CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Came back from a trip that was last weekend and wanted to report that requested a standard pool view room. We didn't make requests as we thought one of the towers was where the rooms were only, but we got into Americana, third level. We got a view of the fire pits / seating areas outside. We weren't near the pool area so we couldn't see it. However, we were very close to the main area of where the restaurant and everything else is. All we had to do is walk about 10-20 feet to the elevator and land right at the dining area for Bayliner diner. Also, we noticed the room was smaller than the one we had previously.

We didn't mind as it was two of us, but if there was three as we planned we would have had to move since we wouldn't be able to fit a blow up mattress in the room we had. Also, we didn't mind as we were near everything. However, we like views and don't mind the walking.

Just letting others know if they want to have a view of the actual pool they would have to move further away from the hub. If Americana is their building that they would also need to be on the top floor for the best view. It doesn't matter for the opposite building, but for Americana the lazy river is right in front of Americana and the view of the lazy river itself is blocked with rocks, then after that trees block the view for a couple of levels. So, to get a clear view you'd have to be in the higher levels of that building.

Does anyone know if any of the Family suites connect to one another? or do they connect at all to a regular room type? Meaning the family suite would connect to a 2 queen room.

I know that there are suites that connect to each other. Know the configuration of the suites and the standard rooms, I doubt that there are any that connect. there just isn't room in a standard room for a door.

I know that there are suites that connect to each other. Know the configuration of the suites and the standard rooms, I doubt that there are any that connect. there just isn't room in a standard room for a door.
Thank you. I'm really looking for the magic part of the diagram that gets DH his room space while giving DS access to Volcano Bay and me a room with a "kitchen area" and yes, I use that term loosely.

The family suites are essentially a little kitchenette area, a pull out sofa, and then a private partition and then two queen beds and the bathroom. Suites are not separate rooms from what I've heard/seen online. As for whether there are rooms that have a door that connect to another room I don't know. I've been in two standards personally and neither had a conjoining room.

I just had a look through my photos from our Nov 18 trip and can confirm some family suites do have conjoining rooms. We were in the Continental building if that helps.

Just got home today from a quick weekend trip. We loved everything about the resort. Staff was wonderful, beds comfy, room clean. We had a great view of Volcano Bay.

But...this resort must have been done with cheap construction. In our room, the faucet on the tub was coming from the wall, the wall molding was messed up (pics attached). In the halls, you could see the drywall cracking and crumbling. This was definitely a bummer because everything about the resort was great.

Hope nothing was leaking. I found my room up to par with Disney brand hotels but I think muggle housekeeping needs to improve a bit. They somehow overlooked two LOONG hairs on the mattress cover. I decided not to spend time complaining and tossed them into the trash can. The sheets underneath were clean. The coffee maker probably had been wiped clean or is never used. I suspect the latter as it was absolutely squeaky clean inside. Overall, the room was better than I was expecting. I guess you got a very popular room. What building was it in? Mine was on the top floor of the Americana wing facing Volcano Bay.

If we bring our own pool floats do they have to be the round style? I'm not saying I'm bringing a giant pink flamingo, but like the hammock style with inflatable sides for the adults and rings for the kids...

Hope nothing was leaking. I found my room up to par with Disney brand hotels but I think muggle housekeeping needs to improve a bit. They somehow overlooked two LOONG hairs on the mattress cover. I decided not to spend time complaining and tossed them into the trash can. The sheets underneath were clean. The coffee maker probably had been wiped clean or is never used. I suspect the latter as it was absolutely squeaky clean inside. Overall, the room was better than I was expecting. I guess you got a very popular room. What building was it in? Mine was on the top floor of the Americana wing facing Volcano Bay.
We were on the 6th floor of the Americana building.

If we bring our own pool floats do they have to be the round style? I'm not saying I'm bringing a giant pink flamingo, but like the hammock style with inflatable sides for the adults and rings for the kids...

I think someone said previously they accept other round rafts. Since that's true I would believe perhaps noodles. However, I'm not sure about a hammock style by itself, but you can try, I'm thinking more than likely something along the lines of what they already sell, or at least size. The "doughnut" rafts they sell are single, not double attached. The lazy river isn't massive. Also, floats are not required for the lazy river, just in case you're worried about that.

I think someone said previously they accept other round rafts. Since that's true I would believe perhaps noodles. However, I'm not sure about a hammock style by itself, but you can try, I'm thinking more than likely something along the lines of what they already sell, or at least size. The "doughnut" rafts they sell are single, not double attached. The lazy river isn't massive. Also, floats are not required for the lazy river, just in case you're worried about that.
the first time I stayed there I ended up buying some rings for my kids...this year (cross fingers) we will bring cheap ones for the kids and comfy ones for us. I'll stick with the small hammock style and try it.

I miss this hotel so much. I love it. Especially the Lazy River:lovestruc:lovestruc
I was just thinking the same thing! Stayed 5 nights in Feb, had to cancel my May trip, not sure when I will get back there. Could be more than a year, but my AP will get extended into Feb 2021 so who knows? Very sad.

The last time we were at CB was 2017. We got our resort refillable mug, the pool refillable mugs and our coke freestyle...all with the intention of being able to use them on our next trip. Can we use them still? I didn't put the resort and freestyle ones in the dishwasher because of the chip. 15904967234752062236427131546181.jpg

The last time we were at CB was 2017. We got our resort refillable mug, the pool refillable mugs and our coke freestyle...all with the intention of being able to use them on our next trip. Can we use them still? I didn't put the resort and freestyle ones in the dishwasher because of the chip. View attachment 497118

I was under the impression they are programmed for the duration of your stay. They might be able to reprogram them with a fee or just get new ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter