Am I in trouble getting my magic bands in time?

Bete

DIS Veteran
We are leaving for another destination 8 days before our arrival to Disney World. Now, I'm thinking that my magic bands will come when we are already gone; because, we are leaving early.

Will I be all right? Will they come before we leave? Is there anything I can do with Disney to assure I get the magic bands before we leave early?

Will Disney give me magic bands at their resort if I don't get the ones I ordered before we leave?

I got mine yesterday, 26 days before arrival. I don't know if that's the normal time frame.

I got mine yesterday, 26 days before arrival. I don't know if that's the normal time frame.

Did you pay your Disney trip off before your 30 day mark? Disney may do the magic bands when they get their final payment. I have a package deal and I'm at my 40 day mark from arrival. I didn't want to pay it off too early in case we had to cancel. That's a long story. I don't have travel insurance.

I don't have old magic bands.

Did you pay your Disney trip off before your 30 day mark? Disney may do the magic bands when they get their final payment. I have a package deal and I'm at my 40 day mark from arrival. I didn't want to pay it off too early in case we had to cancel. That's a long story. I don't have travel insurance.

You don’t have to pay off your reservation before arrival to get MBs.

We are leaving for another destination 8 days before our arrival to Disney World. Now, I'm thinking that my magic bands will come when we are already gone; because, we are leaving early.

They generally arrive 2 to 3 weeks before your trip.

Will I be all right?

Yes.

Will they come before we leave?

Maybe.

Is there anything I can do with Disney to assure I get the magic bands before we leave early?

No.

Will Disney give me magic bands at their resort if I don't get the ones I ordered before we leave?

Yes.

I called Disney to have the MBs waiting at the resort. They changed the address in MDE to the resort's address.

Trip payoff has nothing to do with MagicBand shipment. The order is always finalized 30 days before checkin, and shipped a few days after that. Typically people receive them 14-25 days before their trips. You should be fine.

And just FYI, it doesn't matter how much you have paid or not paid. If you cancel before 30 days, you get everything back. If you cancel between 2 and 30 days before your trip, you get everything back minus your deposit.

You have until 30 days prior to customize them.
Then they will process and generally ship about 28 days prior.
You should have them around 21-24 days prior.
Even if they get held up for some reason you should easily get them a good 10-14 days prior.
I wouldn't be worried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!