CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

We usually do the bus to the parks and the boat to Sapphire Falls and walk across on the way back. Taking the boat back is nice because you get a brief rest before you have to do more walking. We've also taken the bus back to the hotel (which is also perfectly do-able), but the walk through City Walk seems like forever on tired feet.

We usually do the bus to the parks and the boat to Sapphire Falls and walk across on the way back. Taking the boat back is nice because you get a brief rest before you have to do more walking. We've also taken the bus back to the hotel (which is also perfectly do-able), but the walk through City Walk seems like forever on tired feet.
Could you explain the boat to me? We have taken the bus but was not aware of a boat system. I know Sapphire Falls is just across the street from CC (I think) so it would be nothing to cross the road.
TIA

This is what we do, and it's great! The other good thing after a long day is that the walk from Sapphire Falls is mostly downhill, and not uphill like CityWalk :)

Could you explain the boat to me? We have taken the bus but was not aware of a boat system. I know Sapphire Falls is just across the street from CC (I think) so it would be nothing to cross the road.
TIA

Hi it is the water taxi system. A boat runs from the three deluxe hotels and SF to city walk. If you cross over the street to Sapphire Falls go inside and ask the desk the way to the boat launch. You will go through a security check at the boat launch then get on the boat. The longest I have waited for a boat was about 10 minutes. Once you are on the boat it will bring you to city walk close to the studios and you get off. We did this one morning to the parks, but honestly I found the buses from Cabana Bay to be just as good. You're welcome!

TIA

The boat dock is on the lagoon in between both parks, there are lines for each of the resorts the boats go to, once you dock at SF go into the building and take the elevator to the lobby, then through the front door and across the street. The first time we did it, we made the mistake of walking up the stairs in SF to get to the lobby...there's an elevator right there, we just didn't see it lol

Also, the walking path takes you down and around to get to Cabana Bay, we just very carefully cross at the light.

Note that while SF and CBBR are just across the street from each other, there is no walkway to cross the street between the two hotels at the light. In fact there is a sign stating you should not walk across that street. Instead, you would need to walk down a pathway along the road and then use a crosswalk to get across the street. While it will make the walk a little longer (i.e. 5 minutes or so), it is much safer than trying to walk across the street at the light.

Last edited:
We stayed here about a month ago in the family suites and fell in love with this resort!

Both pools are really great, and the fact that they don't close until 11 (unlike the ones down the road that close at 8 :crazy2:) make them even better!

Cant wait to return in a month!

Note that while SF and CBBR are just across the street from each other, there is no walkway to cross the street between the two hotels at the light. In fact there is a sign stating you should not walk across that street. Instead, you would need to walk down a pathway along the road and then use a crosswalk to get across the street. While it will make the walk a little longer (i.e. 5 minutes or so), it is much safer than trying to walk across the street at the light.

Yeah, and I dutifully took the longer walkway in February, but there was a section of it that was closed for some sort of construction so I had to walk in the street for about 20 feet until I could cut back through the foliage to the walkway. So I just crossed at the light on the way back. For people used to crossing major roads at traffic lights, it is not that difficult, you just have to watch the traffic.

Is a Poolside Room any noisier than a Standard or Volcano View? For the dates I'm looking at, Poolside is currently the cheapest option, followed by Volcano, THEN Standard. Would prefer a quiet room if possible. No idea if it's like Disney where the pool view rooms can be noisy. Thanks!

Is a Poolside Room any noisier than a Standard or Volcano View? For the dates I'm looking at, Poolside is currently the cheapest option, followed by Volcano, THEN Standard. Would prefer a quiet room if possible. No idea if it's like Disney where the pool view rooms can be noisy. Thanks!

Our last familiy suite was pool view and it was not noisy. We were on the 4th floor, don't know if that makes a difference...

Towers or Courtyard?

The towers have interior corridors so I wouldn't be too worried about the noise on them. We've stayed there several times (including one time on the ground floor) and haven't had any issues with noise. On the other hand, I've heard that the volcano side is quite noisy.

The towers have interior corridors so I wouldn't be too worried about the noise on them. We've stayed there several times (including one time on the ground floor) and haven't had any issues with noise. On the other hand, I've heard that the volcano side is quite noisy.
Wonderful! Thank you.

Yeah, and I dutifully took the longer walkway in February, but there was a section of it that was closed for some sort of construction so I had to walk in the street for about 20 feet until I could cut back through the foliage to the walkway. So I just crossed at the light on the way back. For people used to crossing major roads at traffic lights, it is not that difficult, you just have to watch the traffic.

This is what we did. It's not that crazy an intersection. I really don't know why they don't just put in a crosswalk and be done with it. I suppose if you are from a little town with no traffic, it might seem daunting to cross there, but if you spend any time in cities, it's not a big deal.

Back from our stay at Cabana Bay last week. Let me say, it is a really neat resort! Our room looked directly over Volcano Bay park and it was an incredible view with that entire wall being a huge window. The only downside was we heard the gonging of the Volcano every morning starting around 7 or 8. But it wasn't like we were sleeping in much later than that, anyway.

The buses worked great and were ALWAYS there. I never waited for a bus, not once. There was usually one waiting behind the other.

We took boats back in the evening and walked across the street from Sapphire Falls back to our hotel. Short walk and it was much better than walking all the way through City Walk. Only once were the lines long for a boat but that was because it was around 10pm and lots of people were heading home.

If you stay in the Bayside Tower, it is a long way from the lobby but if you walk along the pool it isn't so bad. Plus, we didn't have a big need to go to the lobby very often.

Parking can be a pain, they don't have enough of it. We had a handicap tag and only once the entire time did we even find an available handicap spot. One night we found only one parking spot and it was because we got extremely lucky and caught someone backing out as we drove past for the 4th time. That is my only complaint, not enough parking.

We did 3 days at the Universal Parks (Universal and Islands) and had an absolute blast. Dare I say it was more fun than Disney?! I feel like I am cheating on Disney but I loved the thrill aspect of Universal that Disney severely lacks. Disney does a lot of things better than Universal but Universal takes what it does and does it very very well. I am very much looking forward to going back and would love to do a split-stay next time with some days at Universal and some on-site at Disney.

do any of the family suites connect to regular non suite rooms? There will be 5 of us and would love a kitchenette but don't really want to squish 5 adults into one suite.

do any of the family suites connect to regular non suite rooms? There will be 5 of us and would love a kitchenette but don't really want to squish 5 adults into one suite.

I am 99% sure I read somewhere that they do, but I can't find where I read that now. May be worth a quick call to the hotel to ask if no one has confirmation of that.

I am 99% sure I read somewhere that they do, but I can't find where I read that now. May be worth a quick call to the hotel to ask if no one has confirmation of that.

Funny thing is I called the hotel and that person thought yes, but the reservations girl said no. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter