All Star Music Renovations

From a post on the news thread refurb has started.
I can confirm. I just checked out of Movies yesterday, and I was in the Mighty Ducks section, so I ate at Music a lot. There were construction workers going in and out of the rooms and all the doors were open and they had the paperwork posted on the windows. I didn’t go close enough to see how far along they were.

We made a one night preferred reservation in the beginning of January. Fingers crossed we get lucky and get a renovated room! Would I just request Building 10?

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm really interested in seeing what the updated family suites will look like- especially whether the sleeper sofa, chair, or ottoman will be replaced with a "table bed" in AoA and ASMovies. These changes are so exciting!

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm really interested in seeing what the updated family suites will look like- especially whether the sleeper sofa, chair, or ottoman will be replaced with a "table bed" in AoA and ASMovies. These changes are so exciting!
I’ve never stayed at ASMusic so I completely forgot about the suites! I hope someone who stays in one will take some good pictures.

I will be definitely following this thread. I booked the fd bounceback offer for next Sept (12-19) in a standard room be I'll switch to a preferred if those rooms are the ones that get completed before my trip.

Me too! I kind of like the singe beds of the chair and ottoman, but also kind of like the idea of extra room with the bed as a table.

And where in Nola are you from...I'm a westbank girl but have been in Nashville for a while now.

Me too! I kind of like the singe beds of the chair and ottoman, but also kind of like the idea of extra room with the bed as a table.

And where in Nola are you from...I'm a westbank girl but have been in Nashville for a while now.
I agree! We've slept on the table beds in Pop & Art of Animation and they were really comfortable. I also love the idea of having a full table in the suite- instead of the small round table. We're staying in the ASMusic family suites in November & I would be over the moon about a refurbished suite, but I have a feeling those may not be done until later. Fingers crossed!!
BTW- I grew up in Algiers & Terrytown. Now, I'm proudly raising my kids in Plaquemines Parish. :)
P.S. Check our Fleurty Girl's Westbank coffee mug!! It's going to be my Christmas present to myself this year. ;)

Probably a long shot but we've booked to stay in All Star Movies from the 20 - 25th of Oct. We didn't get a preferred room and was wondering if they would have started refurbishing the other rooms as well?
As they've probably just started I doubt it but fingers crossed anyways! A girl can dream haha

Probably a long shot but we've booked to stay in All Star Movies from the 20 - 25th of Oct. We didn't get a preferred room and was wondering if they would have started refurbishing the other rooms as well?
As they've probably just started I doubt it but fingers crossed anyways! A girl can dream haha
Did you mean music? So far they’ve only started one building. I haven’t heard anything else about moving to a new building yet but it’s possible.

Did you mean music? So far they’ve only started one building. I haven’t heard anything else about moving to a new building yet but it’s possible.
Yes sorry my bad!! Yes we are staying Music and I guess will probably start the renovations on the preferred rooms first...

Yes sorry my bad!! Yes we are staying Music and I guess will probably start the renovations on the preferred rooms first...
Yeah unfortunately I think your chances at a renovated room are not good. They’ve only started one building and it’s preferred

I agree! We've slept on the table beds in Pop & Art of Animation and they were really comfortable. I also love the idea of having a full table in the suite- instead of the small round table. We're staying in the ASMusic family suites in November & I would be over the moon about a refurbished suite, but I have a feeling those may not be done until later. Fingers crossed!!
BTW- I grew up in Algiers & Terrytown. Now, I'm proudly raising my kids in Plaquemines Parish. :)
P.S. Check our Fleurty Girl's Westbank coffee mug!! It's going to be my Christmas present to myself this year. ;)
I have heard the beds in AoA are comfy, I just like not having to share. :) I cannot wait to see what the suites look like after refurb....the layout of the room may not work with putting the murphy bed in, so it will be interesting to see what they do with these. I haven't stayed at AoA yet, but love the layout of the suites at Music for us. (plus can't justify the price difference)
I grew up in Avondale, but have been in Nashville TN for 27 years now. All my family is still there...mom still in Avondale, couple of sisters in Marrero, brother in Luling and one sister in Lafitte (maybe near you!...her name is Connie, and has a daughter getting married soon) So is "It's a Small World After All" stuck in your brain too? I will have to check out the Fleurty Girls coffee mug...I have seen some fun westbank stuff from them.

They’re still working on Building 10. It looks like the rooms are all gutted and they’re moving onto drywall and electrical.

They’re still working on Building 10. It looks like the rooms are all gutted and they’re moving onto drywall and electrical.
Thank you for the update! Did it look like they were doing just that building or have they started another one?

Thank you for the update! Did it look like they were doing just that building or have they started another one?

I didn’t see another building being worked on, but I didn’t go all the way back into the end of the resort. Buildings 1, 2, and 9 were not started, so I assume they didn’t just start a random building in the back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter