CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Less than a month to go. Been 3 years, last stay was at Royal Pacific and need advice...
Going first week of September.

- Got a Tower Volcano room, host over the phone was sure to hold a room for me on the 5th or 6th floor facing the front of the Volcano and wave pool. I'm assuming this should be a good room with a great view?

- Can you use your Starbucks app to place mobile orders inside of the hotel?

- What and where are the best options for food in the hotel?

- What and where are the best options for food at Citywalk?

- Will I need Express Pass at all?

- Any activities I should be sure to do at the hotel?

- Will I need a locker at VB if my room is so close?

Thank you for your help.

The hotel has a foodcourt. You shouldn't need express for your time there.

Hello
Quick question are express passes usually needed in February?

Thanks

Last edited:
I stayed onsite and did the parks first week of feb this year

Only Saturday, opening day for Mardi Gras had waits for rides
The later in the day had ride waits get longer
Sunday was not as crowded

Days after that were less in the park

We had the hotel ep but I made note of wait times for the regular ride lines as friends were arriving later and they were not staying onsite

Mid feb will have more crowds

Quick question about Volcano Side rooms. Will they all have views of the nightly volcano show at Volcano Bay, or is that just going to be visible from the 2 bedroom suites? Really no idea about the layout with those views since it's all so new.

Quick question about Volcano Side rooms. Will they all have views of the nightly volcano show at Volcano Bay, or is that just going to be visible from the 2 bedroom suites? Really no idea about the layout with those views since it's all so new.

When I talked to a hotel rep on the phone she recommended floors 5 or higher.
Be sure to also request tower that has a front of the Volcano (wave pool) view. The other tower looks to give you the backside, which isn't the most attractive thing.

Is it difficult to use the tower side pool (lazy river) if you stay on the courtyard side?

If you are staying at Cabana Bay, can you arrive at 8am the morning of arrival, park, and walk over to Volcano Bay (even if the room isn't ready yet)?

EDIT: Called and found out that you can. Disregard.

Last edited:

If you are staying at Cabana Bay, can you arrive at 8am the morning of arrival, park, and walk over to Volcano Bay (even if the room isn't ready yet)?

EDIT: Called and found out that you can. Disregard.
Yes. You can 'pre-register' for your room beginning at 7. They give you keys (but haven't assigned room no.). We dropped the luggage off, printed tickets at a kiosk in the lobby, parked the car, and walked over to Volcano Bay. We got a text about 2 that afternoon that room was ready. Went to back to desk, checked in (found out room number), and picked up luggage with no problems and little wait.

Just booked Cabana Bay for Nov. 11-15. Has anyone had success requesting a particular room location? Ideally, I'd like to be close to the lobby and food court and on the side closest to Sapphire Falls, because I plan on using the water taxi rather than the bus.

Is it difficult to use the tower side pool (lazy river) if you stay on the courtyard side?
No. We use both depending on what we feel like that day. It's just an extra five minutes at the most to walk through the lobby building.

Are they still using that little robot "guy" to deliver room service? I know they were testing it, but haven't heard much about it since then.

For those that have stayed in a poolside courtyard family suite, do you have a preference for which building and/or floor? Can you fax room requests similar to WDW?

For those that have stayed in a poolside courtyard family suite, do you have a preference for which building and/or floor? Can you fax room requests similar to WDW?
I haven't stayed in one yet, we are usually on the back side of the Courtyard pool buildings in a family suite. We prefer the back side because it's quieter, but there was no AP rate rooms left on the Courtyard side unless we took pool side suite. Anyway, I am not too worried about it, but I am going to ask for top floor just to not have as much noise with people walking by. However, we don't go to bed super early and I don't think it will be too bad no matter where we are. All the buildings feel pretty equal to me, as they surround the pool. I don't have a preference.

I feel pretty effing betrayed. I just arrive at Cabana Bay (7pm Saturday Evening) with my 4 kids after getting soaked in a down pour at Seaworld, only to find out that the booking we made for our two bedroom suite in the new Cabana Bay tower (with view of Volcano Bay) has been changed and the hotel offered us 2 joining suites in the Thunderbird tower. My kids and I have been looking forward to this since April, when I booked the tickets. Manager told me their is a maintenance issue in one of the towers. Told him I think you just bumped me. We are here for 3 weeks in Florida and this is our last week. My vacation is setting me back a fair chunk of change and time invested getting all arranged. For this last week alone, I have spent $1700 on tickets for Universal for 6 people, and it is $2000 for our hotel room. They have offered me $700 off the hotel. I could have booked 2 family suites back in April and my overall saving from his offer is really $300.

Its hardly about the money. I think they just shafted me because they're overbooked. I am utterly pissed off. I spent $1700 with Busch Garden Vacations which included tickets for Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Adventure Island Water park, as well as 5 night hotel for 6 people, and not a single hitch at half the price.

My first time staying on Universal resort, as we usually get a house in Windsor Hills with a big family. Not impressed at all. Ruining my vacation.

Last edited:
Finding out after you checked in this evening would be a shock to me if I had that experience..

Hope the week you are at UO has no more glitches

I thought I read somewhere that CBBR has a refillable mug program like Disney. Is that true, and if so where can someone either explain it to me or point me to where I can find some more information about it.

i looked at the sticky and did not find the info there.

there have been some past stickies about the refill system for soft drinks.

i'll try to do a search from what has been posted before...since you are new to the Disboards, not sure if you know how to use the search button in the upper right hand corner.

or you could send your question to guest services and they will be prompt in replying to you about any drink program

tumblr_n3csz3ooJ11qh5vtfo1_500.jpg

this is from 2014 and do not know if it still is valid for 2017.
if it is not, could be a similar program?

check with damo's food sticky
something current might be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter