Do Annual Pass Certificates have an expiration date? Just wondering if anything has changed with these. Thanks.

They have a "place-holder" expiration date of 2030.
(Nothing has changed.)

So, if I am understanding correctly: a ticket I purchased as part of a package (I don't know how long ago) would be price bridged to the upgrade cost it would have been at date of sale. So if I added park hopping, it would likely be a flat rate under $100.; is this correct?

So, if I am understanding correctly: a ticket I purchased as part of a package (I don't know how long ago) would be price bridged to the upgrade cost it would have been at date of sale. So if I added park hopping, it would likely be a flat rate under $100.; is this correct?

No, not the upgrade cost at date of sale. The ticket has a value based on the date of sale. Upgrade will be to current price. Adding park hopping to 1 ticket is most likely under $100, but how much it actually costs depends on when was the original package booked and if the ticket is quite old it may cost more. It all hinges on when that original package was booked.

Enjoy your vacation!

So, if I am understanding correctly: a ticket I purchased as part of a package (I don't know how long ago) would be price bridged to the upgrade cost it would have been at date of sale.

The math equations for computing the cost to upgrade older tickets can be found in post #6 of the Ticket Sticky.
You do need to know the date on which you booked your original tickets.

Last edited:

The math equations for computing the cost to upgrade older tickets can be found in post #6 of the Ticket Sticky.
You do need to know the date on which you booked your original tickets.

no idea of the date, as we have multiple old tickets due to having to purchase additional tickets to participate in YES classes....Is there any numeric value that indicates when; like with dining reservations?

If on MDE, my AP states that it expires 6/26/19, does that mean the last day I can use it is 6/25/19 or 6/26/19? I swear I activated it on 6/25/18 so I'm a little confused.

I had exactly the same experience and wasted a lot of time going from guest services at DS where I Waited for over an hour for my name to be called before I gave up and left. The following day I took my unused UT 5day base ticket to guest services just inside MK and they insisted my ticket was worth less than what I had paid and refused to credit my purchase price for the UT ticket toward my AP renewal. I then went to the guest service in Liberty Square and had same experience. The next day I had the same experience at HS. Finally at EPCOT guest services I was so frustrated I told the CM to just forget the whole thing I just wasn't going to renew my AP after all that I was aware that people were being given at least the value paid for the tickets purchased from UT as a credit toward the purchase of AP or more expensive tix. She also tried to tell me that UT tix were purchased by UT from Disney at a discounted price and then they added their own charge onto the tix. When I turned to leave without purchasing the AP she told me to wait that she would make an exception for me and give me the credit for price I purchased the UT ticket for. I did show her as i had all of the Previous CMs my receipt for the UT tix which I had on my phone. She then proceeded to hand write a receipt showing an extra credit toward purchase price of my AP renewal. So it took me a total of four days waiting in lines to renew my AP. Actually the last attempt at EPCOT I entered Park at rope drop and was first person to enter the guest services. All CMs were friendly but firmly refusing to give me the credit for the amount I had paid for my UT ticket....my experience was from 10/19-10/22.
So frustrating!

no idea of the date, as we have multiple old tickets due to having to purchase additional tickets to participate in YES classes....Is there any numeric value that indicates when; like with dining reservations?

You can try calling WDW Ticketing:

(407) 566-4985 (option 5)

Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Im looking @ purchasing a 3 day ticket from Parksavers for last minute trip, leaving Friday. Do they offer etickets or is UT only offering this method of delivery? For those who have used Parksaver, how long did it take to receive code to link tickets?

Thank u in advance!

Has the practice of price bridging from a discounted MYW package ticket price ended? 2 different CMs gave a friend dramatically undervalued prices for her 10 day park hoppers today. (Like, more than $100 lower than their value at time of MYW package booking.) I checked the sticky and the only way what they said was right is if price bridging is no longer done, and the hidden value of the ticket is set that low. If it was an error, is there anything that can be done? Thanks for your time and expertise.

Has the practice of price bridging from a discounted MYW package ticket price ended? 2 different CMs gave a friend dramatically undervalued prices for her 10 day park hoppers today. (Like, more than $100 lower than their value at time of MYW package booking.) I checked the sticky and the only way what they said was right is if price bridging is no longer done, and the hidden value of the ticket is set that low. If it was an error, is there anything that can be done? Thanks for your time and expertise.

No changes noted here.
It is just VERY likely that the CMs were simply wrong.
That has been the case in so very many situations over the past decade and more.

I'd try another guest relations or ticket booth location and specifically ask (very nicely) for the correct price...
the one that you/your friend have calculated using the exact information in post #6 of this thread.

(You didn't offer any specifics, so we can't offer any more information.)

Anyone having price bridging problems or wanting to do price bridging, from my experience over the years, go to the GS just outside the MK turnstiles. They are the ONLY ones that know what they are doing. Never go to the main street GS. I broke that rule this past August and got screwed until I went back to the outside GS and they corrected it AND put a note in my file for future CM to see that price bridging is alive and well.

Is there still an advantage to using a ticket before attempting to bridge or upgrade it to an AP? I have a pair of 5 day base tickets that expire at the end of 2018/ start of 2019.

Is there still an advantage to using a ticket before attempting to bridge or upgrade it to an AP? I have a pair of 5 day base tickets that expire at the end of 2018/ start of 2019.

You don't have to. When you go to GS, make sure the CM understands what you want to do (i.e. price bridge). Ask them if they know how to do it. Have your numbers figured out ahead of time so that if the CM's numbers don't match, you can point it out and fix it before they do anything. If they disagree, ask for a supervisor. If you still can't get satisfaction, go to another GS. I still recommend outside MK. They haven't let me down yet, even though I have had to clarify #'s with CM. I've never had any of them refuse to price bridge once they were clear on the procedure.

You don't have to. When you go to GS, make sure the CM understands what you want to do (i.e. price bridge). Ask them if they know how to do it. Have your numbers figured out ahead of time so that if the CM's numbers don't match, you can point it out and fix it before they do anything. If they disagree, ask for a supervisor. If you still can't get satisfaction, go to another GS. I still recommend outside MK. They haven't let me down yet, even though I have had to clarify #'s with CM. I've never had any of them refuse to price bridge once they were clear on the procedure.
alrighty... i understand the polite persistance factor but is there any way that using it first increases the chances of the cm not goofing up the bridge process? I would be happy to do anything to make a cm’s day less stressful in light of a complicated request.

Future_WorldPhonencian said:
is there any way that using it first increases the chances of the cm not goofing up the bridge process?

Nope.

But, price-bridging can be affected by WHEN and from WHOM you bought your ticket.
When and how did you buy your ticket?

VisitOrlando.com last fall. The Expiration date is Dec 31st of 2018 so I guess that means they are 2017 Tickets.
My math has me paying anywhere from 485 to 558 per ticket depending on if/ how they are bridged.

Even if I pay around 558 a ticket, they were purchased with a heavy discount on a black friday sale and I would still come out with a solid savings over the list price.

Thanks again guys for the help!

VisitOrlando.com last fall. The Expiration date is Dec 31st of 2018 so I guess that means they are 2017 Tickets.
My math has me paying anywhere from 485 to 558 per ticket depending on if/ how they are bridged.

Even if I pay around 558 a ticket, they were purchased with a heavy discount on a black friday sale and I would still come out with a solid savings over the list price.

Thanks again guys for the help!

It sounds like you bought in November 2017... therefore you have 2017 tickets. According to the links from the first page of this thread, a 5-day base ticket purchased at that time had a value of $394.05. What gets "bridged" is your discounted purchase price (what you paid visitorlando.com) to the full value of the ticket (as if purchased direct from WDW); there is no way to bridge to current pricing or even 2018 values. Assuming you are looking at the Platinum AP, the upgrade should be $558 and change (including tax).

Enjoy your vacation!

It sounds like you bought in November 2017... therefore you have 2017 tickets. According to the links from the first page of this thread, a 5-day base ticket purchased at that time had a value of $394.05. What gets "bridged" is your discounted purchase price (what you paid visitorlando.com) to the full value of the ticket (as if purchased direct from WDW); there is no way to bridge to current pricing or even 2018 values. Assuming you are looking at the Platinum AP, the upgrade should be $558 and change (including tax).

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks! I was under the impression that using a ticket before attempting an upgrade might result in getting the value of the current gate price as well. But the only reports i can find of that working are several years old so i guess it is no longer the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter