All star music noise was unbelievable

Eswift

Mouseketeer
Just back and had no idea the values could be this bad.

From 10 pm until 3 am there was chanting and screaming. Not a little bit of noise but 10 - 20 young adults making as much noise as possible. Disney would break it up, 10 minutes later off it goes again.

I got very little sleep and had a horrible day in the parks today.

I guess Disney really can't do much assuming they won't evict them but this was truly unbelievable. These people had absolutely no dignity. Absolutely shameful.

I won't ever be going back. I've travelled for work and pleasure and this is the worst experience ive ever had. Any other hotel would have had the police involved at that point.

Assuming they are unwilling to do that they really should indicate that these are party hotels.

Did you ask to switch resorts? They aren't all like that. I've stayed at Port Orleans, both Riverside and French Quarter and Saratoga Springs. No noise problems at all.

Avoid the All Stars at all costs in January and June/July. South American Tour Groups and thin walls are a bad combination!

Or wait till one hour after they're asleep, locate yourself two feet from their front door and sing Small World at the top of your lungs.

Seriously though, perhaps request a move to Little Mermaid section of AoA? That would be an "upgrade", but it's not like you're demanding Poly theme Park View.

Or just a different building in same resort? Keep that in your back pocket if you don't get traction with the resort change.

We stayed at POR in December and I seriously thought we were the only people in that building, it was so quiet.

I can’t imagine being kept up, especially being as exhausted as I was from being in the parks.

I would ask to move. I’m sorry you had such a terrible experience. We stayed at Pop last January and had no issues with groups causing noise, thankfully (have never stayed at the All Stars).

Values tend to draw the teen tour groups especially from South America.
I had Soccer kids at POP once and it was God awful.
They should be giving them their own area and not forcing the rest of us to be near them.
Problem is when its non English speaking groups they just play dumb.
Meanwhile I was between a bunch of football rooms at ASSports during Pop Warner and they were quiet and respectful.
Thin walls also don't help. Stayed at ASMovies in September and the room next to us was a connecting room and their kids were constantly trying to open the door plus they'd get back to the room with their toddler at 12:30am and she'd throw a fit every night and in addition to her screaming we got to hear the parents yelling at her.

Stayed at CSR once and while I will never stay again for various reasons it was definitely nice and quiet.
Also stayed at POR and I'd definitely stay there again. It was almost weird because we saw rooms with little kids right next to us but in our room we heard absolutely nothing.
Wish they had at least slightly better walls at the Values.

I'm staying at ASMusic next month and hoping it won't be too loud.

thank you for everyone's empathy :)

Theese were American or possibly Canadian (English speaking anyways) college age cheer groups.

I don't have it in me to complain for a resort move. We paid for one. Last night slept like a dream. Rest of the trip will be great.

Really disappointed in Disney here though. Ill stay offsite in a nicer place next time if i can't afford something better onsite.

These groups bring in a boatload of $$$ for them.

I think Disney would rather move or offer something to guests who are bothered (like free FP+, a comped night, etc.) than lose the business of these groups. I think they assume many people will be like you OP and not demand anything in return at all, other people will be satisfied with something little, many people are only at Disney once anyhow and Disney clearly doesn't care as much about repeat customers as they used to, maybe it will make some people move up to a more expensive resort (as some have mentioned they won't stay in value resorts), and it looks bad for Disney to evict people and/or call police. I can see some pretty college age cheerleader on the news crying that they were kicked out of Disney and police were mean to them and her mom has cancer and was going to see this competition so they were practicing....etc., etc.,

It is NOT o-kay for Disney to let these groups ruin the vacations of countless other people who are unfortunately located near them at the resorts. As long a we just take it quietly, Disney is much more interested in collecting money than they are in our comfort level. So the only way to get Disney to stop doing this is to demand a full refund from the resort stating that you were not given the Disneyworld vacation experience they promised; instead you had a rude, loud, stressful visit to South America or Cheer-leading Camp as the case may be.

We stayed last Jan at POR and had two nights of these groups yelling outside our door and chanting into the wee hours.
We were going to ask to move but they were lined up to leave the next morning.

It's pretty amazing how inconsiderate some people can be. I bring earplugs with me anytime I travel, and they help to block out a lot of the noise.

Values tend to draw the teen tour groups especially from South America.
I had Soccer kids at POP once and it was God awful.
They should be giving them their own area and not forcing the rest of us to be near them.
Problem is when its non English speaking groups they just play dumb.
Meanwhile I was between a bunch of football rooms at ASSports during Pop Warner and they were quiet and respectful.
Thin walls also don't help. Stayed at ASMovies in September and the room next to us was a connecting room and their kids were constantly trying to open the door plus they'd get back to the room with their toddler at 12:30am and she'd throw a fit every night and in addition to her screaming we got to hear the parents yelling at her.

Stayed at CSR once and while I will never stay again for various reasons it was definitely nice and quiet.
Also stayed at POR and I'd definitely stay there again. It was almost weird because we saw rooms with little kids right next to us but in our room we heard absolutely nothing.
Wish they had at least slightly better walls at the Values.

I'm staying at ASMusic next month and hoping it won't be too loud.
I would just stop that sentence with "Values tend to draw teen groups"
It's the groups and teens, not where they are from, that makes them loud.
And it's why we don't stay in Values. Well, not the groups as much, they can be anywhere (we had them at POR) but it's the group combined with the paper thin walls of the Value resorts. It doesn't take a group of kids to make them loud. They are loud period.

As for why Disney won't do more, well, I suspect when you have a large group a lot of the guests in the resort are part of the group and probably not bothered by them. It is easier to take care of those bothered than to remove the entire group. Not just because of cost involved as much as it's easier to deal with the smaller numbers that are bothered.

It's pretty amazing how inconsiderate some people can be. I bring earplugs with me anytime I travel, and they help to block out a lot of the noise.
We do also. They are in our permanent travel bag. For those who don't travel with them and decide to try them, they do sell them at Disney. We had to purchase on our trip where we got stuck due to a flight cancellation on the way home.

We do also. They are in our permanent travel bag. For those who don't travel with them and decide to try them, they do sell them at Disney. We had to purchase on our trip where we got stuck due to a flight cancellation on the way home.

I buy the ones that are designed for smaller ear canals, otherwise the regular ones just pop out while I'm sleeping. Not sure what Disney carries, but I think it's best to bring your own that you know work for you if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!