All Star Movies Renovations

Have two standard rooms booked for April 2019, I have stayed in the Pop Century renovated rooms and definitely want a renovated room at Movies. Would it be wise to book preferred to guarantee a renovated room or should I be fine?

We went last month and booked preferred. I requested a renovated room and ended up in the Dalmations building. Its all the luck of the draw. I think that the refurb may be done by the time you go but I also thought it would be done (at least preferred) by the time I went. We have a reservation for January and received an email after I booked (preferred room) that there would be renovations going on while I was there.

Seem like there are 3 preferred and 2 standard buildings left to be renovated.

Have two standard rooms booked for April 2019, I have stayed in the Pop Century renovated rooms and definitely want a renovated room at Movies. Would it be wise to book preferred to guarantee a renovated room or should I be fine?
Right now it’s hard to say. If you would’ve asked me a month ago I would’ve told you you would be fine. For some reason they have stopped construction (we think it’s because of the holiday season). There are still 3 preferred and 2 standard buildings that need to be finished. Like the pp said, it can be the luck of the draw so I would pick based on what section you like the best and what your budget allows. I know that isn’t super helpful

Right now it’s hard to say. If you would’ve asked me a month ago I would’ve told you you would be fine. For some reason they have stopped construction (we think it’s because of the holiday season). There are still 3 preferred and 2 standard buildings that need to be finished. Like the pp said, it can be the luck of the draw so I would pick based on what section you like the best and what your budget allows. I know that isn’t super helpful

I actually think it's for budgetary reasons (with a side benefit of having more room inventory available for the holidays, which also helps the budget). It's the same reason they've been cutting things in the parks as well. I saw in a FB group that the POR renovation was delayed due to budget issues as well. I can't imagine they'll leave the resort half-done for very long, but at least for now it seems they're delaying expenditures for some reason. Hopefully they can get it going again after the start of the year. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when they start again and an even bigger sigh IF they continue on with Music and Sports immediately after that.

I actually think it's for budgetary reasons (with a side benefit of having more room inventory available for the holidays, which also helps the budget). It's the same reason they've been cutting things in the parks as well. I saw in a FB group that the POR renovation was delayed due to budget issues as well. I can't imagine they'll leave the resort half-done for very long, but at least for now it seems they're delaying expenditures for some reason. Hopefully they can get it going again after the start of the year. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when they start again and an even bigger sigh IF they continue on with Music and Sports immediately after that.
I originally thought it was for budget reasons as well because they have so many projects going on. I guess I just went with everyone else’s thoughts about the holiday season.

I reached out to Disney today and the cast member said the resort has completed refurbishments. Are we sure we didn't miss building updates and people are still getting old rooms?

Thank you for posting this! I even spoke with guest services at the resort and they told me all rooms were renovated!

Did you call a telephone number, or were you actually at the resort to speak with Guest Services? A telephone number, even if listed as being the resort front desk, only gets you to an off-site call center.

That’s really weird. I have no idea why they would be telling people that

Assuming PP called, and did not speak in person to someone, I would assume the misinformation came about as a misunderstanding on the part of the phone rep. With no renovations or construction listed in the near future, the rep (likely nowhere near Florida) thought that was an indication all was complete.

Did you call a telephone number, or were you actually at the resort to speak with Guest Services? A telephone number, even if listed as being the resort front desk, only gets you to an off-site call center.

Assuming PP called, and did not speak in person to someone, I would assume the misinformation came about as a misunderstanding on the part of the phone rep. With no renovations or construction listed in the near future, the rep (likely nowhere near Florida) thought that was an indication all was complete.
That’s true and very possibly the reason why the cm said it was complete

I was not at the resort. I called and was transferred around. Given the listed number that I assume is the off site call center you referenced. The CM was very nice and said she reached out to confirm if the construction was done and proceeded to list off the finished buildings, which ended up being all of them.

As it stands with only half the resort done and no real indication of when construction will start again your chances are 50/50 either preferred or standard. Only way to improve odds is to call and have the request for renovated room added. Make that your only request. And if you still don’t get one upon check in, politely ask if you can be moved to them.

We are arriving this Sunday. I called and requested a renovated room several months ago (our reservation is for preferred). Should I check in online, or is it better to wait until we arrive to check in? I have seen conflicting advice on the subject.

We are arriving this Sunday. I called and requested a renovated room several months ago (our reservation is for preferred). Should I check in online, or is it better to wait until we arrive to check in? I have seen conflicting advice on the subject.
Doing online check in won’t hurt anything. Just make sure your only request stays as renovated room. We always go to the front desk anyway when we get there but it helps speed some of the process up when you do online check in.

We were in a non renovated preferred room this past weekend for wine and dine thankfully unlike when this was the case back in April when we were at pop for Star Wars there wasn’t loud construction noise going on during the day when we were trying to relax post race

Which building were you in?
Building 5 Fantasia though our room was so far back it was practically in Herby making the walk to the race bus at 3am much longer then the walk from Toy Story on my other race weekends and almost defeated the purpose of paying more for preferred

RE: Cm who says the rooms are all done

They do not have the most accurate info. I called the AP private line and got a CM who was pleasant and helpful, but in the end, she was totally wrong on which buildings I should be requesting to get a renovated room.

As of Mid-october when I was here, they were not all done and had stopped all work.

RE: POP and housekeeping mid trip

Yes, at some point, I am 100% sure they came and cleaned up, made the bed (maybe changed sheets), emptied trash and brought new towels. I have done the GC opt out 2x there, once being when they first started it. They may have changed the policy now. I did not see the flyer at ASmovies since I had to go ask to opt out, they just gave it to me and used their ipad.

RE: Cm who says the rooms are all done

They do not have the most accurate info. I called the AP private line and got a CM who was pleasant and helpful, but in the end, she was totally wrong on which buildings I should be requesting to get a renovated room.

As of Mid-october when I was here, they were not all done and had stopped all work.

RE: POP and housekeeping mid trip

Yes, at some point, I am 100% sure they came and cleaned up, made the bed (maybe changed sheets), emptied trash and brought new towels. I have done the GC opt out 2x there, once being when they first started it. They may have changed the policy now. I did not see the flyer at ASmovies since I had to go ask to opt out, they just gave it to me and used their ipad.
oh trust me, I went through the same thing. Its not related to the reno's but just requests in general. When i called to request my room at Pop, the person who answered said i couldnt request 50's 60's or 70's cause those are preferred buildings. My room is standard so i had to ask for 80's or 90's. Ummmm, no honey. Thats not true. In the 60's facing the lake for example, those are standard rooms. (which is what i asked for, 60's or 70's). I've stayed many times. She wasnt too pleased that i corrected her. but oh well. When I checked in i actually ended up with a decent room. Preferred in the 50's. Go figure. :confused3

A travel agent reported seeing a refurbished room in Dalmatians last week right next to this statue.

Attachments

• 9614650F-75D4-4E23-9A77-FFA89B957D6C.jpeg
    9614650F-75D4-4E23-9A77-FFA89B957D6C.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter