Am I a bit weird or what?

El Tel

Mouseketeer
I must confess that I get a lot of pleasure from planning my WDW vacations - it helps keep me sane until I actually go. Oh, the anticipation!!! :banana:
I wasn't initially going to do the Dining Plan, as I thought you lost out if you are offsite for a day or two. Having realised I was wrong, I've added the Dining Plan to my booking. I wouldn't normally have chosen (or could have afforded) to go to so many Disney restaurants, but now I can (and eat less junk food I hope). :)
Oh boy - what fun I'm having planning it all: what restaurants, when to go, what food to have (all those scrummy photos and reviews on this forum). :yay:
Does anybody else get this kind of buzz from it all, or am I a bit weird and in need of therapy. (Please say I'm normal!!!) :p :rotfl2:

I'm with you. However, I must warn you that for me - that initial buzz has worn off. :guilty: - I was SO INTO it at first. But now that all my ADR's are booked and I almost have my whole itinerary (rides/attractions in what order for each park) completed. I realize I have nothing much to do until I go in Sept. So - I keep reading and thinking about changing my ADR's (oh yeah- also have all my CS's planned out too) - but I don't think that'll happen. So it's a little bit of a letdown to have all the planning done.

But it doesn't make me any less excited to actually go. :banana:

You are totally normal. As am I. :rotfl2: Planning is at least half the fun. However, I don't overplan. I have some ADR that require park admission but I have more that don't. I don't plan all my days as to what parks, what time, etc. I do like to take advantage of the p.m. EMH though so those evenings are pretty well planed. I do like to have the ADRs to fall back on in case our plans change I know there is a least one place when can eat without a long wait. I'm still thinking of changing a few ADR-figure I'll decide for sure in the next week or so. Of course, I still have over 3 months to go...........

:rotfl: :rotfl2: I am a soon to be first timer, 99 days to go, have 4 guidebooks, 1 overview map and the dis boards for 24 hour help. Dining is booked, days are planned, and have already decided we are going next year, and i have not even been yet!!So excited I can hardly stand it! :Pinkbounc :banana:
A group hug to all you great people who have made this trip planning a breeze :grouphug: :grouphug: .

I really like to read posts like these. The non-Disney lovers in my life always make me feel like an odd duck. They just don’t know what they are missing. :cool1:

Brymolmom, I am in the same boat. Trip isn't until September and I have all our plans made (though I am keeping CS open so we can be just a little spontaneous) down to which days dh and I get for ourselves in the parks and which days one of us will stay with our younger kids and enjoy unstructured activities (pool, playground,etc...).

I was really hyped when I booked our free dining package for the first three days of our September visit....but since the reservations are made and all I really have to do yet is finish paying...its not quite as fun. I'm trying to think of new ways to get that excitement going.

We do have another visit before September...but no dining plan.

A million things I should be doing..and here I am..printing out menus and looking up packing tips on DIS. Yep...I'm sick...
Hello, my name is Wicked_Maleficent and I am a DIS addict, a trip planner, and I need help! :rotfl2: The cure? A trip to WDW!! :rotfl:

OK- so hows THIS for weird.....i am SO psyched to go in sept- have my adrs, i am on the boards all the time just reading everything i can- planning is half the fun...but......
I AM SO SCARED TO THINK ABOUT WHEN MY TRIP WILL BE OVER! :scared1:

i am actually worried i wont be able to handle it. its kind of like christmas- you know, all the planning and the hype- then boom! its over, now what?!

i know what the logical thing would be...start planning another trip, but DH said this will be it for a while. i feel like a drug addict who just needs more and dont know what i am going to do if i cant get another fix! :crazy:

OMG! now THATS weird!

Am I the only one who feels THIS way?

PS- is it wrong to offer to pay for other family members to go to disney that have NO desire to go....just so you can get YOUR Disney fix?? ...I didn't think so! :lmao:

If you are weird so are the rest of us compulsive planners on these boards! And my vote is NO!!! It is all the noncompulsives that are weird! :banana:

Thank goodness I am not the only DIS addict. We usually eat on the fly but this time we have the free DDP. I keep second guessing my ADR's as we have only eaten TS a couple of times during our previous 3 trips. So all of this is new to me. I am taking my DD18 and her BF19 and he is not a very adventurous eater plus he does not like beef. Oh, and did I mention he is about 6'4" so he will need to eat more than we normally do. (I was quite thankful for the free dining as our family tends only eat twice a day at counter service with no snacks - we forget that others might get hungry) Lately, I have been spending more time on these boards than I do cleaning my house! I can hardly wait for my daughter to finish her homework and get off the computer so I can "surf" somemore. This is getting crazy!! LOL :jumping1:

That settles it then - we are all perfectly normal. :thumbsup2
I was beginning to wonder if I was getting paranoid - but it's simply the case that everyone else thinks I am. :crazy: :rotfl2:

Having read the posts, I think I'm developing two phobias:
Premickeyphobia and postmickeyphobia

Premickeyphobia is where I run out of planning things to do before my trip to WDW.
Postmickeyphobia is where I get back from WDW and have to face up to the real world.

Has anyone got any suggestions for helping treat either of these?

I personally found that playing CDs of WDW parades and music whilst looking at photos and videos of my trip helped with my Postmickeyphobia. Though it did have the curious side effect of making me browse through travel brochures until I booked again. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter