All Star Movies Renovations

No work on Fantasia 5 yet. I am currently lying in bed there as I type!

Our first choice was a first floor near parking, which was honored. No refurb was avail. Tbh I was expecting the room to be much shabbier than one getting refurbed in the next few weeks, but if you didn't know you wouldn't.

We are facing Bldg 6, heard a little hammering and saw workers outside room at 1pm yesterday. The staging area is in the back of the shared parking lot between Movies and Music. You can see they are working on Calypso now.

Our first choice was a first floor near parking, which was honored. No refurb was avail. Tbh I was expecting the room to be much shabbier than one getting refurbed in the next few weeks, but if you didn't know you wouldn't.

We are facing Bldg 6, heard a little hammering and saw workers outside room at 1pm yesterday. The staging area is in the back of the shared parking lot between Movies and Music. You can see they are working on Calypso now.

Wait, what?!?! They've started on ASMu?? I think that's breaking news right there, isn't it?:banana:

Thanks for your report! Hopefully they start work on building 5 soon. I’m surprised they started work over at music before finishing movies.

Are there ridges on the floors or are they smooth? Trying to figure how we will clean them, my kids have severe food allergies and I thought the floors would be cleaned after each guest unlike the carpet so I'll be adding some type of floor cleaning to my hotel routine.

My oldest used to have severe asthma, and every time we went out of town he'd end up wheezing, needing the nebulizer (we bought a portable one years ago). With Disney, you can call and request a VIP cleaning, and the room will be cleaned with nontoxic (vinegar) cleaners, a/c filter changed, and if there is carpet, it will be steam cleaned prior to your checking in. We did that a couple times. First time, it was the first trip he didn't wheeze more than once! Just a thought; with severe allergies, it's a big help!

@psiprez You've really piqued our interest with your last sentence. Are you saying that you see renovation work happening at All Star Music now? That is where the Calypso buildings are. Thanks!

I admit to being lazy.....are all the Preferred buildings renovated yet? We go in November and I assumed all of Movies would be done by then, but just wondering....

I admit to being lazy.....are all the Preferred buildings renovated yet? We go in November and I assumed all of Movies would be done by then, but just wondering....
I don’t think all of preferred will be done by then. They have 3/6 buildings done and I haven’t heard that they’ve started the fourth preferred building yet.

when you get pingged your room is ready but your stuck sitting in HOuston with a flight delay...thanks United..you suck. We are in the MIghty Ducks! if we ever get there...it has been delayed till 8.50pm tonight..its only 4pm. sigh

they havnt even started on the mighty ducks or dalmations yet...Im thinking more like sometime next year before summer

when you get pingged your room is ready but your stuck sitting in HOuston with a flight delay...thanks United..you suck. We are in the MIghty Ducks! if we ever get there...it has been delayed till 8.50pm tonight..its only 4pm. sigh
I'm sorry about your flight. That really stinks! Hopefully you get there soon and safely!

We checked into movies on Friday, just one night as we decided to add a day and Sports where we were booked had no availability. I booked standard room and got love bug building 7, ground floor and it was a refurbished room. So nice! The room was a million miles away, but I love the new design and the bed and pillows were so comfy! Sine we were only staying one night my daughter and I shared the bed and didn’t bother with the pull down one.

In contrast, we are now at Sports and the only good thing I can say about our room is the location! We are in surfs up, so close, but the room sucks! The bed is hard, pillows flat, carpet looks nasty and the tv stand is so dusty I could write in it! We got a king accessible room (had just booked standard room but I requested to be close to transportation) so I know the bathroom is laid out accordingly, but there is no shelf room by the sink at all! Everything just seems dingy and I’m sure the fact that I had to go to front desk because our magic bands weren’t working, 3 times last night, after walking 15 miles in the parks didn’t help my perception.

I wish we could have stayed at movies the whole trip and honestly, I probably won’t stay at a value again that hasn’t been refurbished. Just my personal opinion and I’m one that has stayed at every level of resort several times, so have nothing against values at all. One thing about sports, for some reason I think the main pool is much nicer than movies or music, seems more relaxing and tropical.

Sorry if I got off topic, but all that to say, we loved the look & design of the new rooms!

Would doing online check in affect my chances at getting a refurbished room? I plan to call Tuesday to put in the request.

We checked into movies on Friday, just one night as we decided to add a day and Sports where we were booked had no availability. I booked standard room and got love bug building 7, ground floor and it was a refurbished room. So nice! The room was a million miles away, but I love the new design and the bed and pillows were so comfy! Sine we were only staying one night my daughter and I shared the bed and didn’t bother with the pull down one.

In contrast, we are now at Sports and the only good thing I can say about our room is the location! We are in surfs up, so close, but the room sucks! The bed is hard, pillows flat, carpet looks nasty and the tv stand is so dusty I could write in it! We got a king accessible room (had just booked standard room but I requested to be close to transportation) so I know the bathroom is laid out accordingly, but there is no shelf room by the sink at all! Everything just seems dingy and I’m sure the fact that I had to go to front desk because our magic bands weren’t working, 3 times last night, after walking 15 miles in the parks didn’t help my perception.

I wish we could have stayed at movies the whole trip and honestly, I probably won’t stay at a value again that hasn’t been refurbished. Just my personal opinion and I’m one that has stayed at every level of resort several times, so have nothing against values at all. One thing about sports, for some reason I think the main pool is much nicer than movies or music, seems more relaxing and tropical.

Sorry if I got off topic, but all that to say, we loved the look & design of the new rooms!
Well I'm glad you liked your All Star Movies part of your trip! The new rooms are so much more functional.

Would doing online check in affect my chances at getting a refurbished room? I plan to call Tuesday to put in the request.
If having a renovated room is what you want the most I would just have them put that and not fill out the requests on the online check in (if those are even working).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts