All of Florida's public K-12 schools are now required to reopen their campuses in August.

gwynne

DIS Veteran

"Upon reopening in August, all school boards and charter school governing boards must open brick and mortar schools at least five days per week for all students, subject to advice and orders of the Florida Department of Health, local departments of health, Executive Order 20-149 and subsequent executive orders," the order reads."

Wow, I really wonder how they can possibly do this safely.

It seems like there are some options for schools not willing to open, but they need to submit a plan, and quickly.

This all seems like a very poor idea.

I don’t have kids, but if I did, and I didn’t feel it was safe to send them back, I would homeschool. Just because the school building is open doesn’t mean you have to be educated there. Of course, there may be a lot of parents who have to report back to work and are glad to hear schools will be available.

My mom teaches elementary in Florida. She got word today that high risk individuals (she is 66) have a choice of still working in person if they choose, or working in a modified capacity from home. She has a few weeks to decide what to do.

My mom teaches elementary in Florida. She got word today that high risk individuals (she is 66) have a choice of still working in person if they choose, or working in a modified capacity from home. She has a few weeks to decide what to do.
These are not easy decisions, lots to consider in a relatively short amount of time. Wishing her the best whatever she decides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter