If you have a NEW (never been used) ticket that you wish to SAVE:
an easier way to accomplish this (with no need to make a trip to Guest Relations)
is to create a "fake name" profile in your MDX account and transfer that new, unused ticket to under that "fake" profile.
Since that "person" will not be going into a park, that ticket will never be used.

In the future, when you are ready to use (or upgrade) that saved ticket,
you can transfer it to yourself (or anyone else in or connected to your MDX account.)
You can even use that saved ticket's value toward renewing an (or buying a new) AP.

Just a personal experience to relate -- I did this and it didn't quite work out.

In September 2016 my daughter (AP holder) and I stayed one night on property for her birthday and we each booked a room at Pop Century on the bounceback offer from the room the morning of our check-out for Free Dining in December 2017.

At the time of that trip, three people in our party of six had active APs.

I created three fake accounts: Mr. Ticket, Mrs. Tickety , and Dr. Tickety Ticket

Once the package date started, instead of doing it myself, we went to the MK Guest Relations and asked a CM to please move the 5 Day Park Hopper tickets from the package booking off of the AP holders and onto the Tickety people listed in our MDE.

She was amused by the names. And she moved them easily and without a word of any expiration date.

We were working under the assumption that these tickets would not expire if never used until our next trip.

This was not the case.

I was able to transfer one ticket from Mrs. Tickety to myself, but the other two seemed to have disappeared. I wondered if this didn't have to do with two of those tickets being assigned to my daughter's room reservation.

When I attempted to link these fake accounts through MDE (thinking this must be the problem) the invitations would send, I would see them, accept them, and hit an error message with a number to call.
So when we booked for my daughter's college graduation trip for May 2019, we called to get these other two park hopper tickets off the ghost Tickety people so we could assign them to my husband (whose AP is expired) and my son, leaving just a single new ticket to purchase for my son's wife.

It was on that call that we were informed even the 5 Day Park Hopper ticket showing active on my name was "long expired." (Oddly, I can still access this and play around with park hopper times to this day.)

The CM was able to see all three unused park hoppers, confirm they had never been used, confirm they had been purchased in September 2016 in the package, but . . . expired.

It took several hours and four levels up to reach a satisfactory answer.

At no point in any of these conversations did anyone point out even expired tickets value can be applied to new ticket purchases.

We were basically being told the $1700.00 or so dollars in three unused 5 Day Park Hopper passes were gone, even though they could see a CM had moved them to our Tickety people during the trip for future use without a single word about expiration.

The final resolution was odd, but quite satisfactory, as they decided to refund our $1774 back onto our credit card. It didn't make sense to me why they would choose this option instead of simply explaining the ability to use the value for a future ticket purchase. Again, never mentioned by anyone and I would not have known about this without the DISboards pointing it out.

Just a personal experience to relate...

The final resolution was odd, but quite satisfactory, as they decided to refund our $1774 back onto our credit card. It didn't make sense to me why they would choose this option instead of simply explaining the ability to use the value for a future ticket purchase. Again, never mentioned by anyone and I would not have known about this without the DISboards pointing it out.

Thanks for the detailed post about your tickets.

The level of training and work experience that a CM has can totally affect the outcome of any given interaction.
If the "final resolution" in your case was satisfactory to you, then there was no need to take the situation any further "up the chain."

However, there are many times a CM might foul up a transaction to the detriment of a guest's ticket value...
and that would mean that the guest should contact another CM (supervisor, manager, etc.) and get the situation remedied.

Thanks for the detailed post about your tickets.

The level of training and work experience that a CM has can totally affect the outcome of any given interaction.
If the "final resolution" in your case was satisfactory to you, then there was no need to take the situation any further "up the chain."

except that the final resolution that was satisfactory wasn't until the fourth person up the chain.

The prior three all gave us the same "we're sorry, but these tickets have expired" and nothing more, just the sense we just lost $1700 despite being told by the park CM that moved the hoppers to our fake people we were good to save them for any future use.

except that the final resolution that was satisfactory wasn't until the fourth person up the chain.

The prior three all gave us the same "we're sorry, but these tickets have expired" and nothing more, just the sense we just lost $1700 despite being told by the park CM that moved the hoppers to our fake people we were good to save them for any future use.

Glad you got it remedied.

Planning to use my 7 day tickets during the holiday blackout then upgrade to gold/silver annual passes. Will the pictures taken prior to upgrading the tickets show up in photo pass or no? Also will I only get reimbursed for one day of parking or 7?

Planning to use my 7 day tickets during the holiday blackout then upgrade to gold/silver annual passes.
1. Will the pictures taken prior to upgrading the tickets show up in photo pass or no? Also will I only get reimbursed for one day of parking or 7?
1. Reports are that all photos from as far back as a year should become available to you.
2. I have never actually seen anyone report getting more than one parking fee refunded (as most usually
just park once on the day that they do the AP upgrade,)
but if you carefully provide all of your parking receipts, it very well may be that they will refund all of them.
Please let us know.

Anyone having price bridging problems or wanting to do price bridging, from my experience over the years, go to the GS just outside the MK turnstiles. They are the ONLY ones that know what they are doing. Never go to the main street GS. I broke that rule this past August and got screwed until I went back to the outside GS and they corrected it AND put a note in my file for future CM to see that price bridging is alive and well.
I tried twice at MK guest services to price bridge. I had no luck. It really depends on luck and if you get a cast member that knows what they're doing. I even had a supervisor tell me that my tickets were worth less than they should have been.

1. Reports are that all photos from as far back as a year should become available to you.
2. I have never actually seen anyone report getting more than one parking fee refunded (as most usually
just park once on the day that they do the AP upgrade,)
but if you carefully provide all of your parking receipts, it very well may be that they will refund all of them.
Please let us know.

Will do. In past years when I've been an annual pass holder I've just held my arm out the window with the magic band with the annual passholder slider on it and been waived through. I don't think they ever stopped me in the dozens of times I went. I may borrow an annual passholder slider and try my luck just in case.

@Robo, thanks for the great info on ticket bridging.

I've been an annual pass holder for many years, but this year will be my first attempt at AP Bridging. I need some advice on how blackout dates would apply when upgrading with tickets used during the blackout period.

I currently have undercover tourist 8-day park hoppers, that were purchased before the Oct2018 increase. I will be in WDW from Dec 28 - Jan 3rd, a total of 7 maximum park days. I would like to use the park hoppers during the blackout period, then upgrade to a DVC Gold AP on January 3rd before flying back home late in the evening.

Considering that Jan 3rd is still a blackout day and that there will be at least one full day remaining on the ticket in all cases, here are my questions:

• If I don't enter a park on 1/3, will I have any trouble upgrading to a DVC Gold AP at a guest services location at the springs or outside the turnstiles?
  • If I do enter a park on 1/3, would I be able to upgrade to a DVC Gold AP while in the park at a guest services location and remain in the park for the day?
  • If I do enter a park on 1/3, would I be able to exit the park before upgrading to a DVC Gold AP outside of the turnstiles? ( I understand I probably wouldn't be able to re-enter).
If I won't be able to upgrade to the gold pass on 1/3, I'd rather upgrade to a platinum pass earlier in the trip to use the discounts and parking privileges and not have to spend my last day in line at Guest services.

Just a personal experience to relate -- I did this and it didn't quite work out.

I created three fake accounts: Mr. Ticket, Mrs. Tickety , and Dr. Tickety Ticket ...

Did you create 3 fake accounts on MDE or did you create 3 fake names on your MDE account?

I have several old tickets purchased for different reasons(not any as a package though) and I have placed them under fake names in my MDE account and have been able to use them when needed.

@Robo, thanks for the great info on ticket bridging.

I've been an annual pass holder for many years, but this year will be my first attempt at AP Bridging. I need some advice on how blackout dates would apply when upgrading with tickets used during the blackout period.

I currently have undercover tourist 8-day park hoppers, that were purchased before the Oct2018 increase. I will be in WDW from Dec 28 - Jan 3rd, a total of 7 maximum park days. I would like to use the park hoppers during the blackout period, then upgrade to a DVC Gold AP on January 3rd before flying back home late in the evening.

Considering that Jan 3rd is still a blackout day and that there will be at least one full day remaining on the ticket in all cases, here are my questions:

• 1. If I don't enter a park on 1/3, will I have any trouble upgrading to a DVC Gold AP at a guest services location at the springs or outside the turnstiles?
  • 2. If I do enter a park on 1/3, would I be able to upgrade to a DVC Gold AP while in the park at a guest services location and remain in the park for the day?
  • 3. If I do enter a park on 1/3, would I be able to exit the park before upgrading to a DVC Gold AP outside of the turnstiles? ( I understand I probably wouldn't be able to re-enter).
4. If I won't be able to upgrade to the gold pass on 1/3, I'd rather upgrade to a platinum pass earlier in the trip to use the discounts and parking privileges and not have to spend my last day in line at Guest services.

1. Shouldn't be a problem.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. That COULD even be a better deal for you, depending on which "costs vs. other factors" mean more to you.

Did you create 3 fake accounts on MDE or did you create 3 fake names on your MDE account?

I have several old tickets purchased for different reasons(not any as a package though) and I have placed them under fake names in my MDE account and have been able to use them when needed.

There are so many "odd" things about that entire ordeal that I have not attempted to speculate exactly what (multiple factors)
may have contributed to the major SNAFU for @DemonLlama.
CM errors and misunderstandings look to have caused much of the mess.
Sometimes just one or two "little things" can cause a snowball effect that can take herculean efforts to correct.

The very FIRST thing that stands out is that tickets purchased/booked prior to Feb. 12, 2017 and never used do not expire.
Anything after that looks too convoluted to try to unravel.

The most important thing is that it got resolved to the satisfaction of @DemonLlama.

1. Shouldn't be a problem.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. That COULD even be a better deal for you, depending on which "costs vs. other factors" mean more to you.

@Robo, Thanks for such a quick reply.

I might upgrade one ticket on the arrival day for this, but we normally uber or bus to the parks, and don't buy much merch. We only have 2 Table service reservations right now, so the Gold passes outweigh the dining discount by quite a bit.

And just to clarify, for number 2 after the upgrade I would technically be in the park on a blackout day with a gold pass. This should be ok? This would be my ideal solution as we'd like to spend the day somewhere with our flight not leaving until around 10:00, and if I could go to GS first thing when we arrived at the park I wouldn't need to worry about leaving early to deal with guest services outside the gate.

I have a question about bridging Universal tickets that I hope the experts here can help me with. I've read about ticket upgrading/bridging (I think I'm getting the terms correct) but have never actually done it . . . I need tickets for Universal and am wondering if I buy 2-day non-park to park (through the Chase UR site), can I upgrade those to park-to-park once we get there? (There is a small discount on the non-PTP tickets but not the PTP).

And if I can upgrade, how exactly would that work? From what I understand, I will get some sort of code that I take to the will-call booth at US. I'm assuming I can upgrade then? I would love to hear form someone who has done this (assuming it can be done)!

I have a question about bridging Universal tickets that I hope the experts here can help me with. I've read about ticket upgrading/bridging (I think I'm getting the terms correct) but have never actually done it . . . I need tickets for Universal and am wondering if I buy 2-day non-park to park (through the Chase UR site), can I upgrade those to park-to-park once we get there? (There is a small discount on the non-PTP tickets but not the PTP).

And if I can upgrade, how exactly would that work? From what I understand, I will get some sort of code that I take to the will-call booth at US. I'm assuming I can upgrade then? I would love to hear form someone who has done this (assuming it can be done)!
I’m sorry to say that I know nothing at all about Universal Studios tickets.
I’ve never even seen a discussion about upgrading them.

@Robo- for number 2 after the upgrade I would technically be in the park on a blackout day with a gold pass. This should be ok? This would be my ideal solution as we'd like to spend the day somewhere with our flight not leaving until around 10:00, and if I could go to GS first thing when we arrived at the park I wouldn't need to worry about leaving early to deal with guest services outside the gate.

Once you are legally INSIDE the park using a regular ticket, you can stay there.

Hoping someone can help me validate the logic used below. I want to be properly equipped for our AP renewals. Thank you!!

Time for my annual sanity check before our AP renewal:

Scenario: Family of 4 (2 adults, 11 year old, and 9 year old) all have current Platinum APs with expiration in January 2019. We booked a free dining package for Christmas, including 10-day Park Hoppers, back in April 2018. As we have the past 5 years, we plan to use the package tickets towards renewing our APs.

I have calculated as such:

10-day Park Hopper (age 10+, from Feb-Oct 2018, including tax) = $553.80 (from Allears archive)
10-day Park Hopper (age 3-9, from Feb-Oct 2018, including tax) = $532.50 (from Allears archive)

Platinum AP renewal price = $808.34

Renewal cost remainder (age 10+) = $808.34 - $553.80 = $254.54
Renewal cost remainder (age 3-9) = $808.34 - $532.50 = $275.84

Total we should pay at renewal = (3 x $254.54) + (1 x $275.84) = $1,039.46

I so appreciate this thread and your infinite knowledge. Only twice in the 5 years we've done this has Guest Relations known to bridge the price from the free dining discounted price to the actual ticket price. The other 3 times, I've had to point it out and one year I almost had to walk away because the cast member said I was incorrect and was rather rude about it. Because of this thread, I feel better prepared to get the right price for our renewals. Thank you!!

Time for my annual sanity check before our AP renewal:

Scenario: Family of 4 (2 adults, 11 year old, and 9 year old) all have current Platinum APs with expiration in January 2019. We booked a free dining package for Christmas, including 10-day Park Hoppers, back in April 2018. As we have the past 5 years, we plan to use the package tickets towards renewing our APs.

I have calculated as such:

A. 10-day Park Hopper (age 10+, from Feb-Oct 2018, including tax) = $553.80 (from Allears archive)
B. 10-day Park Hopper (age 3-9, from Feb-Oct 2018, including tax) = $532.50 (from Allears archive)

C. Platinum AP renewal price = $808.34

D. Renewal cost remainder (age 10+) = $808.34 - $553.80 = $254.54
E. Renewal cost remainder (age 3-9) = $808.34 - $532.50 = $275.84

F. Total we should pay at renewal = (3 x $254.54) + (1 x $275.84) = $1,039.46

I so appreciate this thread and your infinite knowledge. Only twice in the 5 years we've done this has Guest Relations known to bridge the price from the free dining discounted price to the actual ticket price. The other 3 times, I've had to point it out and one year I almost had to walk away because the cast member said I was incorrect and was rather rude about it. Because of this thread, I feel better prepared to get the right price for our renewals. Thank you!!

A. Correct.
B. Correct.
C. I'll take your word for that.
D. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
E. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
F. If "C." is accurate, then that is correct.
Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!