All You Need is Love: an offsite, non-Disney PTR (counting down to May 2018)

Please tell me you're going to visit Aquatica, too. If you're water park lovers, its definitely a don't miss!
Ugh, i wish! We’re only going for 7 nights this time around and with spending two days at Disney, squeezing in as many nights at HHN as possible, a day at VB and doing DC and SW, i just don’t think we will have the time :worried:

Possibly. She is taking a couple of classes this summer also, so I don't know.. And it would be so hot, but I am hoping we can work something out. I know you are getting excited about your trip. Can't wait to hear about it!

Oops, just realized my reply didn't have all that I was trying to reply to. Sorry! I'm new at this, and obviously have not figured it all out. :rotfl:

Last edited:
I will cross my fingers right along with you and say a little prayer that your DD can come along. Especially at Christmastime, its nice to have the whole family together.

Leu Gardens and Bok Tower Gardens are both on my Florida wish list. Have you been to either before, or will this be a first for both? I bet they will be lovely with fresh poinsettias for the holiday season.

Any plans to do ICE! at Gaylord Palms or a MVMCP? :santa: I do hope you'll be visiting SeaWorld.....as you know, their Christmas events are second to none!!
!

We have never visited these gardens but they have been on my to do list. I have looked at ICE before and read your reports but am on the fence about it.

Ar far as SW is concerned, although I do love this park and Christmas 2016 we were there on Christmas Eve, as well as a few other days, and saw all the shows (which were wonderful) we are limiting park tickets to WDW. They cost just over $1000 for the 2 of us, so that seems plenty!!

We now like a more laid back approach so will visit the resorts, go to Celebration for a stroll, perhaps go up to Blue State Spring park to see the manatees. We can certainly while away the time quite easily. We also have a ticket for the Orlan eye, do you prefer day or night views?

We have memory maker with our tickets, which we haven't had before and they also include a round of mini golf before 4pm, so we can have a go on each course if we want to.

A- I am off from the main job on Fri/Sat. The second job (which I can't believe I've managed to keep!!) I usually work there on Fridays.

B- I am also looking forward to KOBES, it's soooooo good!

C- Please tell me you haven't pre purchased any dolphin related programs at SeaWorld. ;)

Are you guys on the East Coast still getting winter-like weather? It's still mighty frosty here in SE Michigan, and I know Jake is freezing his buns off in eastern Ontario :cold:.

I'm in NB, and it was gorgeous here today; right now it's 7 degrees out according to my phone. Heat wave- wahoo! :cool1:

Great photos!! What a cool "blast from the past"!

How much do you recall from your childhood trips? Is most of it fuzzy, or is some of it still surprisingly clear in your memory?

It's funny what I do and don't remember...I remember my first sight of Cinderella's Carousel at Magic Kingdom, but not my first meeting with a character...and I remember waiting for "Clyde and Seamour" to start while eating candy corn (which was a treat we didn't get at home!). So I'd have to say that the bigger, more "important" details are fuzzy, and the small things and "silly" little details are the ones I remember the most :goodvibes

I, too, was thinking that you were so busy with the move that you didn't have time to post.......but then I clicked on the SVR thread to search for your recent posts and found out that you were moved....AGAIN.

Glad that you're almost settled and may have a bit of time to relax before you vacation. You're almost to the finish line!

[QUOTE="Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina, post:

How awesome!!! :banana: I am SO excited for you! :hyper: What are your travel dates?

Are you doing the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove?

Aquatica is still Steve's favorite waterpark, and that's saying something when we've tried them all in Orlando. Cabanas can be very reasonable (depending on the season), and often a very good value considering they come with rental towels, a large locker (right inside your cabana), 12 bottles of water, and a 20% savings on park merchandise (including photos). You might want to check the rates and see what they are.....it's a very worthwhile splurge.

/QUOTE]

We're planning 5 days/6 nights in November. Yes, we're getting the dolphin experience and with the other parks included, it takes the sting out of the cost.

I am also considering buying the Aquatica meal plan. It sounds very similar to the Seaworld meal plan. With DS12 who is perpetually hungry, I think we'll get our money's worth!

Hello BoBina Family :cheer2:
Is anyone going to be in town week of July 4th? I am looking to do Illuminations Cruise :boat: if I can find others to share cost? There would be 4 of us, so there would be room for up to six more. I figured I would start here because all of Gina’s fans seem so friendly. :thumbsup2 I called today, the 4th is booked but there is still ones available for the 3rd didn’t check on the 5th, but might be a possibility?
Fingers Crossed ::yes::

Yes- I think Aurora, OH- near Cleveland. Not sure exactly when it closed- maybe 15 years ago. We took the kids there for quite a few years when they were small.

Huh, who knew?

Wish it was still there......that would have been an easy distance for us.

That is a great deal! I don't think my DH is wanting to go back, but since it is a coupon I may sign up for it anyway.
Did snag a groupon for the Character in Flight balloon ride, since we have 2 weeks to use it while there.

Agh blinds/curtains in a new house-been there a few times! Still only have curtains on both upper and lower level living rooms (after 9 years lol).

Yay! for declining rental rates!

I'm still seriously considering the Characters in Flight Groupon, too :scratchin. It pairs so well with a trip to the Coke Store. If a good discount code comes out (20% or more) and Ebates offers double cash back, I might not be able to say no! :p

Ugh, i wish! We’re only going for 7 nights this time around and with spending two days at Disney, squeezing in as many nights at HHN as possible, a day at VB and doing DC and SW, i just don’t think we will have the time :worried:

You're definitely making the most of your week!! :thumbsup2 Sounds like its going to be a fun and busy trip!

After we come home from our May trip, we'll have to finalize our dates for October, too.

Possibly. She is taking a couple of classes this summer also, so I don't know.. And it would be so hot, but I am hoping we can work something out. I know you are getting excited about your trip. Can't wait to hear about it!

Oops, just realized my reply didn't have all that I was trying to reply to. Sorry! I'm new at this, and obviously have not figured it all out. :rotfl:

Summer is a great time for a waterparks trip (especially with little folks, who always enjoy swimming!). Aquatica, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Volcano Bay.....all so much fun! I hope you are able to work out some dates, too :goodvibes.

We have never visited these gardens but they have been on my to do list. I have looked at ICE before and read your reports but am on the fence about it.

Ar far as SW is concerned, although I do love this park and Christmas 2016 we were there on Christmas Eve, as well as a few other days, and saw all the shows (which were wonderful) we are limiting park tickets to WDW. They cost just over $1000 for the 2 of us, so that seems plenty!!

We now like a more laid back approach so will visit the resorts, go to Celebration for a stroll, perhaps go up to Blue State Spring park to see the manatees. We can certainly while away the time quite easily. We also have a ticket for the Orlan eye, do you prefer day or night views?

We have memory maker with our tickets, which we haven't had before and they also include a round of mini golf before 4pm, so we can have a go on each course if we want to.

In the daytime, you'll see a lot more on the Eye than you will at night (at night, you get the cool sparkly lights views.....which is also pretty). We've done both, eand each has its merits. I don't know if they have offered it the last couple of years, but the first year the Eye was in operation, they had 4 themed pods for Christmas. They were a bit more expensive than the standard pods, but you had a guaranteed private ride with your party (no being combined with other riders), themed decor (ours was Candy Cane, but they also had a snow theme, gingerbread and a fourth that I can't recall), Christmas music played over the speaker while you rode, a Christmas cookie as you waited to board, and holiday smells piped in. It was very festive and lots of fun. That was the time we did the night ride versus the daytime flight, and it was a lot of fun.

A- I am off from the main job on Fri/Sat. The second job (which I can't believe I've managed to keep!!) I usually work there on Fridays.

B- I am also looking forward to KOBES, it's soooooo good!

C- Please tell me you haven't pre purchased any dolphin related programs at SeaWorld. ;)

Ha ha, nope.....no special add-ons have been reserved just yet. We had talked about possibly booking one of the tours we haven't yet done, but I just haven't had a chance to hit the website and see what's still being offered. Does this mean we will get to say hello again during your business day? That would be AWESOME!!!! :banana:

I'm in NB, and it was gorgeous here today; right now it's 7 degrees out according to my phone. Heat wave- wahoo! :cool1:

It's funny what I do and don't remember...I remember my first sight of Cinderella's Carousel at Magic Kingdom, but not my first meeting with a character...and I remember waiting for "Clyde and Seamour" to start while eating candy corn (which was a treat we didn't get at home!). So I'd have to say that the bigger, more "important" details are fuzzy, and the small things and "silly" little details are the ones I remember the most :goodvibes

Please send some of that fine East Coast weather our way.....we've had monsoon rains for most of today, and have a winter storm warning for tonight. I am dying for Mother Nature to soon cut us some slack. It's April, for heaven's sake!!

I, too, was thinking that you were so busy with the move that you didn't have time to post.......but then I clicked on the SVR thread to search for your recent posts and found out that you were moved....AGAIN.

Glad that you're almost settled and may have a bit of time to relax before you vacation. You're almost to the finish line!

We've made some good progress again this week, and have almost everything done on the inside! :cheer2: It's such a load off my shoulders. We still have mountains of work to do OUTSIDE, but with the way the weather has been going, much of those tasks might have to wait until after we come home from our trip. It has been so wet, cold and rainy that working outdoors is all but impossible.

Glad you have found this ever-moving thread again!!

Hello BoBina Family :cheer2:
Is anyone going to be in town week of July 4th? I am looking to do Illuminations Cruise :boat: if I can find others to share cost? There would be 4 of us, so there would be room for up to six more. I figured I would start here because all of Gina’s fans seem so friendly. :thumbsup2 I called today, the 4th is booked but there is still ones available for the 3rd didn’t check on the 5th, but might be a possibility?
Fingers Crossed ::yes::

Oh, how I wish we were going that week......it is such an amazing experience, I'd share the cost and boat with you in a heartbeat!

Hopefully one of the regulars here might be interested in joining you (for anyone who's skittish of meeting up with strangers, I know @DontRushMe and her fam and they are amazing people!! You have my personal assurance that they'd be great companions for the evening!).

Hey all,

happy-caturday.png

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend. It's a double playoff night in the Bo-Bina household (the Raptors are currently playing right now, and the Maple Leafs play immediately afterward) and its also nothing short of miserable outside (monsoon rains for most of the day, and now that the deluge has finally subsided, temps are dropping and freezing rain is reported to be on the way) so its a good opportunity to post a short update.

Since my last check-in, we have officially bypassed the three week mark: the countdown now sits at a scant

1acee2d4e546f657f36d8072618a5cea.jpg

While I've been kind of quiet here on this thread, I have still be working behind-the-scenes to ready us for the trip. I managed to catch a few small but consecutive drops in rental rates over the course of several different days, and have whittled our price down to $205 for an 8-day rental of an intermediate SUV through Alamo. Since we booked through Costco Travel, that will include the free additional driver which is always nice to have in the case of an emergency. I'm secretly hoping we might be able to get a standard SUV or a mini van from the intermediate SUV aisle (Alamo often has a few upgrades available, just depending on their inventory at the time) but we'll be satisfied with the intermediate if that's what we end up with. My initial goal was to get a car for $200 for the week, and honestly I didn't think we'd be able to hit that target......so to get an SUV for 8 days rather than 7 and only be $5 above the original price goal leaves me quite pleased. Steve is just happy that it's Alamo so he has some input over exactly which vehicle he ends up with......he's a bit of a control freak, my Steve :laughing:.

I ordered us each a pair of water shoes since we have a water park, Discovery Cove and lots of pool time on the agenda.....Discovery Cove, in particular, has been tough on our tootsies on past visits (some parts of the lazy river have a bottom that's rather unforgiving to the toes). I was a bit worried that Steve wouldn't be able to fit his feet into the size 14's that I purchased.....he takes a 15 in a normal shoe.....but we were both delighted to find that the 14's seem to fit him just fine. That's a huge relief for me, because I dreaded trying to find a reasonably priced water shoe in any larger of a size.....I'm sure they were available somewhere (thank goodness for the internet!) but usually those oddball items come at a crazy high premium. I am glad to have that pre-trip to-do officially scratched off the list.

I've also been working on tweaking the official itinerary: while its always designed to be able to flex when needed (due to weather, energy levels, or any other reason), we still like to have a bit of a plan for the week as a whole. In the midst of doing so, I noticed that I had made an error in our Aquatica cabana booking and accidentally reserved the wrong day....that necessitated a quick call to SeaWorld Parks & Recreation to make the adjustment. They were very kind and helpful (as always) and now I have our cabana booked for the day of the week that I originally intended :thumbsup2 .

This coming Friday, I will submit our Diamond Lane requests to the pre-arrival coordinator at the Vistana. Since we're tacking on the additional night (with our free voucher from May 2017 .... which I still owe you all the story behind!), I want to make sure they can keep us in the same villa for both the first freebie night and our regular 7-night owner's stay. As always, we'll request a top floor villa close to the Fountains pool. In October, they assigned us to a Fountains II villa (which was surprising, as we own in Fountains I and we were using one of our ownership weeks) but I would expect we'll be back in a Fountains I villa this stay. Both sections are awesome (and are located side-by-side within the resort) so either is absolutely acceptable. It's truly hard not to be happy in ANY section of SVR!

I do think we've decided to do the owner's update meeting again on this trip: since we're a little more low-key than usual, it will be easy to fit it in on one of our resort day mornings. Those owner's updates have become a bit of a sport for us :rotfl:..... its fun to see how quickly we can be in and out. The last one we did (in May 2017) we managed to keep it to 55 minutes from start to finish: that was a new record :teeth:. Considering they pay us $100-125 via a prepaid Visa gift card, that's $50 per hour, per person (or more) so well worth the time. I have become particularly adept at shutting down their sales tactics, and the dark side of me rather enjoys being able to make the sales staff uncomfortable enough that they seem relieved to be rid of us :p. We thought we'd take the gift card and use it to enhance our trip in some way: maybe tickets to Gatorland. Maybe a host of fun extras at the resort (surrey bike rentals, bingo, mini golf, etc.). Or, maybe just a lot of fruity beverages at the Tiki Bar :drinking1. It's nice to have options.

The plans so far call for two full days at SeaWorld, one full day at Aquatica, one full day at Discovery Cove, and three resort days that we work in side-trips to Disney Springs, Celebration, and wherever else the spirit moves us. I suspect we may add on an additional evening at SW, and perhaps an extra half day at Aquatica.....especially if its hot. I do have to remember to call SeaWorld Parks and add on the unlimited parking pass for the week :idea:: for $25, it will pay for itself twice over between the two parks (DC parking is free). In fact, let me pause for a moment and put that reminder in my phone while its fresh on my mind......

:hourglass :hourglass :hourglass :hourglass

There. Done :thumbsup2. These days, if I don't do things at the moment I'm thinking of them, then poof! They disappear from my brain :crazy2:.

We are scheduled to meet the new Pet Nanny this week, so I'd appreciate your good vibes that the orientation goes well. I hope she takes to my babies as well as the owner of the company things she will.....I need to know they are loved when we're gone. What can I say? I'm a schmuck when it comes to my two "kids" :cat::cat:. Poor little bums, they miss their momma and daddy when we're gone.

I'm wiffle-waffling on a couple of extra [and admittedly, totally unnecessary] add-ons.....namely a character breakfast to get my Disney fix, and Photokey for SeaWorld and Aquatica....but my desire to stay on budget (especially after all of our moving and house expenses) is really making me feel guilty for any more splurges :guilty:. I have almost three weeks, though, so it might be long enough for me to talk myself into one or two more unnecessary splurges :scratchin. We will have to wait and see.

I can't wait for the point where I can start watching the long-range weather forecast......hoping for lots of sun and as little rain as possible. We've been so lucky on all of our trips so far, we keep thinking we will get a complete wash-out one of these times :umbrella:. Hoping that's not the case, but you never know.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Gina lovely to read your update and you seem to be really cracking on with your new house. The Florida trip is so close now that you'll be packing before you know it.

Hope the weather improves for you soon, at home we have a definite weather improvement forecast for next week :thumbsup2

We have a pet sitting service to supplement my family as pet sitters. We've had a few over the years and they are all great! Your babies look so friendly! A few of mine are shy and my pet sitter takes it personally! I tell her that's how they are with all visitors!

Character breakfast sounds great! We did one at 1900 PF and loved it. We planned one of the last seatings at 11:30 am- got to sleep in and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast(served as lunch as well due to the timing). Character meals tend to be a little boisterous and rushed but by the time we arrived, the restaurant cleared out, buffet was replenished still, and all the characters were there and able to spend a lot of time with us. We were the last family to leave! Walking around the Grand Floridian was a nice thing to do afterwards.

I've been absent from your Trip report for awhile now...you probably don't even remember me...haha but I am back following along and taking notes as always.(I was able to snag a b1g1 at hash house..thank you!!!) Last week we did something crazy for us and booked a last minute trip to Orlando May 8-16. With an 8 day Alamo rental for $211 and then an 8 night rental at Windsor hills for $695 all the signs seemed to be a go..so we are going for it :) I will need to catch all up later with comments of what I have missed the last few months, you have been a busy lady. So happy you are getting all settled. :)

Gina lovely to read your update and you seem to be really cracking on with your new house. The Florida trip is so close now that you'll be packing before you know it.

Hope the weather improves for you soon, at home we have a definite weather improvement forecast for next week :thumbsup2

Yes, the house has really come together nicely :). It's been a big job but well worth it. It's a good feeling to be settled and finally "at home".

Ugh, the weather got even worse today. Woke up to everything coated in ice.

30739476_10156679257076416_3246102765253009914_n.jpg

The heavy rains haven't let up yet, either. Major flooding in some townships.....they were reporting on the news that water was 4' deep in some neighborhoods :scared:. While I am grateful that all this precipitation hasn't come in snow, at the same time.....it's April, for Pete's sake! We need sun :sunny:. At this rate, I'll won't get my gardens done before Memorial Day.

We have a pet sitting service to supplement my family as pet sitters. We've had a few over the years and they are all great! Your babies look so friendly! A few of mine are shy and my pet sitter takes it personally! I tell her that's how they are with all visitors!

Character breakfast sounds great! We did one at 1900 PF and loved it. We planned one of the last seatings at 11:30 am- got to sleep in and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast(served as lunch as well due to the timing). Character meals tend to be a little boisterous and rushed but by the time we arrived, the restaurant cleared out, buffet was replenished still, and all the characters were there and able to spend a lot of time with us. We were the last family to leave! Walking around the Grand Floridian was a nice thing to do afterwards.

Violet's less accepting of new people than Dash is, but both have done well with the Pet Nanny in the past .... Dash, in particular, can become friends with anyone that has food in hand :laughing:. Fingers crossed that Friday's meet-and-greet goes well (the new Nanny called this afternoon, and she sounds super sweet :cutie:, so that's encouraging!). I am told that new nanny is a real cat lover, so hopefully that will help her be understanding of the cats' quirks and oddities.

I took a peek at the Disney Dining website this morning, and 1900 Park Fare has breakfast ADR's for our week still available, as does Cape May. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not to splurge .... at around $90 with tip, I'm just wondering if we'll find it still has value. Decisions, decisions :scratchin.

I've been absent from your Trip report for awhile now...you probably don't even remember me...haha but I am back following along and taking notes as always.(I was able to snag a b1g1 at hash house..thank you!!!) Last week we did something crazy for us and booked a last minute trip to Orlando May 8-16. With an 8 day Alamo rental for $211 and then an 8 night rental at Windsor hills for $695 all the signs seemed to be a go..so we are going for it :) I will need to catch all up later with comments of what I have missed the last few months, you have been a busy lady. So happy you are getting all settled. :)

Of course I remember you!! Welcome back! :goodvibes
Congrats on booking a trip.....you got a fantastic deal on your car rental and accommodations! :cheer2: Best of all, you hardly have any time to wait before your trip is here! :banana: Since our dates overlap, we can count down and watch the weather together over the next few weeks :sunny:.

What parks are on the itinerary?

Hopefully I'll get to see you again during this vacation :)

Absolutely! Steve and I would love to see you! :goodvibes Let me know what day might work to meet up.

This trip is actually shaping up to be a real "Disapalooza" :woohoo:. We'll be enjoying dinner with @chiamarie , we have a tentative meet-up with @JaxDad , @pattyw might be able to get together with us while she's is in town visiting her son, and adding you to the group makes 4 :thumbsup2. We might have to book a VERY big table at Kobes at this rate :rotfl:.

20 days! I think that means 27 for us, 26 until we leave. WOW it's coming up fast!

It's crazy soon! We're officially at 19 days!

Unless our weather starts to moderate soon, the adjustment to the heat of the south is going to be a killer that first few days :crazy2:.

20 days sounds so soon! Yea for vacation! We are at 33 and really getting pumped up for our time in Florida.

That last month before travel is always my favorite....I find it so fun to be taking care of all the final details :goodvibes. The final 30 day countdown always feels short!

You must be getting excited, too ::yes::.

Looks like your weather is a bit like ours in Ohio. We enjoyed our two beautiful spring days last week and now we have a high of 39 tomorrow...brrr. We also had quite a bit of water in the last few weeks, we joked that our backyard was a pool at one point.

Our agenda includes a day at MK, a 3 day Sea World/Aquatica pass, Showcase Citrus monster truck ride (both bought off groupon woo hoo!!) A day at Port Canaveral/ Cocoa Beach where we are hoping to show the boys cruise ships to get them excited for our upcoming cruise in October. I am so excited for this trip. Crazy its only 23?? days away. We haven't told the boys and think we will keep it a surprise. Although I love that this trip will be so soon, I also enjoy the excitement that comes with waiting for a trip to arrive.

I am starting to get things together. I finally bought a swimsuit today...such an exhausting process. Still would like to get a few new tops. Starting to look into restaurant choices. I know my favorites Sweet Tomatoes and Twistee Treat will be visited multiple times, but hoping to find something new and fun to add in the mix. Might add in a trip to Wonderland Cookie dough, I love me some cookie dough.

I am so glad that the pet nanny seems promising. My mom actually owned a boarding kennel while I was growing up, such a fun experience for a kid to get new pets to play with all the time. Hopefully your kitties take to her and its a great fit.

I will be interested to hear how your owners meeting goes. I am alot like you that while I applaud salesmen effort I am not easily bent and often
come our feeling like I have frustrated them. Hopefully they read the signs and let you out quickly and you can enjoy that extra spending as a fun bonus on your trip.

Now back to all the updates I missed. I am so happy house hunting all worked out for you and it is feeling like home. I am exciting to see the before and afters. I love me some HGTV..haha. I am glad you have been able to spend some time with Jake. Im sure your heart aches everyday. I know my boys will eventually leave the nest so I am soaking in every moment I can with them.

Absolutely! Steve and I would love to see you! :goodvibes Let me know what day might work to meet up.

This trip is actually shaping up to be a real "Disapalooza" :woohoo:. We'll be enjoying dinner with @chiamarie , we have a tentative meet-up with @JaxDad , @pattyw might be able to get together with us while she's is in town visiting her son, and adding you to the group makes 4 :thumbsup2. We might have to book a VERY big table at Kobes at this rate :rotfl:.

I'll have to go back and find the itinerary, but I'm sure there is a day that works :)

Considering they pay us $100-125 via a prepaid Visa gift card

If you're going to Disney Springs, you can easily spend that gift card. Go to Basin - they have all kinds of yummy scented things.

I can't wait for the point where I can start watching the long-range weather forecast......hoping for lots of sun and as little rain as possible. We've been so lucky on all of our trips so far, we keep thinking we will get a complete wash-out one of these times :umbrella:. Hoping that's not the case, but you never know.

May mother nature be kind to you! Because she is currently a bi-polar, hateful wench. Hmmm, maybe if I stop calling her names she might be nicer to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!