All Star Movies Renovations

If I am remembering correctly a handful of rooms got renovated in Dalmatians before the whole refurb started.
Yep that is exactly what I came on here to say. I remember reports that some rooms were done there first before moving over to toy story.

Yep that is exactly what I came on here to say. I remember reports that some rooms were done there first before moving over to toy story.

Thanks, that is what I thought but someone on another SM site was trying to argue it was all finished.

We are wanting to add 2 nights on to our trip in March, but want an older style room (need to fit air mattress). Should I book standard or preferred to have a better chance of getting an older room? Or will they all be done by then?

We are wanting to add 2 nights on to our trip in March, but want an older style room (need to fit air mattress). Should I book standard or preferred to have a better chance of getting an older room? Or will they all be done by then?
I’m not sure when they plan to start up renovations again. Right now half of the preferred and half of the standard are finished so you would have an equal chance at both. If you book standard, request the mighty ducks. If you book preferred, request the Dalmatians. Just make sure you come back every so often to check how construction is going.

I would book one of the other all star resorts if you want an un renovated room.

Just landed and got my room assignment! Got my request of love bug 1st floor! Big thanks to this group - so nice to know it’s a renovated room!!

Enjoy! We'll be there Friday and are hoping for the same area! Either way, we'll be at DISNEY!!!!

You're going to think I'm nuts but I don't want a renovated room. My two teens don't want to share a bed so we usually bring an air mattress (but the new rooms won't accommodate one from what I've read). I realize there's no way to know for sure when or how quickly refurbs will get going after the holidays but what's the likelihood I could get an "old" room during the first week of April?

Are there no longer king beds in the newly renovated rooms at All-star Movies??
I don't know if I've read any reports from Movies specifically, but POP retained king beds during the renovation there so I see no reason why All Stars Movies would eliminate them. The king rooms don't have a murphy and the coffee station is on the opposite wall; otherwise the same changes.

Enjoy your vacation!

You're going to think I'm nuts but I don't want a renovated room. My two teens don't want to share a bed so we usually bring an air mattress (but the new rooms won't accommodate one from what I've read). I realize there's no way to know for sure when or how quickly refurbs will get going after the holidays but what's the likelihood I could get an "old" room during the first week of April?
I would move your reservation to music or sports if you want to guarantee a non refurbed room since they haven’t started on either of those resorts yet. Eventually all of the all stars will be renovated to the new style rooms.

I don't know if I've read any reports from Movies specifically, but POP retained king beds during the renovation there so I see no reason why All Stars Movies would eliminate them. The king rooms don't have a murphy and the coffee station is on the opposite wall; otherwise the same changes.

Enjoy your vacation!
I haven’t read any reports either but I’m pretty sure they won’t get rid of king rooms completely.

I agree with the pp and think you should book music or sports if you don’t want a refurbished room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter