where do I go to do that? I'm unfamiliar with the location of guest services outside of the parks (like the Magic Kingdom) where I would need to get this done.
1. Yes.
(BUT, you could ALSO transfer those FPs to that "someone else" and then, after your first trip is over, transfer those tickets and the FPs back to YOU.)
2. Any Guest Relations.
GR can be found just outside any park or at Disney Springs ("Welcome Center.")

Last edited:
1. Yes.
(BUT, you could ALSO transfer those FPs to that "someone else" and then, after your first trip is over, transfer those tickets and the FPs back to YOU.)
2. Any Guest Relations.
GR can be found just outside any park or at Disney Springs ("Welcome Center.")
Thank you for clearing that up!

Needing to get clarification on some info I was given yesterday. We are military and can purchase the Military Salute tickets (aka Military 4 or 5 day Park Hoppers) I think I was given some mis-information and want to clear it up, before I put any money down.

I went yesterday to buy a single day military ticket for Epcot. While I was there, the agent asked me why I wasn't buying the park hoppers. I explained we only had time for 1 long weekend this fall and we didn't have time to stay 4 or 5 days this Fall. She said the military park hoppers can be broken up among multiple trips as long as they are used by the end of the year expiration (Dec 19th)

I said that has got to be wrong, that unless I purchased the no expiration ticket, that they have to be used within a 14 day period (plus the no expiration tickets are long gone)

She said that the military Salute tickets don't have those same perimeters as regular park hoppers and can be broken up and used at different times. Such as use 2 during one trip and 3 at another time. But didn't have anything in writing to show me, that that's how they work.

If this is true, it would be a huge benefit for us, since we normally go for a long wknd in the Spring (Flower & Garden) and a long wknd in the Fall (MNSSHP and F&W) but the last few years we have just been buying the single MNSSHP ticket, take a resort day, and then the single day ticket for Epcot. If we can really break them up over the year, that would allow us to go to more parks on the long wknds we are there.

Needing to get clarification on some info I was given yesterday. We are military and can purchase the Military Salute tickets (aka Military 4 or 5 day Park Hoppers) I think I was given some mis-information and want to clear it up, before I put any money down.

I went yesterday to buy a single day military ticket for Epcot. While I was there, the agent asked me why I wasn't buying the park hoppers. I explained we only had time for 1 long weekend this fall and we didn't have time to stay 4 or 5 days this Fall. She said the military park hoppers can be broken up among multiple trips as long as they are used by the end of the year expiration (Dec 19th)

I said that has got to be wrong, that unless I purchased the no expiration ticket, that they have to be used within a 14 day period (plus the no expiration tickets are long gone)

She said that the military Salute tickets don't have those same perimeters as regular park hoppers and can be broken up and used at different times. Such as use 2 during one trip and 3 at another time. But didn't have anything in writing to show me, that that's how they work.

If this is true, it would be a huge benefit for us, since we normally go for a long wknd in the Spring (Flower & Garden) and a long wknd in the Fall (MNSSHP and F&W) but the last few years we have just been buying the single MNSSHP ticket, take a resort day, and then the single day ticket for Epcot. If we can really break them up over the year, that would allow us to go to more parks on the long wknds we are there.

That person was 100% correct. The expiration dates for the Military Salute tickets are December 19th this year, regardless of their first use. They've worked this way for at least 3 years. :)

For those who will be renewing an AP onsite by "upgrading" a ticket (especially one purchased thru a re-seller, such as UT), know how much that ticket will be worth in the transaction. Page one of this thread has some tremendous information and saved me quite a bit of money. If not for this thread, I probably would have just accepted the pricing the CM calculated and overpaid. When I insisted that his numbers were wrong, he looked further on his computer. I wonder how many guests are incorrectly charged for this type pf transaction.

This is a bit frustrating to hear how often this is happening. During my last visit, I wanted to "upgrade" my Undercover Tourist ticket to an annual pass. Out of four cast members at two different parks, only one of them knew about price bridging. They were all confident that I could only get the value from my ticket that was displayed on their screen, which was about $19 less than what I had paid UT. I assume that difference was UT's profit margin. (As I posted earlier, I luckily was able to get the bridged price through the My Disney Experience app.) I also want to thank @Robo for educating people on here about the process. Perhaps these kinds of discount ticket upgrades are not as common as it might seem on these boards.

Perhaps these kinds of discount ticket upgrades are not as common as it might seem on these boards.
My thinking is that the turnover in CMs who handle ticket upgrades is very high,
and there has been much evidence that appears to show a very limited amount of training
emphasis on the various kinds of upgrade processes.

Question which im sure has been answered but couldn't find it in the thread....

Is there a place on wdw.com that you see what AP Room Rates without having an AP yet. Trying to decide if its worth it to upgrade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter