1. Anyone bought tickets thru Tickets at Work lately?
These just became available to me yesterday. Also,
2. can they be upgraded like tickets from UT?
1. They are an authorized WDW ticket seller and an often-chosen source of WDW tickets.
2. Yes.

Thanks for this!

I didn't realize that resort guests automatically receive MBs even if park tickets haven't been purchased. I just checked "MagicBand Order Status" in MDE, and I'm still a little confused (BTW, this is for my parents, who are waiting until the last minute to purchase tickets for a few reasons; my family has our MBs & FP+ ready to go). Under my parents names, it says "Pick up your customized MagicBand order at your Resort Front Desk", which is funny because I never customized their bands (?).

In any case, it sounds like they'll receive MBs at the front desk when they check-in :-)

If you do nothing prior to check-in, you get gray magic bands with your name in them, hence "customized." (At least that's what happened when we didn't know to customize early for our 2017 trip.)

I have an unusual situation. I have tried searching this thread, but was unable to find anything.

DH and I have Florida resident week day passes that expire 1/11/2020. We have had this type of pass for a few years now, but my brother and his family are moving to St. Cloud this year and I expect we will want to get the regular seasonal pass as he has school age children.

I would like to go to the parks on Sat 1/4 and Sun 1/5. This is just 1 week before our passes expire and I really hate to upgrade our current passes for just this one weekend. Is it possible to just get a new AP to begin 1/4 while our current APs are still active? Would I be able to get the renewal rate, or would I need to pay for a new AP?

Thanks, for your help.

Laura

I have an unusual situation. I have tried searching this thread, but was unable to find anything.

DH and I have Florida resident week day passes that expire 1/11/2020. We have had this type of pass for a few years now, but my brother and his family are moving to St. Cloud this year and I expect we will want to get the regular seasonal pass as he has school age children.

I would like to go to the parks on Sat 1/4 and Sun 1/5. This is just 1 week before our passes expire and
A. I really hate to upgrade our current passes for just this one weekend.
B. Is it possible to just get a new AP to begin 1/4 while our current APs are still active?
C. Would I be able to get the renewal rate, or
D. would I need to pay for a new AP?

Thanks, for your help.

Laura

passes that expire 1/11/2020
go to the parks on Sat 1/4 and Sun 1/5

A. You would NOT want to do that.
B. Yes.
C. Maybe, if you were to explain as above and to "ask very nicely."
D. That would be the normal procedure (but see "C" above.)

My family of 3 all has APs. My son is going on a trip with my cousin and her family She booked a package with tickets. Since my son already has an AP, can't we "hold" his ticket and use it towards his renewal? Would we need to reassign his ticket in MDE, so it doesn't get used?

My family of 3 all has APs. My son is going on a trip with my cousin and her family She booked a package with tickets.
1. Since my son already has an AP, can't we "hold" his ticket and use it towards his renewal?
2. Would we need to reassign his ticket in MDE, so it doesn't get used?
1. Yes.
2. You don't "need" to, but that would be a good way to make sure that it was not used.

If we have tickets booked along with the free dining deal, can we re-assign those tickets to someone else to use at a later date as long as the expiration date hasn't occurred?

We're losing our AP in early October but I am definitely upgrading my package tickets in December to a DVC gold pass because it should only be $111.xx (if I did my math right). This upgrade is cheaper than paying for another Memory Maker. If we get package deals in 2020 for another stay, could I save my tickets from that package and assign them to another person in our family who doesn't have park tickets?

If we have tickets booked along with the free dining deal,
1. can we re-assign those tickets to someone else to use at a later date as long as the expiration date hasn't occurred?
We're losing our AP in early October but I am definitely upgrading my package tickets in December to a DVC gold pass because it should only be $111.xx (if I did my math right). This upgrade is cheaper than paying for another Memory Maker.
2. If we get package deals in 2020 for another stay, could I save my tickets from that package and assign them to another person in our family who doesn't have park tickets?
1. You can, after you arrive at WDW.
2. Yes.

I have a 4 day park hopper ticket and also a 1 day MK ticket linked to my magic band. I will be going to the MK on the 4th and 5th day of trip and other parks the first three days. Will the 4 day park hopper be used first if I am going to the other parks the first 3 days of my trip? Thanks

I have a 4 day park hopper ticket and also a 1 day MK ticket linked to my magic band. I will be going to the MK on the 4th and 5th day of trip and other parks the first three days. Will the 4 day park hopper be used first if I am going to the other parks the first 3 days of my trip? Thanks
YOU need to make sure that the correct ticket is used.

Before you go to any park gate, you can create a "fake name" in your MDX account and transfer the ticket that you DON'T want to use to that "person."
Then, when you are ready to use that "protected" ticket, (as long as you do NOT have any other valid tickets still in your MDX) transfer the "protected" ticket back to YOUR name for use at the park gate.

-OR-
Before you go to any park gate, go to any Guest Relations and have the ticket that you DO want to use NEXT set to the highest PRIORITY in your MDX account.
That highest priority ticket will then continue to be used until it is all used up, or you have its priority set below that of another ticket that you want to use next.

Last edited:
I bought Canadian promo tickets that is parkhoppers with water parks. I wanted to know, if I went to a water park, would that take a day out from the number of days from my normal tickets or are they separate?
i.e. 8 day park hopper/ water park
8 days in park
2 days in water park

Is this ok?

Thanks in advance!

I bought Canadian promo tickets that is parkhoppers with water parks. I wanted to know,
A. if I went to a water park, would that take a day out from the number of days from my normal tickets
B. or are they separate?
i.e. 8 day park hopper/ water park
C. 8 days in park
D. 2 days in water park
E. Is this ok?

Thanks in advance!
A. No.
B. Yes.
C. Yes.
D. Yup.
E. That's OK.

I know there have been other data points posted, but I just wanted to share an additional data point of successfully applying the value of a UT ticket toward a Gold AP renewal. Last week, 2 date-specific tickets for Christmas week of this year purchased from UT prior to the recent price increase were used for the upgrade at Disney Springs. The CM at first tried to apply the "price" found in their system that UT paid Disney for the ticket. The CM was gently advised that the "value" of the ticket was much greater than that "price" and at that point the CM retrieved the actual "value" of the ticket had it been purchased from Disney and successfully bridged the ticket. The CM was also knowledgeable in applying the ticket toward an AP renewal, which is sometimes difficult for them to accomplish.

Question regarding MDE and old tickets linked- we have an upcoming stay booked thru a timeshare/DVC. We can see the reservation in MDE. Now.... if we want to, they'll send us new Magic bands to open door etc. (we will get those. We have old MB from last year.Do we just leave them at home,and use the new ones? My core question is this- I also have an old NE ticket left in my MDE acct. If I get/use my new MB ,it will work to utilize the old ticket media I'd like to use? (not adding any new tickets) I think the answer is yes, but I need to verify please.
and..... linking a fam member, if I linked them to my friend list on our last trip, do I simply add the names to current reservation,order the bands,and we're good to go without doing/adding anything else? thanks.

Question regarding MDE and old tickets linked- we have an upcoming stay booked thru a timeshare/DVC. We can see the reservation in MDE. Now.... if we want to, they'll send us new Magic bands to open door etc.
1. (we will get those.
We have old MB from last year.
2. Do we just leave them at home,and use the new ones?
My core question is this- I also have an old NE ticket left in my MDE acct.
3. If I get/use my new MB ,it will work to utilize the old ticket media I'd like to use? (not adding any new tickets)
4. I think the answer is yes, but I need to verify please.
and..... linking a fam member, if I linked them to my friend list on our last trip,
5. do I simply add the names to current reservation,order the bands,and we're good to go without doing/adding anything else? thanks.
1. OK.
2. You can. Or, you can use both sets of MB, interchangeably.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. That's one way to do it.

Now.... if we want to, they'll send us new Magic bands to open door etc. (we will get those. We have old MB from last year.Do we just leave them at home,and use the new ones?
I always have at least 2 MBs per person with us, just in case.....plus, you can match your outfits :)

Help! I can't find any information on "complimentary" tickets - here is my situation:

I WON (4) 1-Day Park Hopper tickets in a raffle that was put on by a non-profit. They received these tickets through Disney, and I have them in my possession. When I start to link them (I haven't finished the "linking" process yet, as I'm not sure who is using what or when, I just wanted to see what it would say) they say "Magic Your Way 1-Day Ticket with Park Hopper - Complimentary". On the back, along with the regular bar code and QR code, down the bottom it says:
1 DAY PARK HOPPER COMM REL IN FOCUS COMP
WDW 12/20/2018

I have questions:
Does anyone know anything about these tickets?
Do they have an expiration date (it doesn't say during the linking process)?
Are there black-out dates?
Can I combine them to upgrade to an AP??

So interesting! And yes, I know how lucky that is! I never win anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!