CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Many bring their own blow ups or noodles to the pool

TM will inflate them for you at poolside
Yes! We bought the inflatable noodles on Amazon and they worked perfectly, took up no space at all in the luggage! They inflated them for us for free but we tipped them. Gave them to another family when we checked out!

Hello

I Have two questions

One being will a better discount
Come out for Mach besides stay more save more?
Also how comfortable is the pull out couch?
For two adults for 12 night?
Thanks

Hello

Also how comfortable is the pull out couch?

Thanks

I never slept on the pull-out. I do know it would not work for me, my height, or my bad back. It is a 4" thick mattress. Typical design, no surprise. I relegated it to my DD who is a spry, short, teenager. She loved it.

I saw the pull out sofa at Cbay and reminded me of the pull out sofa at rpr king suite

Took adult son with me in February to rpr

I gave him the bedroom and I used the pull out sofa as my bed in the living room

Mattress was so far broken down low spots not easy to sleep On

Tn came to put blankets on it for the low spots on in

Made a more tolerable sleep
On it then
Next day the staff brought in a new mattress for me and all was well for me thene
I called loews service for help for the low broken down sections of the broken portion

Things like this happening very few times

If this happens ton you the matteress
Can be exchanged by. Calling either star service or the front desk

Just wanted to pop in and say we stayed in a family suite for 3 nights a couple of weeks ago and LOVED it. We were in Castaway. It was a wonderful stay and we will definitely do it again.

We are at Cabana Bay now for one night after a longer stay at Royal Pacific. We are in the Bayside tower and it's a long way from the lobby, diner, and the pool with the slide. It's very close to Volcano Bay but we didn't go there. We are fine here for one night but I wouldn't stay longer than that, at least not in this location. We are on the side of the tower facing the volcano and have a lovely view of Volcano Bay from the 10th floor but I can hear a lot of highway noise. Our room seems new and fresh but, as I suspected, the theming here doesn't really appeal to me. Oh well, at least we can say we tried it.

Last edited:
We stayed at Cabana Bay from Dec 15th thru dec 19th. We are a family of 6. We normally stay at Disney but decided to give this a try. We really loved the vintage vibe and the price for sure. We stayed at castaway. I was a little concerned we would be able to hear everything but I don't think we ever heard any noises from the hallway. We were pool view. Absolutely would stay there again with no hesitation.

Hi, I’m joining your thread as I’m going to this hotel for a whole 12 nights later this year! My family’s first ever visit to Universal. We know this will be a long stay but we are hoping to make it as relaxing as possible, lots of pool time, shopping, beach visits as well as theme park time!
I’m just wondering about a few trivial things:
With the refillable cup, is it just fizzy drinks and coffee that are available? How about tea/hot chocolate/juice? My ds won’t drink anything fizzy.
What is a good standard room location for us to request? Ideally staying for that length of time we don’t want to be too far from lobby/diner/pool.
How can we go about saving money on eating and drinking? Can we get groceries delivered or take out food delivered?
How easy is it to get off site for shopping and restaurants? Hoping to go to mall at millenia and Florida mall if possible- is public transport an option or would we have to get taxi? Is anything walking distance?
Thank you!

Staying in Tower Family Suite. I noticed on videos they have a small alarm clock between the beds. Does anyone know if its luminous (glow in the dark) type ? Thanks

We are long time Disney goers. We are thinking about doing a few days at Universal (both parks) and then a few days at Disney.

We are thinking about staying at Cabana Bay for the entire trip. Give me some reasons that it is worth not staying at Disney.....THANK YOU in Advance.

We are long time Disney goers. We are thinking about doing a few days at Universal (both parks) and then a few days at Disney.

We are thinking about staying at Cabana Bay for the entire trip. Give me some reasons that it is worth not staying at Disney.....THANK YOU in Advance.
Which Disney hotels do you normally stay?

I ask so I would have an idea which of the uo hotels would be comparable

We have stayed at most. We stayed at Hard Rock in the past and we were very disappointed.

Cabana Bay is appealing to us.

Hi, I’m joining your thread as I’m going to this hotel for a whole 12 nights later this year! My family’s first ever visit to Universal. We know this will be a long stay but we are hoping to make it as relaxing as possible, lots of pool time, shopping, beach visits as well as theme park time!
I’m just wondering about a few trivial things:
With the refillable cup, is it just fizzy drinks and coffee that are available? How about tea/hot chocolate/juice? My ds won’t drink anything fizzy.
What is a good standard room location for us to request? Ideally staying for that length of time we don’t want to be too far from lobby/diner/pool.
How can we go about saving money on eating and drinking? Can we get groceries delivered or take out food delivered?
How easy is it to get off site for shopping and restaurants? Hoping to go to mall at millenia and Florida mall if possible- is public transport an option or would we have to get taxi? Is anything walking distance?
Thank you!

In terms of the refill cups, they have the coke freestyle machines (the ones with touch screens with tons of options). There are plenty of non-fizzy drink options in them (our personal favourite was the cherry-limeade). Also, you can use them for coffee, tea, hot chocolate and slushee's!

In terms of room location, have a look at the following resort map:

https://orlandoinformer.com/wp-cont...t-south-courtyard-tower-pool-area-6278-oi.jpg

Closest to the lobby/diner would be the "right most" rooms in the Americana building. In terms of pools there are two (large) separate ones. The one on the left among the tower rooms is a pool and lazy river. The one on the right is among the Courtyard room (which are all family suite rooms). The pool near there has a water slide.

Do you know what kind of room you plan to stay in?

Last edited:
Heading to Florida in a few weeks, with 4 of our nights at Cabana Bay, and just wanted to thank all those who have posted info here. - I've just finished reading (and taking some notes :teacher:) and found it very helpful. I'm super excited for the trip now!!

I'm checking in there tomorrow. If we don't get an answer by then, I will ask and let you know. :)

In terms of the refill cups, they have the coke freestyle machines (the ones with touch screens with tons of options). There are plenty of non-fizzy drink options in them (our personal favourite was the cherry-limeade). Also, you can use them for coffee, tea, hot chocolate and slushee's!

In terms of room location, have a look at the following resort map:

https://orlandoinformer.com/wp-cont...t-south-courtyard-tower-pool-area-6278-oi.jpg

Closest to the lobby/diner would be the "right most" rooms in the Americana building. In terms of pools there are two (large) separate ones. The one on the left among the tower rooms is a pool and lazy river. The one on the right is among the Courtyard room (which are all family suite rooms). The pool near there has a water slide.

Do you know what kind of room you plan to stay in?
Tommy - thank you so much for this info and the map. We are just staying in one of the standard ie cheapest rooms but it says on our confirmation “partial pool view”. I don’t think we can expect much in terms of location but I might try asking to be as near to the centre as possible! Worth a try

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter