What then, is the difference between the tickets pre date specific and post date specific?
The ‘date specific’ tickets in a package have to have the ‘flex option’ to be activated early. With packages, it’s the check-in date that activates the ticket: date specific or flex.

I think people book packages in order to slowly pay their balances using a Disney Chase Visa. This booking type is also used for DSprings Hotels even though packages are never necessary to obtain 60-day FPs and EMH.

Did I do my math right?

8 Day Park Hopper (part of package + tickets book in Sept 2017) = $527.18 (w/tax)
Disney Platinum Pass (current price) = $952.11 (w/tax)

Upgrade = $952.11 - $527.18 = $424.93 for each adult in group

And I ask nicely for Memory Maker ($169.00) to be refunded, considering even suggesting just asking for that back on a gift card if it makes it easier.

Did I do my math right?

8 Day Park Hopper (part of package + tickets book in Sept 2017) = $527.18 (w/tax)
Disney Platinum Pass (current price) = $952.11 (w/tax)

Upgrade = $952.11 - $527.18 = $424.93 for each adult in group

And I ask nicely for Memory Maker ($169.00) to be refunded, considering even suggesting just asking for that back on a gift card if it makes it easier.

That looks right to me (if you booked after Feb. 12, 2018.)

We have Platinum passes that expire in February right in the middle of a planned trip.

1) Can I schedule Fastpasses for the entire trip even though my AP expires a few days into the trip? I will renew it but want to be able to schedule all of our Fastpasses at the same time
2) I want to downgrade the current Platinum to Gold passes. Can I do that online or on the phone? Will I just have to pay for the Gold renewal rate? Or purchase a brand new Gold pass?

Thanks!

We have Platinum passes that expire in February right in the middle of a planned trip.

1) Can I schedule Fastpasses for the entire trip even though my AP expires a few days into the trip? I will renew it but want to be able to schedule all of our Fastpasses at the same time
2) I want to downgrade the current Platinum to Gold passes. Can I do that online or on the phone? Will I just have to pay for the Gold renewal rate? Or purchase a brand new Gold pass?

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, the system will detect that you don't have tickets for the days after the passes expire and won't let you book FP's. I've had this problem with family members that have different expiry dates on AP's. I book FP's thru 1 or more of the passes and then get the FP's assigned to the person that had to renew later at guest services. Not sure if you can do that as I don't know if one of your party will have an active ticket.

This is a "Am I totally out of luck?"question. Well that is the nice version of my question. :drinking1

Me tinks me screwed up! :sad2:

Bought six day MYW e-tickets from Undercover Tourist after the 16th of October to use this month. I am reconsidering using these passes and going with a MVMCP and After Hours at Hollywood Studios instead. Long story. But would prefer that this vacation.

Am I totally stuck? Meaning I am thinking that it is not even possible since I bought late and from an authorized dealer instead.

Or can I pay something to turn them into the new tickets? And if so, when would they expire? Or pay and change them into a DVC AP voucher for future use? Anything?

Last edited:
Not sure where to ask this, so I apologize if wrong thread.

If I upgrade to an Annual Pass, is there somewhere I can pick up AP MBs?

This is a "Am I totally out of luck?"question. Well that is the nice version of my question. :drinking1

Me tinks me screwed up! :sad2:

Bought six day MYW e-tickets from Undercover Tourist after the 16th of October to use this month. I am reconsidering using these passes and going with a MVMCP and After Hours at Hollywood Studios instead. Long story. But would prefer that this vacation.

Am I totally stuck? Meaning I am thinking that it is not even possible since I bought late and from an authorized dealer instead.

Or can I pay something to turn them into the new tickets? And if so, when would they expire? Or pay and change them into a DVC AP voucher for future use? Anything?

You can upgrade these tickets to DVC AP vouchers, if you like.
You can let them expire and use their "Disney value" at the time they were minted to help pay for new tickets in the future.

I have a question on the new date specific tickets. We are arriving June 21, spending June 22 at Legoland, before starting our time in Disney parks. We are planning 5 park days, with our last park day being June 29. I will need to select our first day as June 22 or 23 to make the tickets cover our last park day. Will we still be able to make our fastpasses for the entire trip 60 days out from check-in, even though the date on the tickets is for a day or two later? (I hope that makes sense)

I have a question on the new date specific tickets. We are arriving June 21, spending June 22 at Legoland, before starting our time in Disney parks. We are planning 5 park days, with our last park day being June 29. I will need to select our first day as June 22 or 23 to make the tickets cover our last park day. Will we still be able to make our fastpasses for the entire trip 60 days out from check-in, even though the date on the tickets is for a day or two later? (I hope that makes sense)
As always, once you book your trip, your MDX account will tell you the first date on which you can begin to book all of your trip's FPs.

The starting FP booking date is based on your resort check-in date, but in order to actually BOOK the FPs, you must have valid tickets ON the days for which you are booking FPs.

You can upgrade these tickets to DVC AP vouchers, if you like.
You can let them expire and use their "Disney value" at the time they were minted to help pay for new tickets in the future.

Oh wow, great news. Thank you so much for your help.

---------------

I thought they expired at the end of this year. Is that correct?

As always, once you book your trip, your MDX account will tell you the first date on which you can begin to book all of your trip's FPs.

The starting FP booking date is based on your resort check-in date, but in order to actually BOOK the FPs, you must have valid tickets ON the days for which you are booking FPs.

Thanks! Still months away but paranoid that things won't work as I expect them too.

Time for my annual sanity check before our AP renewal:

Scenario: Family of 4 (2 adults, 11 year old, and 9 year old) all have current Platinum APs with expiration in January 2019. We booked a free dining package for Christmas, including 10-day Park Hoppers, back in April 2018. As we have the past 5 years, we plan to use the package tickets towards renewing our APs.

I have calculated as such:

10-day Park Hopper (age 10+, from Feb-Oct 2018, including tax) = $553.80 (from Allears archive)
10-day Park Hopper (age 3-9, from Feb-Oct 2018, including tax) = $532.50 (from Allears archive)

Platinum AP renewal price = $808.34

Renewal cost remainder (age 10+) = $808.34 - $553.80 = $254.54
Renewal cost remainder (age 3-9) = $808.34 - $532.50 = $275.84

Total we should pay at renewal = (3 x $254.54) + (1 x $275.84) = $1,039.46

I so appreciate this thread and your infinite knowledge. Only twice in the 5 years we've done this has Guest Relations known to bridge the price from the free dining discounted price to the actual ticket price. The other 3 times, I've had to point it out and one year I almost had to walk away because the cast member said I was incorrect and was rather rude about it. Because of this thread, I feel better prepared to get the right price for our renewals. Thank you!!

I have a unused 6 day park hopper ticket for a child.

My child in now an adult, per Disney standard.

We have a 4 park day visit in 6/19.

What can I do with this ticket?

Can I take this ticket (at value when purchased) and use it towards the cost for 4, 4 day phs?

I have a unused 6 day park hopper ticket for a child.

My child in now an adult, per Disney standard.

We have a 4 park day visit in 6/19.

What can I do with this ticket?

Can I take this ticket (at value when purchased) and use it towards the cost for 4, 4 day phs?
From this thread - Post#8:
“...if the ticket has never been used,
the ticket may only be upgraded to a ticket with at least the same entitlements
and the guest must pay the difference.”

Hi, I purchased our tickets through Workers Advantage and received an email with instructions to pick up the tickets at the parks. However, I also received a confirmation code that I was able to link in MDE in order to make fastpasses. Does anyone know if I still need to pickup the tickets at the park, or since I was able to link them in MDE, am i able to bypass picking them up and go straight into the parks? Thanks

Hi, I purchased our tickets through Workers Advantage and received an email with instructions to pick up the tickets at the parks. However, I also received a confirmation code that I was able to link in MDE in order to make fastpasses. Does anyone know if I still need to pickup the tickets at the park, or since I was able to link them in MDE, am i able to bypass picking them up and go straight into the parks? Thanks
If you have MagicBands linked to your MDX, there’s no need to go to Will Call - head straight to the park entrance. :-)

Do Annual Pass Certificates have an expiration date? Just wondering if anything has changed with these. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter