CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Same here! And we bought good sit on tubes for the lazy river that had cupholders. The Cabana Bay "sippy cup" went with us there too! :drinking1

I got one of those for my next trip too. (2.5 weeks!) The bartenders at the pool bars were very nice; once one found out I liked gin she was telling me about drinks she could make me that weren't on the menu.

I'm confused about the types of rooms at Cabana Bay.

I do not need a family suite.

If I book under the Stay More/Save More rate, my options for my dates are:
- poolside room
- volcano side room

If I book under the (more expensive) Standard Rate, my options for my dates are:
- standard room
- poolside room
- volcano side room

The poolside room under the Stay More/Save More Rate is cheaper than the Standard room under the Standard Rate.

All are described as tower rooms.

I never open the curtains, so I don't care about the view.

Can someone please explain to me the differences between these types of rooms (other than the view)?

I'm confused about the types of rooms at Cabana Bay.

I do not need a family suite.

If I book under the Stay More/Save More rate, my options for my dates are:
- poolside room
- volcano side room

If I book under the (more expensive) Standard Rate, my options for my dates are:
- standard room
- poolside room
- volcano side room

The poolside room under the Stay More/Save More Rate is cheaper than the Standard room under the Standard Rate.

All are described as tower rooms.

I never open the curtains, so I don't care about the view.

Can someone please explain to me the differences between these types of rooms (other than the view)?

The tower suites have indoor corridors. That is the main difference between Tower and Courtyard (which don't seem to be an option for you). So for you, the rooms are basically the same.

Thanks Damo. If the rooms are basically the same, I don't care about the view, and I would like to be close to the bus, what should I request?

Thanks Damo. If the rooms are basically the same, I don't care about the view, and I would like to be close to the bus, what should I request?

Americana section, low floor, closer to the main hall (lower room number on las two digits.

Americana is considered buildings number 5 and 6 (first number in your room number, 5 is closest to the main hall and transportation)
Floor is the second number 1 through 7 (seven floors)
Room number starts at 00 and goes up the further you get away from the dining hall

So to be closest to the transportation, you'd want a room similar to 5100.

Americana section, low floor, closer to the main hall (lower room number on las two digits.

Americana is considered buildings number 5 and 6 (first number in your room number, 5 is closest to the main hall and transportation)
Floor is the second number 1 through 7 (seven floors)
Room number starts at 00 and goes up the further you get away from the dining hall

So to be closest to the transportation, you'd want a room similar to 5100.

Thank you!!!!!

We wound up picking tower over Courtyard. Are the towers convenient to transportation and food court?

When getting a tower pool view room is there a quieter location to request? I don't want to hear the volcano at volcano bay. Also don't want a long walk. Would like to be convenient to the food court and the bus. Thanks!!

So... We've never stayed here but have become "spoiled" with FOTL access very our recent stays at the Royal Pacific and PB. My question is how do you handle not having FOTL access? My guess is we would need to add that on to our park tickets? Does it even exist?

When getting a tower pool view room is there a quieter location to request? I don't want to hear the volcano at volcano bay. Also don't want a long walk. Would like to be convenient to the food court and the bus. Thanks!!

The Volcano doesn't make any sounds that I'm aware of. The rooms are far enough back from the pool that you do not get a ton of noise, though you do hear the music and such at nighttime until 11pm when everything goes quiet.

This is my first time staying off Disney property, we are a family of 5, 2 adults, 13 y/o girl,12 y/o boy and 8y/o boy. Is a family suite really big enough or should we reserve adjoined standard rooms?

This is my first time staying off Disney property, we are a family of 5, 2 adults, 13 y/o girl,12 y/o boy and 8y/o boy. Is a family suite really big enough or should we reserve adjoined standard rooms?
In my opinion it's big enough. It's not huge but the layout makes good use of the space, and as long as your boys will share a bed it should work out fine. We are usually a family of four, but dd20 is bringing a friend this time. We are only staying at CBBR for three nights this time. I am not sure I would want to do a full week with our group of five but that is about the extra person and feeling a little weird with someone who isn't family in the space. We've done a week with just the four of us.
This is a very good review with pictures..

http://**************.net/2014/12/1...cabana-bay-beach-resort-at-universal-orlando/

In my opinion it's big enough. It's not huge but the layout makes good use of the space, and as long as your boys will share a bed it should work out fine. We are usually a family of four, but dd20 is bringing a friend this time. We are only staying at CBBR for three nights this time. I am not sure I would want to do a full week with our group of five but that is about the extra person and feeling a little weird with someone who isn't family in the space. We've done a week with just the four of us.
This is a very good review with pictures..

http://**************.net/2014/12/1...cabana-bay-beach-resort-at-universal-orlando/

THANK YOU!

I just booked one night at Cabana Bay after our longer stay at Royal Pacific in December. We are staying club level at RPR but since we will have express pass for the whole day of our check out from RPR, switching to CBBR for our last night will save us a nice chunk of cash. I booked a standard room at CBBR so that means we will be in the tower, correct? Also, how long will it take to move our things from RPR to CBBR? Our plan right now is to spend our last day at CBBR enjoying the pool if it's warm enough and maybe do some bowling and then head to the parks at night to enjoy the Christmas lights in the Harry Potter portions of the parks, ride a few of our favorite rides a final time, and let our daughter buy a few souvenirs. I hope the pool will be warm enough to swim in December! To be honest, I'm not 100 percent sold on the theme of the rooms at CBBR but I am keeping an open mind!

Last edited:
I just booked one night at Cabana Bay after our longer stay at Royal Pacific in December. We are staying club level at RPR but since we will have express pass for the whole day of our check out from RPR, switching to CBBR for our last night will save us a nice chunk of cash. I booked a standard room at CBBR so that means we will be in the tower, correct? Also, how long will it take to move our things from RPR to CBBR? Our plan right now is to spend our last day at CBBR enjoying the pool if it's warm enough and maybe do some bowling and then head to the parks at night to enjoy the Christmas lights in the Harry Potter portions of the parks, ride a few of our favorite rides a final time, and let our daughter buy a few souvenirs. I hope the pool will be warm enough to swim in December! To be honest, I'm not 100 percent sold on the theme of the rooms at CBBR but I am keeping an open mind!

DO you have your own vehicle or will you be using their transportation? With your own vehicle, it shouldn't be more than about half an hour to move things over and check them with bell services. You don't need to actually check in to get rid of your luggage.

DO you have your own vehicle or will you be using their transportation? With your own vehicle, it shouldn't be more than about half an hour to move things over and check them with bell services. You don't need to actually check in to get rid of your luggage.

Thanks for the reply. We will have our own car.

Less than a month to go. Been 3 years, last stay was at Royal Pacific and need advice...
Going first week of September.

- Got a Tower Volcano room, host over the phone was sure to hold a room for me on the 5th or 6th floor facing the front of the Volcano and wave pool. I'm assuming this should be a good room with a great view?

- Can you use your Starbucks app to place mobile orders inside of the hotel?

- What and where are the best options for food in the hotel?

- What and where are the best options for food at Citywalk?

- Will I need Express Pass at all?

- Any activities I should be sure to do at the hotel?

- Will I need a locker at VB if my room is so close?

Thank you for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!